Thread: H&R 22 Special parts

H&R 22 Special parts

I have an H&R 22 special that I inherited from my grandfather. He bought it sometime after he returned from France in 1945. My brother had it before I did and when I got it it was partially disassembled. I've reassembled it but I believe that I am missing some super thin spacers that go in the hinge where the barrel attaches to the frame. there is excessive play and it interferes with the timing of the cylinder.
    My question, aside from Numrich (already checked there) who might have the parts to repair this revolver so that I can restore it to it's intended glory?

Scott
    Always Remember:
    A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
    (I don't know who to credit but I like the quote.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I just looked up that pistol, I hope you can get it fixed.

Now to your question, maybe Brownells? The other think to think about is seeing if you can have the piece made. My machinists that I had on my last ship made some very thin (talking like .005" thick) for use in some pumps. I know it sounds expensive but it may not be as bad as it sounds.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Scott, try calling the people at Jack First, Inc. - (605) 343-9544. They do have a website but they don't offer any online ordering. Hope this helps!

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Thanks for the replies. I'll look into it.

Scott
    Always Remember:
    A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
    (I don't know who to credit but I like the quote.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!