Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brazos river SE Young County Texas

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

LAGC, why are you pushing for the rich to get richer and the poor getting poorer (the end result of this carbon tax scheme)? I thought you were for spreading the wealth around to those who don't have any money?

This global warming scheme is just a smoke and mirrors ruse to milk more money from those who are trying to make ends meet, while lining the pockets of those you claim have too much money, already.

If it's a "tax" of any kind, the only ones who will benefit are the government and those wealthy enough to support it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Well, shit then, that takes care of southern California's problem. Now what about Vegas?
    Well...first things first before we get to that particular subject matter.

Furrst theeng yoo nead 2 dew is git yursefl bak intew skoowl an lurn haow 2 reed riet and awl.

Den yoo nead 2 reed tha tingy i linkee bi tha bottom.

around yonder part

United States[edit]

Texas[edit]

There are a dozen different desalination projects in the State of Texas, both for desalinating groundwater and desalinating seawater from the Gulf of Mexico.[134][135]
    ##El Paso: Brackish groundwater has been treated at the El Paso, Texas, plant since around 2004. It produces 27,500,000 US gallons (104,000,000 l; 22,900,000 imp gal) of fresh water daily (about 25% of total freshwater deliveries) by reverse osmosis.[136] The plant’s water cost — largely representing the cost of energy — is about 2.1 times higher than ordinary groundwater production. On average, the plant produces 3.5 million gallons per day (about 11 acre-feet) at an average production cost of $489 per acre-foot.[137]

California[edit]

California has 17 desalination plants in the works, either partially constructed or through exploration and planning phases.[138] The list of locations includes Bay Point, in the Delta, Redwood City, seven in the Santa Cruz / Monterey Bay, Cambria, Oceaneo, Redondo Beach, Huntington Beach, Dana Point, Camp Pendleton, Oceanside and Carlsbad.
    ##Carlsbad: The United States' largest desalination plant is being constructed by Poseidon Resources and is expected to go online 2016.[139] It is expected to produce 50 million gallons a day to 110,000 customers in San Diego County at an estimated cost of $1b.
    ##Concord: Planned to open in 2020, producing 20 million gallons a day.
    ##Monterey County: Sand City, two miles north of Monterey, with a population of 334, is the only city in California completely supplied with water from a desalination plant.
    ##Santa Barbara: The Charles Meyer Desalination Facility[140] was constructed in Santa Barbara, California, in 1991–92 as a temporary emergency water supply in response to severe drought. While it has a high operating cost, the facility only needs to operate infrequently, allowing Santa Barbara to use its other supplies more extensively.

Florida[edit]

Florida has five (5) water management districts. These are (North to South):[141]
    ##Northwest Florida WMD[142]
    ##Suwannee River WMD[143]
    ##Saint Johns WMD[144] Provides map of districts. Serves Jacksonville to Vero Beach.
    ##Southwest Florida WMD[145]
    ##South Florida WMD[146] Serves Orlando.

The St. Johns River Water Management District (SJRWMD) provides a presentation (PDF) of the desalanation process.[147]

As of 2012, South Florida has 33 brackish and two seawater desalination plants operating with seven brackish water plants under construction. The brackish and seawater desalination plants have the capacity to produce 245 million gallons of potable water per day.[148] (yeah you read that right)
    ##Tampa Bay: The Tampa Bay Water desalination project near Tampa, Florida, was originally a private venture led by Poseidon Resources, but it was delayed by the bankruptcy of Poseidon Resources' successive partners in the venture, Stone & Webster, then Covanta (formerly Ogden) and its principal subcontractor, Hydranautics. Stone & Webster declared bankruptcy June 2000. Covanta and Hydranautics joined in 2001, but Covanta failed to complete the construction bonding, and then the Tampa Bay Water agency purchased the project on May 15, 2002, underwriting the project. Tampa Bay Water then contracted with Covanta Tampa Construction, which produced a project that failed performance tests. After its parent went bankrupt, Covanta also filed for bankruptcy prior to performing renovations that would have satisfied contractual agreements. This resulted in nearly six months of litigation. In 2004, Tampa Bay Water hired a renovation team, American Water/Acciona Aqua, to bring the plant to its original, anticipated design. The plant was deemed fully operational in 2007,[38] and is designed to run at a maximum capacity of 25 million US gallons (95,000 m3) per day.[149] The plant can now produce up to 25 million US gallons (95,000 m3) per day when needed.[150]

Arizona[edit]
    ##Yuma: The desalination plant in Yuma, Arizona, was constructed under authority of the Federal Colorado River Basin Salinity Control Act of 1974 to treat saline agricultural return flows from the Wellton-Mohawk Irrigation and Drainage District into the Colorado River. The treated water is intended for inclusion in water deliveries to Mexico, thereby keeping a like amount of freshwater in Lake Mead, Arizona and Nevada. Construction of the plant was completed in 1992, and it has operated on two occasions since then. The plant has been maintained, but largely not operated due to sufficient freshwater supplies from the upper Colorado River.[151] An agreement was reached in April 2010 between the Southern Nevada Water Authority, the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, the Central Arizona Project, and the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation to underwrite the cost of running the plant in a year-long pilot project.[152]
    And that's just ONE country.

With all those plants they can either reduce usage from the Colorado or pump fresh to sin city so they can wash away their nastyness once in a while.
    They'll even be able to use soap to make sure stuff stays there like it's supposed to.

Back to first grade reading class with you now.

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    Well...first things first before we get to that particular subject matter.

Furrst theeng yoo nead 2 dew is git yursefl bak intew skoowl an lurn haow 2 reed riet and awl.

Den yoo nead 2 reed tha tingy i linkee bi tha bottom.

around yonder part

And that's just ONE country.

With all those plants they can either reduce usage from the Colorado or pump fresh to sin city so they can wash away their nastyness once in a while.
    They'll even be able to use soap to make sure stuff stays there like it's supposed to.

Back to first grade reading class with you now.
    That can't be true though. El Laton just told us upthread that Wikipedia is always wrong.

Seriously, that's good news. I'll admit I wasn't aware how much progress has been made on that front. I guess the water situation isn't as dire as I had thought, although desalinization is a very energy-consuming process as I understand. So water bills will probably go up some compared to the "free" water from lakes and rivers.

Sounds like we won't thirst to death after all.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

That can't be true though. El Laton just told us upthread that Wikipedia is always wrong.

Seriously, that's good news. I'll admit I wasn't aware how much progress has been made on that front. I guess the water situation isn't as dire as I had thought, although desalinization is a very energy-consuming process as I understand. So water bills will probably go up some compared to the "free" water from lakes and rivers.

What's this we shit, here in central Mizzou we have more water than we know what to do with. The damned stuff just bubbles up out of the ground and falls from the sky. Hell, I've got a small spring in my back yard.

Personally, one of my prerequisites on a location in which to live, is water. YMMV.
    Returns June 3rd.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    It is always wrong, on any subject politically charged and the focus of attention from people with communist tendencies.

That's an article mostly about the technical nitty gritty of a mechanical and/or chemical process for lowering the salt content of water.
    What's the worst that could be wrong there?
    A troll pissing match about whether to use the left or right drain pipe?

Yup. I told you so.

Now for the next bitch slap of reality that you're unaware of but think you actually know a lot about.
    Anthropogenic climate change as an issue of imminent threat to humanity is a intentionally promoted hoax.

Get crackin.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Here's a recent pic of Lake Mead:

You can see how far the water-level has dropped this year.

(Thank God global warming is a hoax! Would sure hate to think we are doing this to ourselves...)

Water rations are coming...
    I am not piling on, but if you try and use your mind and eyes you will notice there are bands on that hill, like trees, with varying different sizes of bushes.
    you said this year. looks like to me it is over several years.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

Jesus H Christ! Don't bring facts!
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234