Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How are you celebrating Earth Day?

Ok Kad in 1000 years if the world even remembers a place called the United States of America I will have a Catholic beer wid ya!!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Drove around in a 05 Ford 150 with a 5.4 liter and idled it when I wasn't moving. Put some wells to the "Tank" and vented natural gas in to the atmosphere by the 1000's of cubic feet for several hours. Needed to do this to unload the well of millions of years old sea water that was loading up my wells. Had some water hauled off to disposal wells to be disposed of.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    I'm burning tires with diesel fuel.

Later I'm going to mow the neighbors flower bed.
    I'm going to change my oil and dump the old on the lawn behind the garage......
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Ok Kad in 1000 years if the world even remembers a place called the United States of America I will have a Catholic beer wid ya!!
    Sounds good...how about Obama Day 3014?

Er, maybe Earth Day instead

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I got together with some of my Earth First komrades and bemoaned the fate of the old growth trees:

Because tiring to make the world a better place for future generations is such a bad idea....

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Yes, they don't seem to like my 8 cylinder turbo diesel either. Prius drivers love it when I pull up behind them at a light and get just off their rear bumper. All they can see is F-250 grill.

The sound of the diesel running seems to agitate Prius drivers too.

Sometimes if you pass a Prius on the 4 lane road, you can punch it and it'll roll coal through their open windows.
    When I had my '78 Mark V if I rolled on it next to a Prius it would suck the thing in through the 4 barrel and out the dual exhaust. That 460 preferred Prius for breakfast.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Because tiring to make the world a better place for future generations is such a bad idea....
    I think we can all agree...don't dump your used motor oil in the storm sewer. Some of this crap is ridiculous.

my neighbor for years poured it out back in the woods. asked him about it once and he shrugged and said it came out of the ground.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I think we can all agree...don't dump your used motor oil in the storm sewer. Some of this crap is ridiculous.
    Agreed.

They pour it in to the rain sewers in the city .

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

I took my time machine into the future and bought me a pulse gravity boost generator. Then I came back to yesterday and aimed it at a big asteroid and am pulling it to Earth. it should hit tonight and kill all you worthless gun banning librarians. Sweet dreams. I'll be safe in my bunker with my beans and rice and 50 gallons of water.

Edited to add: With my nude pictures of Abortion Barbie!

Last edited by miketx; 04-23-2014 at 09:43 AM.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

I like to dump it on the lawns of neighbors I don't like. Then set fire to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I like to dump it on the lawns of neighbors I don't like. Then set fire to it.
    Solve 2 problems at once. I like it.

Wow, that is a really "early" photo of BS from back in the day. Ozzie almost looks human.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Fuck em!
    Returns June 3rd.

“I’m scared,” Paul Ehrlich wrote in the 1970 Earth Day issue of Look. “I have a 14-year-old daughter whom I love very much. I know a lot of young people, and their world is being destroyed.

“My world is being destroyed. I’m 37 and I’d kind of like to live to be 67 in a reasonably pleasant world, and not die in some kind of holocaust in the next decade.”

Lord willing and the creek doesn’t rise, Ehrlich will turn 78 [82 on 29 May 2014] next month.

“We have about five more years at the outside to do something,” ecologist Kenneth Watt said at Swarthmore College in 1970.

Well, we must have done something right. We’re still here.

Maybe it was the leisure suits that saved us. That makes about as much sense as anything else.

“We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation,” wrote Washington University biologist Barry Commoner for a 1970 Earth Day issue of “Environment,” a scientific journal.

He did not put an end date to his prediction. But Ehrlich did.

“Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make,” Ehrlich said in 1970.

“The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”

Ehrlich was an optimist compared to Denis Hayes, an aide to Nelson, the chief organizer for the first Earth Day.

“It is already too late to avoid mass starvation,” Hayes said.

“Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa.

“By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions . . . By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.”

Obesity, not famine, is the world’s pandemic today. I guess that settled science – “demographers agree almost unanimously” – isn’t necessarily good science.

http://lubbockonline.com/interact/bl...0%99s-birthday
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Solve 2 problems at once. I like it.
    Damn those chics are ugly. Why are two of them holding hands?
    Returns June 3rd.

Here ya go;
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I pissed in the gas tank of some hippies prius.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    I pissed in the gas tank of some hippies prius.
    Returns June 3rd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast