Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    My buddy, who shops WW every morning for .22's...
    So it's not just my imagination and there are guys who actually do this. Glad that he gave you a break since most of us fall victim (of sorts) to this behavior.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Being old school I am really having a hard time seeing a brick (500 rounds) of .22LR go for $40 and up. CDNN has it advertised at the bargain price of $50 a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Being old school I am really having a hard time seeing a brick (500 rounds) of .22LR go for $40 and up. CDNN has it advertised at the bargain price of $50 a brick.
    Check this link when you are shopping.
    http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    So it's not just my imagination and there are guys who actually do this. Glad that he gave you a break since most of us fall victim (of sorts) to this behavior.
    Oh yeah. It's a ritual with him and 3 other guys that live in the area. One of them is a town cop who buys a few boxes then takes them to a friend's sporting goods store and sells them to him at cost. That way, he's doing his friend a favor and he has a few boxes to sell, too.

It's similar to a bunch of guys around here who always start their mornings at Mickey D's or Hardee's with coffee and breakfast. The only difference is these guys buy .22's instead of breakfast.

During the summer, when I taught summer school, I would join them. But, now that summer school's over, my buddy's looking out for me.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

a couple weeks ago I scored 3k of .22lr at walmart. It was about $50/1000. on top of what I already have I probrably have about 6 or 7k of .22lr so I am set for a while. I haven't shot any since early 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Actually, it was 1360 rnds. for $80. I miscounted when I posted this. When you said $50/500, I didn't think that sounded right, so I went back and rechecked. My fault. Math isn't one of my strong points.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

I think the days of cheap .22 ammo are over guys! Just buy when you can.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

$25/500 is high, but not astronomical. In the early 2000s I remember .22lr being around $7-$9/500. Fair price these days would probably be around $15-$18/500 if it werent for the shortage.

Don't forget we used to laugh at the .50 BMG guys for paying $1 a round in those days. Now a box of .308 hunting ammo is $1/ round or more. Hell, have you looked at .44mag lately?

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    $25/500 is high, but not astronomical. In the early 2000s I remember .22lr being around $7-$9/500. Fair price these days would probably be around $15-$18/500 if it werent for the shortage.

Don't forget we used to laugh at the .50 BMG guys for paying $1 a round in those days. Now a box of .308 hunting ammo is $1/ round or more. Hell, have you looked at .44mag lately?
    Oh yeah. I was checking those out this afternoon. WW has it at $.80/cartridge.

Freedom isn't free.

Local Wally world has the same guys every morning. So I hear. Normally I am at work at that time. Not hurting here. But might go this morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12