Thread: Republican congressional candidate Carl DeMaio

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Republican congressional candidate Carl DeMaio

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...aio-in-corner/

"I've found more tolerance, acceptance and inclusion from social conservative groups who have to reconcile that I'm a Republican who happens to be gay...versus the intolerance the LGBT leaders see me as a gay man who happens to be a Republican," DeMaio said.

“Despite claims that they insist on tolerance, diversity and acceptance on all political issues, I suspect that they really want to keep intact their alliance with unions so that they don't upset their funding sources and coalition. The Democratic groups need the GOP to remain the bogeyman because if the Republicans are no longer a threat, who needs to donate to these LGBT political groups?” he said.

DeMaio recently told me that he believes he represents the majority of Republicans. He may be right. Most of the Republican Party has moved, however incrementally, beyond the parochial issues of race, gender and sexuality.

And this was just hilarious:

One false attack drew the attention of the San Diego Ethics Commission. An anonymous left-wing group funded a SuperPac and sent mailers of DeMaio Photoshopped next to a drag queen to neighborhoods with a majority of elderly and African-American voters, knowing that such a photo would depress support for DeMaio.

The moral of this story is that Democrats don't give the first shit about civil rights, its all about getting your vote and your dollar. The other lesson of this story is that the Republicans can become the party of civil rights and personal liberty without sacrificing their core values.

And here is further evidence. The California left hates this guy:

http://sandiegofreepress.org/2014/02.../#.U2B3_ldkV6g

To paraphrase Sister Sarah, you can dress a pig up in pretty clothes and lipstick, but it’s still a pig, no matter how insistent you are in denying it. You can paint Carl DeMaio as a reasonable, moderate Republican all you want, but the guy is as Tea Party as they come, only without the batshit crazy and with a lot more snake oil.

DeMaio’s idea of good governance is simple: The less the better. He stands for fewer consumer protections, no wage protections, and lower taxes on his wealthy friends. Collective bargaining is a no-no, having expressed his deeply heartfelt desire to turn San Diego into the “Wisconsin of the West,” referring to that state’s near elimination of union and worker’s rights. He is vehemently against a raise in the minimum wage. He is a staunch proponent of outsourcing, particularly when it comes to the public sector. The man would outsource city jobs to China if he thought it would look good on the balance sheet, which may earn him kudos in conservative circles, but it’s been proven to be bad for the economy.

Austerity is the name of the game for DeMaio. It’s doubtful that he’s ever met a budget cut he didn’t like. And as a member of Congress, we can look forward to DeMaio voting in lock step with the Tea Party to ban abortion, defund food stamps, privatize Social Security, and end Medicare as we know it. Not to mention countless more votes to repeal Obamacare in addition to the 40 some odd votes that have already taken place yet have accomplished exactly nothing.
    The way the liberals at this paper describe him, he sounds fucking awesome. I'm sure they're exaggerating his conservatism to help sell their democrat candidate though.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 04-29-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Interesting. lock step talking points. hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut..........
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 05/2012

Hmmm. It would seem if you did not vote for him, you would be a homophobe?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I fail to see the relevance of posting this in the General Firearms forum. Seems to belong in General Discussion of Gunsnet. Let me know if you really meant to put it here or was this an oops. I'll move it if it was a mistake.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I fail to see the relevance of posting this in the General Firearms forum. Seems to belong in General Discussion of Gunsnet. Let me know if you really meant to put it here or was this an oops. I'll move it if it was a mistake.
    It was a mistake putting it here. It was meant for GD.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

OK then, here you are all moved in to GD.