Thread: Shot my Mini-14 Today

Shot my Mini-14 Today

I had a lot of old 5.56 ammo that I wanted to burn up today as it was starting to rust from a few years of garage storage. I hadn't shot my Mini-14 in years but I figured it could digest the rusting ammo better than an AR. Yep, fired a lot of rounds very rapidly shooting 2 MOA to 2.5 MOA 5 round groups with no jams. IMHO this is excellent accuracy from a hot lightweight barrel that Internet "operators" constantly disparage. What can I say but I love my Mini-14. BTW, this was the first time I had tried the TAPCO plastic mags. They work great.

I wish it wasn't raining here.. I'm off of work today and I have my AR with me and my glock. Want to shoot so bad I can't stand it.
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I had a lot of old 5.56 ammo that I wanted to burn up today as it was starting to rust from a few years of garage storage. I hadn't shot my Mini-14 in years but I figured it could digest the rusting ammo better than an AR. Yep, fired a lot of rounds very rapidly shooting 2 MOA to 2.5 MOA 5 round groups with no jams. IMHO this is excellent accuracy from a hot lightweight barrel that Internet "operators" constantly disparage. What can I say but I love my Mini-14. BTW, this was the first time I had tried the TAPCO plastic mags. They work great.
    I've never actually fired one but I totally agree with the "internet operators" sentiment. Usually, those comments come the guy that promptly posts a picture of his shiny, well lubed $2500 AR that obviously spends more time in the safe than on the range. I think those people just try to justify their purchases by putting down everyone else's rifles.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

jet, I have some mags that I've offered to another member - waiting to hear back from him. If he doesn't want them, let me know if you're interested. 5, 30 rounders, 2, 20 rounders - all Ruger factory steel.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    jet, I have some mags that I've offered to another member - waiting to hear back from him. If he doesn't want them, let me know if you're interested. 5, 30 rounders, 2, 20 rounders - all Ruger factory steel.
    If those deals fall through. I might be interested as well. I have two mini 14's and I really enjoy shooting them.

OSOK - If you don't sell them PM me the price. I have a lot of mags but would be interested in picking a few 20 rounders if the price was good.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Guys, I just posted them in the classifieds. El Duce - I remember you saying you wanted these way back - so you get first dibbs. Just PM me.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Guys, I just posted them in the classifieds. El Duce - I remember you saying you wanted these way back - so you get first dibbs. Just PM me.
    Sometimes my old age gets away from me!! I'll check the classifieds. Have to run my son to baseball practice.

PM sent. (I would say SPF.)