Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PIstol

New PIstol

An opportunity came along and I tried to talk myself out of it. After running about 150 rounds of Remington 124 and WWB 115 fmjs and a few Speer 124+P Gold Dots, I bought it. Carries really comfortably and a nice shooter. There are definite similarities to Glock but also some significant differences. The trigger is slightly mushy but it does break crisp after a somewhat long take up. Once I got the feel of it I was able to stage the trigger and made consistent 10 ring hits from 5-10 yards.
    Kahr CW9
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Nice!
    I came real close to buying one of those, they seem to be put together very well.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nice choice of pistols. My constant companion is a Kahr PM9 and could not be happier with such a tiny, highly accurate, very reliable, very light weight carry piece.

Your trigger should smooth out with use.

Quote Originally Posted by Adog View Post
    Nice!
    I came real close to buying one of those, they seem to be put together very well.
    The machining seems to be pretty high quality. The slide/frame rail arrangement is a bit different. At first it looks like polymer rails, but they are just there as a re-assembly guide. The metal rails are located on the rear of the frame in the traditional location and in this photo you can see the cuts in the slide on either side of the guide rod where the slide rides on metal rails in the frame. I have never seen this done quite like this before and its pretty cool.

And no, that wasn't pointed at my face...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Congrats! I think Kahr's are the most under-rated carry guns going. I have an old-school, steel, electroless nickel K-9 that is an awesome gun. It's on my hip right now in fact.

Mine is super accurate given the short barrel and sight radius. The trigger is different, but once you get used to it, it allows for very accurate shot placement. Comfort level is high - very easy on the hand. Mine is 8+1. Yours looks to be the same. That's plenty IMHO for self defense. I'm a believer in only shooting when you have the target in sight... no fire for effect with me... Guess I couldn't be a NY cop

I have mine in a Cross Breed super mini tuk. Alien Wear is making very similar all-polymer holsters that I'd probably go for if I were getting one today. Mine's got horse-hide for the backer with a kydex holster. I like it - conceals the pistol very well, retention is excellent, very comfortable and it's adjustable for cant. I have mine in a typical FBI cant position.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 06-09-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Nice choice of pistols. My constant companion is a Kahr PM9 and could not be happier with such a tiny, highly accurate, very reliable, very light weight carry piece.

Your trigger should smooth out with use.
    I have heard from a number of owners of this line of pistols how much they like them. I had resisted because I had a hang up with the Moonie connection. I don't know if its real or perceived but I didn't want to support a religious cult. I justified this by convincing myself that the gun is used and my money did not go directly to the Moon family. Plus I just like the damn thing! LOL. Even though it is the low end of the brand it seems well made and is so far reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Congrats! I think Kahr's are the most under-rated carry guns going. I have an old-school, steel, electroless nickel K-9 that is an awesome gun. It's on my hip right now in fact.

Mine is super accurate given the short barrel and sight radius. The trigger is different, but once you get used to it, it allows for very accurate shot placement. I don't know what the capacity of yours is but mine is 8+1. That's plenty IMHO for self defense. I'm a believer in only shooting when you have the target in sight... no fire for effect with me... Guess I couldn't be a NY cop
    Thanks OSOK and mine is 7+1. Still enough considering I have been running a 5 shot snub. And yes...no spray and pray here either. LOL.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Oops, I mispoke - mine is 7+1 too - I just pulled it out and checked lol.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Oops, I mispoke - mine is 7+1 too - I just pulled it out and checked lol.
    Ah thats ok, NYPD probably don't count their shots either...LOL. But the grip is just the perfect length for my big mits. I'm not a fan of the dangling pinky.

I have an older Kahr P9. I really like it. I have a Uncle Mike's in the pants holster for it, and no one knows that it is there!

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    The machining seems to be pretty high quality. The slide/frame rail arrangement is a bit different. At first it looks like polymer rails, but they are just there as a re-assembly guide. The metal rails are located on the rear of the frame in the traditional location and in this photo you can see the cuts in the slide on either side of the guide rod where the slide rides on metal rails in the frame. I have never seen this done quite like this before and its pretty cool.

hope it wasn't taken from the ass. good pic. I have wanted one of their .380's for years. Christmas is comin up.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I hope not because it could be the lighting but it looks like there is one in the pipe.

Looks like a speer gold dot, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    LMAO!
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    124+P...You win.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

124+P...You win.
    Why do you prefer 124 +p over 147?

Just wondering about your perspective on defensive ammo.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Why do you prefer 124 +p over 147?

Just wondering about your perspective on defensive ammo.
    I've carried both at one time or another. Nothing based on ballistic science other than I believe 124+P is the best combination of velocity and weight (in 9mm) to defeat certain barriers and clothing and retain adequate energy to be effective.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I've carried both at one time or another. Nothing based on ballistic science other than I believe 124+P is the best combination of velocity and weight (in 9mm) to defeat certain barriers and clothing and retain adequate energy to be effective.
    Thanks for your response.

I'm going to replace all of my defensive ammo one gun at a time as I can, and have been debating between the two loads as not all of my 9mm pistols are really built for +P.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

nice.
    i have the CW40 .

After polishing the guts and lessening the trigger weight it's a good piece now.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Thanks for your response.

I'm going to replace all of my defensive ammo one gun at a time as I can, and have been debating between the two loads as not all of my 9mm pistols are really built for +P.
    What is on your short list? I have long favored the Speer Gold Dot line. There is something for every caliber I own and it is a proven effective SD load. I also like some of the Buffalo Bore stuff for my wheel guns, but I have gone back to the GD short barrel loads in my snubbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    nice.
    i have the CW40 .

After polishing the guts and lessening the trigger weight it's a good piece now.
    I'd be interested in details. I fully stripped the slide and cleaned the striker channel and extractor spring channel. I haven't tackled the frame yet. Looks a bit more involved than a Glock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast