Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul 25-round .308 mags finally available

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Magpul 25-round .308 mags finally available

Just a heads up for those with .308 ARs. Two years after being announced, Magpul's 25-round window .308 mags are finally available. Brownells and Cabella's currently have them in stock. Magcommander.com had them for the best price but are currently sold out.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

I've been eyeballing the new S&W M&P-10, those 25rd mags would be great with that.

So what style mag is it? Will it fit in an armalite AR-10?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

From Brownell's web site.
    http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...prod59788.aspx

The PMAG 25 LR/SR GEN M3 is a lightweight, high reliability 25 round polymer magazine for SR-25/M110 rifles and rifles that utilize magazine specifications compatible with these platforms. The PMAG 25 LR/SR brings GEN M3 improvements to the LR line along with "more of a good thing" in the form of 25 rounds of capacity. Keep track of those rounds with MagLevel Window functionality, for the first time, now available in a 7.62 PMAG.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adog View Post
    I've been eyeballing the new S&W M&P-10, those 25rd mags would be great with that.
    I'm thinking the same thing.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Awesome. Now if they'd just start making any .308 mags in different colors!

00RedZX-6R

So what style mag is it? Will it fit in an armalite AR-10?
    Armalite's AR-10A models will. http://www.armalite.com/Categories8....5-242a8af90f81
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    Awesome. Now if they'd just start making any .308 mags in different colors!

Armalite's AR-10A models will. http://www.armalite.com/Categories8....5-242a8af90f81
    Mine takes the M1A/M14 mags. I have had it awhile. I don't think these will work, and armalite is out of stock. Not that I can shoot .308 much anymore do to cost anyways.

Mags came in. They are slightly longer than a 5.56 30-r Pmag. First pic is .308 25, 20, and 10 round.

Second pic shows various comparisons. 5.56 40, 5.56 30, and the lr/sl .308 mags.

Last edited by skorpion; 05-16-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Nice.
    I like the stippling on the bottom of the mags.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Mags came in. They are slightly longer than a 5.56 30-r Pmag. First pic is .308 25, 20, and 10 round.

Second pic shows various comparisons. 5.56 40, 5.56 30, and the lr/sl .308 mags.

Which company's rifle is that? Nice!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    I'm curious too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adog View Post
    Nice.
    I like the stippling on the bottom of the mags.
    The dots are innies, not outies. Actually joking aside they are to put identifications on the mag in a dot matrix printing style. You can put your initials on the mag or you can put the load designation like M80 or M855. A paint maker or even nail polish could be used to mark them.

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    That is a DPMS LR-308 with a Magpul ACS-L stock, Magpul MIAD grip, and a free-floating handguard. It will be getting a Leupold 1-4x scope eventually.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 00RedZX-6R View Post
    Mine takes the M1A/M14 mags. I have had it awhile. I don't think these will work, and armalite is out of stock. Not that I can shoot .308 much anymore do to cost anyways.
    You are correct: your model won't take the Pmags. I think that's why Armalite decided to make another model that does take the Pmags.....get in on the popularity and and bigger mag compatibility market.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

I've had two AR10's, sold em off because of ammo costs. They just weren't practical from a common gear and ammo cost stand point. But I'll tell you the cool factor is off the charts. I am seriously considering getting another now that the right gear is becoming available and more common. That was a good move on Armalites part producing the A4 version that accepts the P mags, IMO all AR10 magwells should be completely compatible just as AR15's / 16's are. It's just common sense. The only one that made since not to do that was RRA's LAR10 with the then cheep and plentiful FAL mags, but that bubble bursted long ago. Now it's just an odd ball.
    "I will never fail my comrades"

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The only one that made since not to do that was RRA's LAR10 with the then cheep and plentiful FAL mags, but that bubble bursted long ago. Now it's just an odd ball.
    Then again if you have a bout 80 FAL mags like me the LR8 makes a lot of sense for my collection as an addition.

True, but your in the minority. Hence the odd ball comment. I can't see any one in the main stream AR10 market considering one, especially with the mags becoming standardized, the surplus of FAL mags dried up and new production fal mags being just as or more expensive as a P mag.
    "I will never fail my comrades"

FAL mags was a good idea in the ban era but I heard they were never able to make the gun reliable enough to bring it into the practical realm. I always heard the LAR-10 mentioned but never actually knew anyone that owned one.

As for the AR-10. it was another good design during the ban era. I desperately wanted one during that period but now that it's over and the SR-25 pattern won the M110 contract (in addition to the Mk 11) it should be considered the standard pattern (it'd be nice for a universal fit for uppers and lowers too). My biggest beef with the "Armalite AR-10" was that when it finally made the switch to the "AR-10A" pattern they acted like they had invented it but were reverting to a previous design because of popular demand. They were reverting to an older design but it wasn't there's. It was the original Armalite design magazine pattern before the company formerly known as Eagle Arms bought the name and created their own line of rifles and named them AR-10s. The Stoner designed rifles (the original AR-10 and the later SR-25) both used the same magazine pattern.

Glad to see the 25 round 308 Pmags on the market. They look kinda bulky though. I'll probably get a few but the 20s are still very practical.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Just ordered two to try out. Thanks for the heads up.

Sold my LR-308 last year, but I'm assembling a new one on a Palmetto State Armory receiver. Going to SBR it. Should turn out nicer than the DPMS was.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Damn....I was hoping for the FAL, or hell the SCAR17 (as long as FN has fixed it's optic destroying faults)...
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast