Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your favorite Salad dressing?

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Russian? Never heard of a Russian salad dressing.
    Yeah, it's less creamy and a little darker and thinner than french, but they taste pretty similar to each other.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Yeah, it's less creamy and a little darker and thinner than french, but they taste pretty similar to each other.
    Cool...I am going to see if I can't find some next time I am out.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Not only would she make the dressing but make the croutons. The bread would come from the bakeshop. She would roast some garlic, use it in the dressing. Use the garlic oil to make the croutons. Then use the leftoiver oil to make dressing. That was some good stuff.

If you have ever had a Caesar salad made table side. That is an experience. If they do it right! We are talking Waiter pulls up. Bowl, egg yolk. anchovy, mustard. Garlic, olive oil. Salt and pepper, fresh cut Romain. Fresh grated Parmesan. And good croutons. Best salad ever.
    I have and yes...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I have and yes...
    Oh hell yeah. Expensive, but worth it.
    Returns June 3rd.

This is the only store-bought Ranch I really care for:

Kraft, Hidden Valley, and most of the others taste like shit, but that stuff tastes more like the "House" dressing some restaurants serve.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    This is the only store-bought Ranch I really care for:

Kraft, Hidden Valley, and most of the others taste like shit, but that stuff tastes more like the "House" dressing some restaurants serve.
    Pretty sure we all know what your favorite "dressing" is.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

French, Italian, or Ranch, are the three I alternate between.

No real "favorite" just which ever one I'm in the mood for.

If I'm dining out I'll usually get Blue Cheese if it has crumbles or if I know the place has a good house Vinergarette I'll get that.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Pretty sure we all know what your favorite "dressing" is.
    As long as the salad gets tossed...
    Face your fear, accept your war.

I was lead to believe that Russian dressing is part ketchup, part mayo. We used that combo on chicken patties and burgers growing up, and always called that Russian dressing.
    If you have ever had a Caesar salad made table side. That is an experience. If they do it right! We are talking Waiter pulls up. Bowl, egg yolk. anchovy, mustard. Garlic, olive oil. Salt and pepper, fresh cut Romain. Fresh grated Parmesan. And good croutons. Best salad ever.
    Now after reading that, I am beginning to doubt if I have even had a real Caesar salad. I like to get a Caesar salad when I’m eating out. It's so good, I don't consider it just a salad dressing, but a whole meal unto itself. Kind of like how I consider a taco salad, or cole slaw. That’s why I said ranch earlier instead of Caesar or taco meat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12