Thread: Got to handle one of the Yugo M92 pistols today.

was_peacemaker

Got to handle one of the Yugo M92 pistols today.

I was at a local shop and they had one of the Yugo M92 AK variant pistols. Got to give it a good look over and, wow that thing is balanced and built fairly nice. They want $480 for it. Is that a good price for one NIB? Anyone own one or shot one? What can you tell me about them.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Don't have one but I want one. All of the Serbian AKs are nice.

Seems like you can find them online for $399, or $500 or so if you get it with the "arm brace".

Also consider the N-pap, N-pap underfolder, or the pap-m77 (.308).
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

J&G had them for $399

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Fair price for a retail markup from dealer cost. The shop owner has to make money to keep the doors open.

Since there's no real milsurp corrosive ammo out there in 7.62x39 anymore it's not too big of a deal, but I have a psychological barrier against AKs without chrome lined barrels.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin View Post
    Since there's no real milsurp corrosive ammo out there in 7.62x39 anymore it's not too big of a deal, but I have a psychological barrier against AKs without chrome lined barrels.
    I hear you and agree. The odd thing is Yugoslav AK weapons have never had chrome line barrels even with the Yugo military ammo that is corrosive primed.

The ironic thing is that the last milsurp 7.62x39 ammo we had was the brass cased corrosive primed Yugo ammo; but that was around a decade ago. I'm guessing Yugoslavia made the calculation that the corrosive effects weren't significant enough to affect the rifles during the military life span of each rifle which they viewed as inexpensive and expendable. This is a reasonable assessment given how long a good non-chrome lined barrel can last.

But as a civilian without my own rifle factory to back me up; I still want a chrome lined barrel. Call it insurance.