Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New PIstol

it's actually pretty damn close to a glock.

all they really did , like anyone else was change some dimensions.

Theres a few decent vids on yutetube on how the trigger work is done.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

OK thanks. I'll do a search over there...
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Looks like a nice little gat. Kahr is known for making top-notch pistols.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    What is on your short list? I have long favored the Speer Gold Dot line. There is something for every caliber I own and it is a proven effective SD load. I also like some of the Buffalo Bore stuff for my wheel guns, but I have gone back to the GD short barrel loads in my snubbies.
    The first caliber I need to update is 9mm, for an XD-9

Ammo brands that I have been looking at include Federal HST, Remington Golden Sabre Bonded, Hornady Critical defense, Speer Gold Dot, and Winchester T-series or PDX-1.

My primary concern is 124 +p versus 147 gr. I would order some 124 +p in any of these loads, expect I'm concerned about premature wear and increased recoil and blast. I have heard that these are good reason to stick with 147, but I also hear a lot of guys swear by the 124 +p loading. I also have a vintage Hi-Power and collectible CZ-75b, although these don't normally get used for defense. However it would nice if I did have good ammo for them to use as well. The Hi-power especially could see a lot of increased wear with +p ammo.

Also, I'll be replacing my 9x18 carry pistol with a 9mm carry pistol sometime this year and would like to use the same ammo in it as well.

For my other calibers, I'm thinking:

.45 acp = any bonded JHP in 230 gr
    9x18 = Hornady FTX or XTP 95 gr
    .223/5.55 = Hornady 62 gr JSP ("barrier penetrating")
    7.62x39 = Hornady SST
    12 gauge = Federal Flight Control 8-pellet
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    The first caliber I need to update is 9mm, for an XD-9

Ammo brands that I have been looking at include Federal HST, Remington Golden Sabre Bonded, Hornady Critical defense, Speer Gold Dot, and Winchester T-series or PDX-1.

My primary concern is 124 +p versus 147 gr. I would order some 124 +p in any of these loads, expect I'm concerned about premature wear and increased recoil and blast. I have heard that these are good reason to stick with 147, but I also hear a lot of guys swear by the 124 +p loading. I also have a vintage Hi-Power and collectible CZ-75b, although these don't normally get used for defense. However it would nice if I did have good ammo for them to use as well. The Hi-power especially could see a lot of increased wear with +p ammo.

Also, I'll be replacing my 9x18 carry pistol with a 9mm carry pistol sometime this year and would like to use the same ammo in it as well.

For my other calibers, I'm thinking:

.45 acp = any bonded JHP in 230 gr
    9x18 = Hornady FTX or XTP 95 gr
    .223/5.55 = Hornady 62 gr JSP ("barrier penetrating")
    7.62x39 = Hornady SST
    12 gauge = Federal Flight Control 8-pellet
    I see. My rule of thumb is to use regular pressure ball ammo for range practice/training and the hotter +P stuff for carry. I always run a few of the SD loads at the range just to confirm function, point of impact, and familiarize myself with the feel of it, etc.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I see. My rule of thumb is to use regular pressure ball ammo for range practice/training and the hotter +P stuff for carry. I always run a few of the SD loads at the range just to confirm function, point of impact, and familiarize myself with the feel of it, etc.
    I'm probably just worrying too much about the additional wear caused by +p ammo. Maybe I'll go for some 124 +p after all.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

The practice with non +P ammo for target practice and then load them for CCW is how I roll as well. Maybe 1 mag of the +P to get the feel. I don't find it to be that much different personally.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I am content with regular old Winchester 115 grain jph personal protection stuff. It matches the ballistics of the 115 fmj practice ammo.

I'm all about center of mass hits. That and sure function. That jhp mimics the nose profile of the fmj. Probably not nearly as reliable in expanding as the premium loads but I'm ok with that.

Look at Treyvon Martin - he bought it with one pop from a Keltec PF9 which has a short barrel and standard pressure 115gr fmj's. The round happend to go through his heart... a .22LR would've killed him just as dead most likely with the same shot placement. Fight over.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I am content with regular old Winchester 115 grain jph personal protection stuff. It matches the ballistics of the 115 fmj practice ammo.

I'm all about center of mass hits. That and sure function. That jhp mimics the nose profile of the fmj. Probably not nearly as reliable in expanding as the premium loads but I'm ok with that.

Look at Treyvon Martin - he bought it with one pop from a Keltec PF9 which has a short barrel and standard pressure 115gr fmj's. The round happend to go through his heart... a .22LR would've killed him just as dead most likely with the same shot placement. Fight over.
    I carried standard 115 jhps for years too. I decided to switch after I started to pay attention to gel tests and doctors' reports. 115 non-bonded JHPs suffer from unreliable expansion which leads to them zipping through like a FMJ, or they'll expand so fast they won't make it past 12 inches of gel. Thats why I'm looking at more modern choices now.

i carry critical duty and defense in my carry guns.

hand cycle test then a few shots to get the feel... no way Im burning up $1.20 a shot

I'm going to do some measuring and see if I cant lighten up my slide some more.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    i carry critical duty and defense in my carry guns.

hand cycle test then a few shots to get the feel... no way Im burning up $1.20 a shot
    Wow, here it is for $0.56 per round. Available in +p and standard. Cheaper if you buy a case.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/hornad...int-ammo-90225

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12