Thread: Tried a New Cigar

Tried a New Cigar

But after seeing El Jefe's picture of his latest shipment I may as well not even bother posting it.
    CLE Corojo corona. Billed as full bodied. I'd say more med. Nice cigar experience. Creamy smoke and lots of it. Good burn, great draw. Bit of oak and sweetness. Hint of spice in the second half. Pleasant.
    Last edited by TEN-32; 04-24-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Stop the hate!

But seriously, its Honduran and made by the guy who makes Camacho. I would expect this to be a good smoke.

The Excalibur sticks are Honduran and as you know quite tasty. I'm pretty sure I prefer Honduran tobacco over Nicaraguan. If that statement doesn't smoke Stan out of the bushes, nothing will.
    Returns June 3rd.

Really?!?! Honduran? Interesting. This stick is supposedly cuban-style...dunno. It was pretty goo though.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Really?!?! Honduran? Interesting. This stick is supposedly cuban-style...dunno. It was pretty goo though.
    Have you noticed that that term doesn't seem to mean the same thing to all makers. Some of the top shelf Nicaraguan smokes claim to be of a cuban style, yet they taste like no cuban I've had.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Have you noticed that that term doesn't seem to mean the same thing to all makers. Some of the top shelf Nicaraguan smokes claim to be of a cuban style, yet they taste like no cuban I've had.
    Yes. I think its a lot of hype.

Yes. I think its a lot of hype.
    So is the term "grown from Cuban seed."

Its not the tobacco plants themselves that are the biggest factor for flavor profile, its the soil and growing conditions. Plus the skill of the grower.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Something my USMC old man always used to say to me, "You can tell a lot about a man by looking at his finger nails & shoes".

Translated: if you didn't have short-cut, clean nails & shoes that cast a reflection, you were a "bum". He also approved & indulged in smoking good cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Something my USMC old man always used to say to me, "You can tell a lot about a man by looking at his finger nails & shoes".

Translated: if you didn't have short-cut, clean nails & shoes that cast a reflection, you were a "bum". He also approved & indulged in smoking good cigars.
    I'll bet he had a lot more nuggets of gold/wisdom where that one came from. Anyway, that picture sux. I got a new phone and I'm still getting used to the camera.