Thread: Polytech national match at local auction, and other abominations

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

Polytech national match at local auction, and other abominations

So an auction this saturday has a poly-tech

Poly Tech-KFS Industries mod. AK-47/S “National Match” ser.# NM47-03111. Highly desirable import marked Chinese made long barreled semi-automatic rifle with a milled receiver. Chambered in 7.62X39mm. Detachable magazine. 20 ½” barrel. Adjustable military style sights. Blued metal. Smooth wood hand guard, forearm, and straight stock. Checkered pistol grip. Metal butt plate with cleaning tools housed in the trap. Rifle is new, unfired, in the original box with owner’s manual, spare magazine, flash hider, web strap, etc. No longer imported and becoming increasingly hard to find!

Now I'm not under any delusions of buying this (I'm guessing it will be 2 grand plus) but thought y'all might enjoy it

I am however eyeing a couple "treasures"

R 79. Mossberg mod. 200K ser.# n/a. Weird 12 ga. pump shotgun that looks like a bolt action with a checkered black plastic pump grip. Detachable magazine. 25” barrel with an adjustable choke device. 2 ¾” chamber. Excellent bright bore. Very good action. Blued metal shows edge wear and scattered rust. Fair scratched, cracked, worn, dinged smooth walnut Monte Carlo stock with a hardened factory recoil pad. (C&R)

R 126. Italian mod. 38?? ser.# n/a. Full custom bolt action military rifle or carbine. Has a new 22 ½” medium sporter weight barrel chambered in .35 Rem. and installed by the Richland Gun shop. Remington sights. Like new bore. Excellent action. Clean metal has 99+% of a professional re-blue. Excellent oil finished smooth walnut Monte Carlo, capped pistol grip, stock with a cheek piece.

And the crown jewel of the sale

R 211. Clerke Technicorp “1st” ser.# 092210. Rather crude 1970s U.S. made 5 shot double action revolver chambered in .32 S&W. 2” barrel. Fixed sights. Cylinder swings out after the center pin, which is also the ejector, is removed. Excellent bore and action. Chromed metal. Checkered black plastic grips.

Some of the crap that ends up here cracks me up

Look at that glorious abomination.

I like #79 though.

I snagged a 95% Winchester 74 last month on the cheap.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Wish that auction was a little closer!

Would be that Legend NM to go for well over $2000.

Yep, some nice abominations there!!!!!!

An unfired poly NMR in box would look good in my collection. My lord I would love to have that one
    What's up my nigga's

And to think 20 years ago you could find the rifle for about 3to400 bucks..... Don't it make ya sick!!!
    What's up my nigga's

I used to have a MAK-91 - thing was one of most accurate 7.63x39 guns I have owned.

Just got back from the auction, I picked up the funky mossberg pump (the stock of which is cracked completely though at the wrist now, it wasn't when I looked at it last night) got the .35 rem carcano and these three

R 113A. First of a lot of 3. Japanese “Type 99 Arisaka” ser.# 46226. Originally 7.7mm bolt action military rifle completely sporterized for hunting. Stamped .308 and probably re-chambered. Must be checked by a gunsmith to determine if it is shoot-able. 22” barrel has replacement sights and a Herter’s muzzle brake. Receiver “mum” intact. Hinged floor plate. Slimmed trigger guard. Bolt handle turned down. Very good bore. Excellent action. Worn dark gray metal finish is a combination of arsenal and cold blue. Plain walnut Monte Carlo cheek piece stock was embellished with oak leaf carving.

R 113B. Second of the lot. Japanese “Type 99 Arisaka” ser.# 51030. 7.7mm bolt action military rifle. The receiver “mum” is intact but the complete bolt, dust cover, and cleaning rod are missing. 26” barrel has a very good bright bore. Metal has a lot of arsenal blue and not a lot of rust. Original stock was stripped and shortened at the fore-end but has the correct butt plate. (C&R)

R 113C. Third of the lot. Hungarian?? mod. 43?? ser.# 4Z8427. Stripped barrel receiver for an 8X57mm?? bolt action military rifle. Very unusual receiver crest. Very poor overall.

So if anyone wants an arisaka that needs a bolt or whatever the fuck the barreled action is I'll let them go for a bargain...

I didn't bother to stay for the clerke, as impossible as it sounds I found a gun built so poorly I don't even want it.

The polytech went for $2050 BTW, opening bid started at a grand

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Must have been a hairline crack in it that broke when folks started toting it around by the grip.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Must have been a hairline crack in it that broke when folks started toting it around by the grip.
    yeah, it wasn't in the best of shape last night, and in the mean time a few dozen gorilla fingered goons finger fucked it.