Thread: The police in Florida took all my great-uncle's guns.

was_peacemaker

The police in Florida took all my great-uncle's guns.

I had called family who were down there to tell them that some of my dad's black powder rifles were in my great uncles possession when he passed. They said the police took all his guns in February evidently he went a little vigilante on someone. So I called the Sheriff's office in his county and they verified that he had done something threatening with a shotgun. Mmmm...didn't hear about this. Anyway I called more family and found out that my uncle suspected found out there was pedophile/child abuser in his neighborhood and decided to wait for him in broad day light with a shotgun. Neighbors called the cops and he was put into a mental ward for a short time. Once he responded positive to the meds he did alright. The Sheriff told me in order to get his guns I need to get a lawyer. I don't know if an old Parker double barrel, and a few black powder weapons are worth it. I am going to contact my attorney this week, and then see what I need to file to get the guns back to the family. THey aren't just mine...they are the family's property.

Its amazing though my great-uncle was always good to us youngins, my dad, aunts, cousins, sisters and me. Teaching us how to fish, shoot, turn wrenches, and telling us WW2 war stories from his Navy days. They said while he was in Florida he was like a grandpa to the kids in the community and looked after some of the folks there.

He always was a John Wayne type of dude, and I guess at the end he had no issues with ambushing a "chester" in broad daylight at 89 years old! Anyway I hope I can figure out a way to get the guns back.

He was buried in his Navy uniform in full military honors last week.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    He always was a John Wayne type of dude, and I guess at the end he had no issues with ambushing a "chester" in broad daylight at 89 years old!
    There seems to be more of that going on lately in the south...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/sc...t-out-in-court

People getting all vigilante and shit.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

Yeah, good point, we all know crime never happens in blue states, everybody is in the military.
    Returns June 3rd.

was_peacemaker

Because you saw one MSM story on it you assume the whole south is vigilante?

......The Sheriff told me in order to get his guns I need to get a lawyer. I don't know if an old Parker double barrel, and a few black powder weapons are worth it. I am going to contact my attorney this week, and then see what I need to file to get the guns back to the family. They aren't just mine...they are the family's property.
    Been in C&R for a few years. I was under the distinct impression that 'true', old blackpowder guns are not legally considered firearms by the ATF. In other words, they aren't guns.

1. Depends on the law IE: state or local

2. If it can accept a fixed cartridge it's a firearm.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    1. Depends on the law IE: state or local

2. If it can accept a fixed cartridge it's a firearm.
    Yep...many places on a local level consider a black powder weapon to be the same as modern firearm.

Yep...many places on a local level consider a black powder weapon to be the same as modern firearm.
    I live in FL. The state has the sole right to legislate guns. No local government can pass any gun laws more restrictive than state laws.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

You're going to use schizophrenic white supremacists who had been raped as children as straw men for all southern people?

What a weak, spineless, shit-stain you must be.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I had called family who were down there to tell them that some of my dad's black powder rifles were in my great uncles possession when he passed. They said the police took all his guns in February evidently he went a little vigilante on someone. So I called the Sheriff's office in his county and they verified that he had done something threatening with a shotgun. Mmmm...didn't hear about this. Anyway I called more family and found out that my uncle suspected found out there was pedophile/child abuser in his neighborhood and decided to wait for him in broad day light with a shotgun. Neighbors called the cops and he was put into a mental ward for a short time. Once he responded positive to the meds he did alright. The Sheriff told me in order to get his guns I need to get a lawyer. I don't know if an old Parker double barrel, and a few black powder weapons are worth it. I am going to contact my attorney this week, and then see what I need to file to get the guns back to the family. THey aren't just mine...they are the family's property.

Its amazing though my great-uncle was always good to us youngins, my dad, aunts, cousins, sisters and me. Teaching us how to fish, shoot, turn wrenches, and telling us WW2 war stories from his Navy days. They said while he was in Florida he was like a grandpa to the kids in the community and looked after some of the folks there.

He always was a John Wayne type of dude, and I guess at the end he had no issues with ambushing a "chester" in broad daylight at 89 years old! Anyway I hope I can figure out a way to get the guns back.

He was buried in his Navy uniform in full military honors last week.
    Cops are some of the biggest thieves of all. Thank the courts for forfeiture laws upheld. A payday for bad cops and good cops all around. Make the owners prove cash or possessions are not ill gotten.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    You're going to use schizophrenic white supremacists who had been raped as children as straw men for all southern people?

What a weak, spineless, shit-stain you must be.
    Thats him.
    Returns June 3rd.