Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is the anti-gun commercial popping up on youtube.

was_peacemaker

Thumbs down Here is the anti-gun commercial popping up on youtube.

I was looking for something on comparative religion and this is the commercial I got before the video started. I bet this is Bloombergs doing.

no surprise.

THEY LOVE DEAD KIDS

IMHO , what type of moron keeps UNSECURED weapons in a home with children ??
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^I think you answered your own question.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    I was looking for something on comparative religion and this is the commercial I got before the video started. I bet this is Bloombergs doing.
    The kind of thing depicted in the video would never happen if her dad took the kids out shooting and taught them firearms safety.

My long guns are in a safe, but I've got a loaded pistol in the nightstand. My kids know it's there and they've shot that very gun (and all my others) at the range.

They know the safety rules and they've been shooting enough that a gun in the nightstand is of no interest to them.

My kids have "been there - done that"... the gun is no novelty to them.

Of course, the anti's call this "parents indoctrinating kids into the evil gun culture" - they would rather kids be uninformed and dead.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Nice Baretta M9.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Wow. What a work of fantasy.

Its almost like they are unaware that the majority of children killed with firearms are teenage street thugs.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The kind of thing depicted in the video would never happen if her dad took the kids out shooting and taught them firearms safety.

My long guns are in a safe, but I've got a loaded pistol in the nightstand. My kids know it's there and they've shot that very gun (and all my others) at the range.

They know the safety rules and they've been shooting enough that a gun in the nightstand is of no interest to them.

Of course, the anti's call this "parents indoctrinating kids into the evil gun culture" - they would rather kids be uninformed and dead.
    That is exactly right. If you take the mystery out of firearms and teach them to use them while explaining gun safety, you'll have a kid that won't do shit like this stupid video.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Wow. What a work of fantasy.

Its almost like they are unaware that the majority of children killed with firearms are teenage street thugs.
    Das rasis!
    Returns June 3rd.

heres one from today.

http://www.wearecentralpa.com/story/...r0SGKlpihlqQBg

how hard is it to lock something up ????????????????
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Sorry, but I think that's a good video. It gets the point across, how you store your guns is important.

Yes education is the key, as Roger said, but there are also those who are simply too young to understand, and of course kids with various disabilities which may not allow them to process the information.

And even with older kids an unsecured gun still represents a risk. While yes the kid may be able to defend itself and the family by having access to a gun, kids don't always make the best decisions and can be prone to engage in life altering actions without considering or comprehending the risks.

It's a "your mileage may vary" situation.

But sadly, events like the video shows happen far to often, and most are easily preventable.

Thankfully, such incidents are in a steep decline.

Accidental firearm fatalities in 1991 were 1441 and declined to 600 in 2011. Over a 50% decrease. This may be due in part to laws that require gun locks to be included in all new gun purchases.

While the video wasn't exactly "pro-gun", I don't think it was anti-gun either. I would call it "pro-responsible gun ownership", although it might be more fair, due to its presentation to be "anti-irresponsible gun ownership".

Either way, the message is essentially the same as the NRA has been putting out for decades.... be aware of how you store firearms

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

the video has comments disabled. Typical.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    the video has comments disabled. Typical.
    +1000
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

+1000...That was how alot of my buddies and myself were raised. Education on anything prevents accidents. Whether its guns, power tools, boats, or driving a car.

My Dad's rifles and shotguns hung on the wall on the back porch. Under the rack were drawers that held the ammo for each.

By the time I was old enough to have gotten one down and actually loaded it, I knew it would be something stupid to do. Plus I also knew the old man would tan my ass.
    Returns June 3rd.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    My Dad's rifles and shotguns hung on the wall on the back porch. Under the rack were drawers that held the ammo for each.

By the time I was old enough to have gotten one down and actually loaded it, I knew it would be something stupid to do. Plus I also knew the old man would tan my ass.
    Once again back in the days when a kid could be spanked without the parents going to jail and look at the difference between the older and younger gens.

Once again back in the days when a kid could be spanked without the parents going to jail and look at the difference between the older and younger gens.
    When my brothers and I got taller than our Mom she quite the spanking deal...............she'd take a broom handle after us. I shit you not.
    Returns June 3rd.

was_peacemaker
    When my brothers and I got taller than our Mom she quite the spanking deal...............she'd take a broom handle after us. I shit you not.
    LOL! She went LAPD on your tails!

LOL! She went LAPD on your tails!
    Oh yeah, the old woman was a Nazi from the get!!!

But, I survived and was stronger for it.

Spare the rod, end up with LAQC.
    Returns June 3rd.

was_peacemaker
    Oh yeah, the old woman was a Nazi from the get!!!

But, I survived and was stronger for it.

Spare the rod, end up with LAQC.

That is funny! LOL

That is funny! LOL
    Its uh, also true.
    Returns June 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast