Friend A: Remember the friend I told you guys about that was looking for at getting a Hi-Point? Well now he says he found a deal on a Intratec .25 ACP. I had no idea Intratec made a .25 ACP in the 90's. Anyway it kind of looks like their other offerings from my research (not trying to sound like a gun snob but for $135) I would shop harder. I don't know why he won't put aside some cash wait a month and just buy something decent. He goes from a hi-point to a Intratec .25

Friend B: The other friend of mine on the other hand is completely different. He saw a nice Colt Ar-15 at Walmart for $1200 bucks and is coming up with a game plan to get it, and then pick up a good quality 1911. He is familiar with guns and understands them but now he is in a good position to really make some good purchases. He asks a lot of questions about this, that and the other and really is concerned about what is what and wants quality.

The thing is the one friend who wants the hi-point or the intratec is more educated on guns than the other friend, but he likes to blow his money on parties and entertainment. Well my other friend who is not as educated but is concerned about having quality.

Both of them are SHTF conscious...and I got to wondering if that did happen which one would I rather run with. Friend A keeps asking me about where I would go and what would I do and "We will share ammo right?" Where friend B is more about wanting to get for his own so he can provide for himself and not rely on other people in a SHTF situation.

Friend A doesn't even own a cleaning kit and gets me to clean his guns, doesn't own anything to sharpen a knife and gets me to sharpen his knives for him. To this day he will not spend money on solvents, oils, patches, or even a cheap cleaning kit. Friend B on the other hand sharpens his blades, and wants to get all the prospective stuff to maintain his equipment.

Thing is Friend A knows better and knows cheaping out is a no-go. Friend B is trying so hard to learn as quick as he can. Now if SHTF I feel as if friend A could be more of a burden than a help. Does that sound terrible?