Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: “Just Believe”: The Closing Of The American Progressive Mind On Matters Of The Economy And Energy

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

We are seeing it happen right before our eyes. Katrina was just the tip of the iceberg. One big train-wreck in slow-motion...
    Why not Ike? Oh, it hit self sufficient Texans...

You do know hurricane activity is down historically?
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I did say my daughter is a Neuroscientist. She is currently researching diseases of the the brain, primarily Alzheimer's. Her feelings on "climate change" deal with the reality of obvious human polluting, like the toxic stuff dumped in our lakes and rivers by irresponsible corporations who can control it. As for our controlling the weather, she feels just like I do, that this earth is on it's own rhythm, and like I too believe, this current idea of taxing stuff to prevent the normal earth cycle is nothing more than certain people who want full control over our freedoms.

She is actually worse than I am! Oh, and she loves firearms too.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    You paged?

Nah, I'm not going to deny it, politically-speaking, the climate change denial side has been gaining influence lately...

The sheeple seem to be more concerned with maintaining their cheap energy supplies than they are about the long-term ramifications to the environment.

So be it. Things will just have to play out. We'll see what tune everyone sings in the coming years ahead.
    You don't know shit about climate change.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Was thinking about why Katrina has become the mantra for man-made climate change. My feelings is that had Katrina not done a direct hit on New Orleans, and had man not been so smart as to think he could build a city below sea level, and not in the middle of the country but right on a huge gulf, and not only a huge gulf but a known hurricane alley, and had the city been properly protected, Katrina would just have been another named storm that just happened to grow to gargantuan size just before landfall.

I wonder how many "category 5" hurricanes struck the US coast before it became the US coast, before Columbus sailed, before humans walked on this side of the earth?

Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    You don't know shit about climate change.
    My idea of climate change is turning the heat on when it is below freezing outside... LOL.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Was thinking about why Katrina has become the mantra for man-made climate change. My feelings is that had Katrina not done a direct hit on New Orleans, and had man not been so smart as to think he could build a city below sea level, and not in the middle of the country but right on a huge gulf, and not only a huge gulf but a known hurricane alley, and had the city been properly protected, Katrina would just have been another named storm that just happened to grow to gargantuan size just before landfall.

I wonder how many "category 5" hurricanes struck the US coast before it became the US coast, before Columbus sailed, before humans walked on this side of the earth?
    Hey, who beside Democrats would think of building a major city below sea level in a hurricane prone area next to the largest river in North America then filling it with warehoused minority welfare voters? Margarette Sanger would be proud...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Hey, who beside Democrats would think of building a major city below sea level in a hurricane prone area next to the largest river in North America then filling it with warehoused minority welfare voters? Margarette Sanger would be proud...
    Where do the Dutch with all their reclamation from the North Sea fit into this?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Better engineers... They started with a location that wasn't hurricane prone and didn't have one of the world's largest rivers next door...

The levies around the sub-sea level areas of New Orleans should have been filled, not left below sea level. The levee board over the years spent enough to do just that without even repairing the levee system...

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post

Could it be because they aren't run by a bunch of politicians bent on destroying their country?

I think it was the French, yes?

At the time it was a very suitable place for a transportation hub.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I did say my daughter is a Neuroscientist. She is currently researching diseases of the the brain, primarily Alzheimer's.
    Wow! That's cool. See, now that is a pressing problem. We are about to see the first real "dementia generation" in history, and right here in the US. It's going to be a massive actual problem that we know is coming. If something doesn't really change, then in the next 15 years we are going to see a hardship come down on the American citizens and economy the likes of which may make the great depression seem like a speed bump.

On a side note, as someone who's family history has quite a bit of Alzheimer's sufferers, I hope you don't mind if I send her my prayers, best wishes, and sincere thanks for working on such an important project.

They built the French Quarter... it's above sea level. The below sea level part was and continued to be a demwit jobs program...

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Well, you know, and I've said this before in other threads... there is a very simple way we could find out: we could actually, you know, TRY reigning in global greenhouse-gas emissions for 5 or 10 years, and see what actually happens. If indeed the change is negligible, we could always scrap it......
    So I guess the CURRENT data that shows no change in the slope of global temperature change vs carbon emissions means nothing to you.

Why, then, would you believe data from an alternate experiment?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

They built the French Quarter... it's above sea level. The below sea level part was and continued to be a demwit jobs program...
    Pretty sure the French Quarter was where the big dogs lived and played...the rest was for workers or slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    So I guess the CURRENT data that shows no change in the slope of global temperature change vs carbon emissions means nothing to you.

Why, then, would you believe data from an alternate experiment?

I don't want this to come off wrong, it's not personally against you.

But, whose data?

Sorry, but at this point I can't think of a single persons, agency's, foundation's, institution's, etc whose data I would trust.

It's all so tied up in politics, lobbyists, grants, and businesses that I don't trust the data coming out from either side, and there is no one I would truly say is independent.

I'm kinda curious if this is just the CURRENT data, or data that you personally actually trust?

I've basically just given up on this issue. I'm not going to say global warming couldn't be happening (or just starting to happen), but I'm still very skeptical that it is. And with the data that's come out, and many experts, and many politicians in both parties often saying it is happening, I can't conclusively say it's not happening.

I am for "greening up" a bit, at least to what degree it is reasonably economically feasible.

And I think in some ways we've done that rather well, my mom had a grandmother who lived in Pittsburgh some 60 years ago, and she recalled that when she visited her you couldn't touch anything outside without coming away with black stuff on your hands. It's much better now. The air in a lot of our cities is much better.

Nor do I think some magical technology is going to appear just in time, via the free market to solve the issue (if there is one). Technology, especially the leaps, doesn't just pop up because it's time. Most of the time people just use the things they have, and get by with those, until they suddenly notice that somebody invented a different way that is actually better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Pretty sure the French Quarter was where the big dogs lived and played...the rest was for workers or slaves.
    You need to study a little New Orleans history and take a few tours of the place. If you aren't Kosher, the food is great, but I have no doubt there is Kosher also... you just miss a lot of the best traditional cooking.

The French Quarter and what is now Down Town is where the old slave market was. The route of the Zulu Mardi Gras Parade is the route to the old slave market, except they "excape" and take a random run away route somewhere after they start.

The French Quarter is the old Spanish settlement that was once all there was of New Orleans.

You need to study a little New Orleans history
    Apparently so.

I went there one time only, with my dad, shortly after he and my mom separated. He likes to go to the Jazz Fest there every few years or so, and he already had tickets, plane tickets, and hotel payed for, so I took her place. Had a great time, and the food was in fact incredible ...we used a "don't ask, don't tell" policy on Kosher for the weekend...if the sign doesn't say "pork ribs" then can't we all agree that "ribs" are often from a cow, or a lamb? I know the kosher deli has both cow and lamb

Didn't learn crap about the history that weekend (which is really unusual for me when I travel), but had fun, drank way more than I ever do...I vaguely recall a green drink that may have actually been called a "hurricane", and slept through the plane ride home.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Lovely, the troll is trolling, and the usual dumbfucks are lapping it up.

Some of you you are pathetic dipshits. Now, I expect to hear some BS about conversations and such. Whatever, some of you love troll cock in your queer ass.

ELC, Roger, both of you obvious homo's, need to wipe your chins and STFU.
    Returns June 3rd.

Some of the best dishes are shell fish, how do you get around that one!

You can take the bus tour and the river boat tour and hear most of the general history of the place. The Audubon Zoo is worth the walk and the swamp tours can be fun. The Antebellum Home tour is good history also. Fishing out of Venus or Grand Isle is loads of fun. A visit to Avery Island where the Tabasco factory is a nice run also.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Some of the best dishes are shell fish, how do you get around that one!

You can take the bus tour and the river boat tour and hear most of the general history of the place. The Audubon Zoo is worth the walk and the swamp tours can be fun. The Antebellum Home tour is good history also. Fishing out of Venus or Grand Isle is loads of fun. A visit to Avery Island where the Tabasco factory is a nice run also.
    Are you two dating or what? Why do you insist on kissing these fucks ass so much? Seriously?
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Lovely, the troll is trolling, and the usual dumbfucks are lapping it up.

Some of you you are pathetic dipshits. Now, I expect to hear some BS about conversations and such. Whatever, some of you love troll cock in your queer ass.

ELC, Roger, both of you obvious homo's, need to wipe your chins and STFU.
    LOL, I have an entire thread documenting the fact they have no, zero, solution for their global warming non-problem...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast