Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrified Jack in the Box staff lock themselves in the freezer after heavily armed pro-gun group come in for dinner

Terrified Jack in the Box staff lock themselves in the freezer after heavily armed pro-gun group come in for dinner

Some of the comments are funny.

Terrified Jack in the Box staff lock themselves in the freezer after heavily armed pro-gun group come in for dinner

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...me-dinner.html
    Last edited by Paradox; 05-06-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Some of the comments are funny.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...me-dinner.html
    F--cking idiots. If a bunch of cops came in for lunch (wearing their duty weapons of course), they would think nothing of it.

Pathetic brainwashed people... so afraid of a small, inanimate object.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

"YegorG, Berlin, Germany, 16 minutes ago

Imbeciles. Is it any wonder that the US is filled with trigger happy cops & teenage spree killers, just how stupid can these fools be? The right to bear arms is no longer relevant, and when it was written, the founding fathers certainly didn't envisage that AR-15 assault rifles etc. were to be included."
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post

Imbeciles. Is it any wonder that the US is filled with trigger happy cops & teenage spree killers, just how stupid can these fools be? The right to bear arms is no longer relevant, and when it was written, the founding fathers certainly didn't envisage that AR-15 assault rifles etc. were to be included."

Some comments show the ignorance that foreigners have of our constitution and way of life.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

They work at Jack in the Box. Can't be real smart anyways. Blame the media for sensitizing firearms as evil. Boycotting Shit-in-the-bag for stupidity.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Some comments show the ignorance that foreigners have of our constitution and way of life.
    Yeah, about 98% of the comments to that article were just the usual America bashing the queer Euro's love to do. Fuck em.
    Returns June 3rd.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Carrying long guns to jack in the box is not normal.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Carrying long guns to jack in the box is not normal.
    Its not something I would do for sure. Its not exactly stealthy.
    Returns June 3rd.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post

People like this need to live in south Chicago for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    F--cking idiots. If a bunch of cops came in for lunch (wearing their duty weapons of course), they would think nothing of it.

Pathetic brainwashed people... so afraid of a small, inanimate object.
    It's not the object, it's the people it's attached to. Put the object in the belt of a police officer and the people correctly assume this person has had training on when not to pull it out. Has had some psychological testing done. Has a bureaucracy looking over his shoulder on a regular basis judging his actions to ensure he keeps his behaviour reasonably good.

Not a perfect system of course (what is?)

But it's a bit more confidence inspiring than "random group of armed strangers", who lets face it, wear their guns as political statement accessories, mostly for the shock value, when a Tshirt, hat, or button, would make the same statement, but wouldn't send people running for their lives.

BTW, and I know those people have the right to carry, but if any of those employees want to take that group to civil court, and file civil assault charges, it's likely 6 of one and half dozen of the other that the employee would win the case.

One cute blond girl who had nightmares about the incident, and is hesitant to go outside since that dash to the freezer, and that group is broke, the members who showed up are broke. I'm guessing neither the members nor the group have any sort of incidental insurance to cover such contingencies.

But you know who would really pay?

Jack in the box, for not putting up a $2 sign saying "no guns are allowed on the premises". And you guys wonder why those signs are so common.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

I can't recall the last time I saw one of those signs, So common is not what I would call them, and for kicks a sign that says "no guns are allowed on the premises" doesn;t mean shit. This sign however, does:

And as far as the brain dead brainwashed idiots in the UK, they sure liked american guns when the Nazis were trying to kill everybody in England and we were giving those cocksuckers those little single shot .45's. Fuck those cocksuckers.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    (1) It's not the object, it's the people it's attached to. Put the object in the belt of a police officer and the people correctly assume this person has had training on when not to pull it out. Has had some psychological testing done. Has a bureaucracy looking over his shoulder on a regular basis judging his actions to ensure he keeps his behaviour reasonably good.

Not a perfect system of course (what is?)

(2) But it's a bit more confidence inspiring than "random group of armed strangers", who lets face it, wear their guns as political statement accessories, mostly for the shock value, when a Tshirt, hat, or button, would make the same statement, but wouldn't send people running for their lives.

BTW, and I know those people have the right to carry, but if any of those employees want to take that group to civil court, and file civil assault charges, it's likely 6 of one and half dozen of the other that the employee would win the case.

One cute blond girl who had nightmares about the incident, and is hesitant to go outside since that dash to the freezer, and that group is broke, the members who showed up are broke. I'm guessing neither the members nor the group have any sort of incidental insurance to cover such contingencies.

Jack in the box, for not putting up a $2 sign saying "no guns are allowed on the premises". And you guys wonder why those signs are so common.
    (1) Do you honestly believe what you typed? Do you think cops are "trained" to use their firearms and trained "better" than us? Unless a cop is a "gun guy" like us, the only time he goes shooting is when the mandatory yearly or 6 month certification rolls around.

And how many times have you read about cops shooting wildly at someone and hitting innocent bystanders, only to be chastised by "gun guys" like us reminding them of basic gun safety rules such as "know your target and what's beyond" and "you only shoot as a last resort"?

Now I agree that there are a LOT of dumbass gun owners who do stupid, dangerous things and don't know the safety rules, but I completely DISAGREE that a cop is, by default, "trained" and better qualified to use a firearm.

(2) From the comments section:

Joseph Tye, weatherford, United States, 17 minutes ago
    Today, Open Carry Texas President, CJ Grisham, spoke directly with the head of corporate security for Jack In The Box who spoke personally with the employees at the restaurant in Fort Worth. The TRUTH is that NOT A SINGLE EMPLOYEE of Jack In The Box hid in a freezer nor did a single employee call 911 or the police. The 911 call was made by a couple in the restaurant. We are working to get the 911 call, the police report, and other recordings to find out where this information originated and expose those reporting false information to achieve their anti-gun agendas. Defamation of an organization in this fashion is serious business and we will not allow it to happen unchallenged. Fort Worth Police Department needs to correct their false statements immediately that painted open carry advocates unfairly in the media.
    "Nightmares over the incident"? Oh please. That is the biggest bunch of BS I've heard in a long time. I suspect the "cute blond girl" is revving up towards some kind of lawsuit for "pain and suffering".

And, the day that a person wins a lawsuit claiming "assault" because some people were doing what was perfectly legal to do is the time to forget the "jury box" and transition to the "cartridge box".

Oh, and as far as "no guns allowed" signs, I ignore them. I carry when and where I want to carry. The ONLY place I don't carry is at school because of the stupid "gun free victim zone" laws.

Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    I can't recall the last time I saw one of those signs, So common is not what I would call them, and for kicks a sign that says "no guns are allowed on the premises" doesn;t mean shit. This sign however, does:

And as far as the brain dead brainwashed idiots in the UK, they sure liked american guns when the Nazis were trying to kill everybody in England and we were giving those cocksuckers those little single shot .45's. Fuck those cocksuckers.
    Isn't that a Texas-only law?

BTW, hilarious..... "Section 30.06".

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

Yeah.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    It's not the object, it's the people it's attached to. Put the object in the belt of a police officer and the people correctly assume this person has had training on how to get away with pulling it out. Has had minimal psychological testing done. Has a bureaucracy looking over his shoulder on a regular basis covering up his fuckups to ensure he keeps paying union dues.

Typical corrupt government system of course (what isn't?)

But it's a bit more intimidating than "random group of free citizens", who lets face it, wear their firearms, simply because they have a right to, because a Tshirt, hat, or button, just doesn't make the same statement, which would send people running for their lives if they were planning to do something really bad to a bunch of random people at a jack in the box or something.
    Fixed it for you so that it conforms more closely to reality.

A thing only made possible by the aforementioned corrupt government and their chicken shit efforts to infringe on everyone's rights.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    (1) Do you honestly believe what you typed? Do you think cops are "trained" to use their firearms and trained "better" than us? Unless a cop is a "gun guy" like us, the only time he goes shooting is when the mandatory yearly or 6 month certification rolls around.

And how many times have you read about cops shooting wildly at someone and hitting innocent bystanders, only to be chastised by "gun guys" like us reminding them of basic gun safety rules such as "know your target and what's beyond" and "you only shoot as a last resort"?

Now I agree that there are a LOT of dumbass gun owners who do stupid, dangerous things and don't know the safety rules, but I completely DISAGREE that a cop is, by default, "trained" and better qualified to use a firearm.
    As I said, the cops aren't perfect, or even close. But they all have had some formal training in safe handling and the laws on use of deadly force for their jurisdiction. Plus some psychological testing, and as I said a bureaucracy looking over their shoulder.

Obviously it doesn't make them perfect, or have no incidents, but there are something like 1 million armed cops in this country, everyday, doing their jobs.

The same cannot be said of "most" gunowners. Most gunowners got taught by their daddy, who likely gave minimal instruction, the bulk of which went something like this "Don't point that thing at me you moron!, Look at what's behind the target idiot! And squeeze the trigger, don't jerk it"

With a fair amount of practice some get pretty good, but few are "well trained" or have any decent knowledge of the law. Maybe they were lucky enough to have a range master yell at them a few times, or got a bit more training in the boy scouts. If they were in one of the better states then they had to take a hunter safety course to buy a hunting license. Maybe they decided to get a concealed carry permit, which in what maybe half the states actually requires more than 5 hours of training and some low level practical shooting.

Don't assume the people on this board are "average" gun owners, we aren't. We are the truly dedicated owners/collectors/lovers/ whatever....a very small minority of gun owners.

(2) From the comments section:
    Couldn't tell you, may it's true. Maybe not.

"Nightmares over the incident"? Oh please. That is the biggest bunch of BS I've heard in a long time. I suspect the "cute blond girl" is revving up towards some kind of lawsuit for "pain and suffering".

And, the day that a person wins a lawsuit claiming "assault" because some people were doing what was perfectly legal to do is the time to forget the "jury box" and transition to the "cartridge box".
    Hate to tell you, but the definition of assault in civil law probably isn't what you think it is..."In common law, assault is the tort of acting intentionally, that is with either general or specific intent, causing the reasonable apprehension of an immediate harmful or offensive contact. Because assault requires intent, it is considered an intentional tort, as opposed to a tort of negligence."

Now you may argue that the open carry folks had no "intent" to cause a reasonable apprehension of harmful or offensive contact", but any half decent lawyer would argue that they were carrying those guns with the intent of gaining "awareness" of the issue, meaning people are generally not aware, meaning their intent was indeed to "get noticed" and a man with a gun trying to get noticed is something a reasonable person might fear.

As proof of that you can show a tape of six employees scrambling over each other to lock themselves in a freezer (if such was the case).

And let me tell you, if there were a cute blond girl, seen on video scampering away and crying at trial, she would very likely win.

A few youtube videos of people walking around armed and with cameras so they can get stopped and show youtube how cool they are for saying "no thanks" to a cop also won't help that case. A pattern showing many open carry gun owners are actually seeking confrontation with citizens and police.

Oh, and as far as "no guns allowed" signs, I ignore them. I carry when and where I want to carry. The ONLY place I don't carry is at school because of the stupid "gun free victim zone" laws.
    You carry concealed, yes?

And you realize there may be penalties for you disregarding those signs, possible fines, loss or license, prison time, and of course you can be sued in certain situations, which I hope you carry insurance for.

had a cop here in ga showing others about firearms shoot himself, had another cop that was a firearms instructor shoot and kill a student in class. I have seen cops shooting at carpenter bees with 12 gages at a range.
    you tell me
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    had a cop here in ga showing others about firearms shoot himself, had another cop that was a firearms instructor shoot and kill a student in class. I have seen cops shooting at carpenter bees with 12 gages at a range.
    you tell me
    Yep. With about a million officers it's gonna happen occasionally.

Go to youtube and search "gun idiots" or "gun fails"....you could probably spend several straight days watching them all....and that's just what made it to youtube.

The few idiot officers make news, the 1000 morons a day don't

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The same cannot be said of "most" gunowners. Most gunowners got taught by their daddy, who likely gave minimal instruction, the bulk of which went something like this "Don't point that thing at me you moron!, Look at what's behind the target idiot! And squeeze the trigger, don't jerk it"
    I can't iamgine ANY father giving "minimal" instruction to their kids. Especially, when they, most likely, were going to be shooting with them. Why would you give a half-assed safety lesson to your son, or daughter, when it's you who is going to be standing right beside them, or hunting with them?

I have never known of anyone being as stupid as you perceive fathers to be. My dad taught me everything there was to know about how to handle a shotgun when I was about 10 years old. And, if I were to break ANY of those rules, my shotgun was taken away from me and I was given another lesson and had to prove I learned that lesson.

My father wasn't stupid, nor was he neglectful in showing me proper gun-handling safety.
    Last edited by alismith; 05-06-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I can't iamgine ANY father giving "minimal" instruction to their kids. Especially, when they, most likely, were going to be shooting with them. Why would you give a half-assed safety lesson to your son, or daughter, when it's you who is going to be standing right beside them, or hunting with them?

I have never known of anyone being as stupid as you perceive fathers to be. My dad taught me everything there was to know about how to handle a shotgun when I was about 10 years old. And, if I were to break ANY of those rules, my shotgun was taken away from me and I was given another lesson and had to prove I learned that lesson.

Me father wasn't stupid, nor was he neglectful in showing me proper gun-handling safety.
    I'm not saying most dads are stupid, but lets face it, most people get handed a gun told which direction to point it, and to "squeeze the trigger".

To be real honest most aren't lucky enough to have a father read them the 4 basic rules, most these days get handed one by a friend who is holding cell phone ready with the express purpose of being ready to put it on youtube.

I've seen dozens of videos of (especially women) holding rifles straight out in front of them, with the stock 3 inches away from thier shoulder on the logic that they won't feel the "kick" that way, not at all realizing if they held the thing right the recoil would be nicely absorbed by their body.

Most of the time with a boyfriend laughing in the background.

Most learned "gun safety" from TV or movies. I saw a kid last fall show up to the range alone, maybe 19 year old, pull the brand new pistol grip only 12 gauge shotgun out of the box and thumb through the manual on the firing line to figure out how to load it. I managed to stop him before he got the handle shoved into his face. He shot 4 rounds before he agreed that he really should get a "correct" stock for it.

Personally my early education on it sucked. My dad taught me, by reading the rules in the manual, and having it already pointed downrange and loaded at the range. No one taught him, his family didn't shoot. He went four years in the Navy never having shot a gun. It was probably as close to one as he got up to that point though.

I love my dad, and he's a brilliant man otherwise, but he didn't know shit about guns until he bought a hobby farm when I was about 8. He could fish pretty well though, taught me that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast