Thread: Norinco numbers matching wood?

Norinco numbers matching wood?

Does anybody know more about Norinco 56S rifles with matching number stock sets? This is the only one that I have seen. The asking price is more than I would pay, but it does seem unique. The same seller has a Clayco with a lower starting bid than the numbered stock set 56S, so obviously he feels the numbered stock set has an added value.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=413839600

pix828772758.jpg

pix163625258.jpg

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    First I have seen. One of two possibilities. First, the importer requested a rifle be made with the serial number marked on the wood, or a previous owner did a really good job of stamping the numbers to make them look factory.

those look exactly like that stock stampings the norinco sks' have.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    First I have seen. One of two possibilities. First, the importer requested a rifle be made with the serial number marked on the wood, or a previous owner did a really good job of stamping the numbers to make them look factory.
    I thought that maybe the owner did it after being imported, but it just looks so "factory". The fact that I have not seen one before means squat, you not seeing it confirms to me that it is unusual. Would an importer have the ability to request a single custom rifle? OK, let me rephrase that question. Would an importer likely be successful in requesting a one-off like this rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    those look exactly like that stock stampings the norinco sks' have.
    Funny, I have a cosmoline soaked Norinco SKS that I am cleaning up for a buddy. That was the first thing that I thought about to use for a comparison. I understand that Norinco probably didn't have some type of a proprietary stamp design, but the 4 & 6\9 are EXACT matches between the two stocks. If this was done by the owner, I give him a 100% on his reproduction skills.

Not to derail my own thread, but when did the grips change from the smooth to the textured type? Both of my 84S rifles have the smooth, and all of the NOS grips for sale seem to be the textured type.

I just compared the numbers to my Yugo O-Pap and they are the same style....if that matters. As soon as I can find a decent spare set of handguards, I am going to refinish a complete stock set with Amber shellac flakes. Now I am wondering if maybe I should try to find stamps that have this same style to (re)produce a numbers matching wood set. It seems that matching wood is worth a few hundred dollars more...to at least one person anyway. Stupid idea??

After talking with the Keng family, the Chinese would make the rifle any way the importer ordered, but they preferred a minimum number. Still with enough money waved in their face they would do something special ordered. Guessing since stamping the wood did not require any special parts, there is a possibility that they would do a one-off like that.

Dudes also got polytech legend I would like to have and the model 99 Barrett
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    After talking with the Keng family, the Chinese would make the rifle any way the importer ordered, but they preferred a minimum number. Still with enough money waved in their face they would do something special ordered. Guessing since stamping the wood did not require any special parts, there is a possibility that they would do a one-off like that.
    Thanks. Any info on what determined whether a rifle got a smooth or textured grip?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkilla01 View Post
    Dudes also got polytech legend I would like to have and the model 99 Barrett
    He has some nice items for sale, but his prices are a little on the high side, IMO. I guess they could be considered typical GB pricing.

Norinco numbers matching wood?

I hear ya on that brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Thanks. Any info on what determined whether a rifle got a smooth or textured grip?
    50% requested by the importer based on a parts list, 50% what the factory had in stock when they made the rifle.