Thread: Why can't I find a used 10/22?

Why can't I find a used 10/22?

I've had as many as 5-6 of these at one time, but now all I've got is one, and it's tricked out with a Fagen stock, Clark barrel bla, bla, bla ...

My 11 year old grandson is coming to town this weekend, in the past we've only shot bb & pellet guns ... but this year we'er moving up to the venerable 22LR. He probably wouldn't drop it, but he is a bit awkward.

My first real gun was a 10/22 so that's what I'd like to start him with and I know I can pick up a new one for a couple hundred, but I was thinking we could not only shoot it, but trick it out to his liking ... I'd at least like to put a threaded barrel on it so we can shoot it suppressed. I've been to or called every gun & pawn shop for 50 miles, asked all my friends, and no one has a used 10/22 they'll sell.

When he leaves, or more likely I break down and buy a new one, at least 2-3 used ones will show up

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Ruger 10-22 rifles have been in high demand since all the gun control BS started back up last year.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

in the middle east they heard you could shoot down helicopters with them. that is a gunsnet joke iffin you don't know.
    I really wouldn't know. I guess you tried the pawn shops and such, but call again today. good luck.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Probably because they're so cheap to begin with there's not much motive to sell one or buy one used.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I got a SS model with a laminated stock for $200 at a gun show last year... came with a scope & sling.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...