Thread: I this a decent price for a barrel assembly?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I this a decent price for a barrel assembly?

I had been waiting for the time when I had some extra $ to buy Stag's 3G complete upper (inludes BCG). Just read the sales flier from Stag and say they now offer the barrel and handguard assembly by itself: https://www.stagarms.com/18-5-56-flu...rrel-assembly/.

I've been sitting on a couple blemished stripped uppers from PSA I bought a couple years back, which I plan to Cerakote once I find a good applicator and other $ available, lol. Plus I'm seeing more and more good bcg's on sale lately, including NiBor ones. I have no experience yet buying a barrel on it's own so I thought I'd ask you guys if you thought it was a decent price for what's offered.

Thanks, NakG
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yep I think it is. The barrel of that type typically would be over $220 and the handguard is about $165 retail. Looks like a great pairing. I like that Samson rail handguard system. Put rails where you want them and it is big enough that a suppressor can fit inside it. See my Pistol Build thread.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 05-09-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yep I think it is. The barrel of that type typically would be over $220 and the handguard is about $165 retail. Looks like a great paring. I like that Samson rail handguard system. Put rails where you want them and it is big enough that a suppressor can fit inside it. See my Pistol Build thread.
    Thanks for the affirmation S-man, and will do.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson