Thread: Congrats, Virginia! You Just Replaced Eric Cantor With an Even More Moderate Majority Leader

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Who's saying identical? How about even similar though.
    Funny, in your last post you were arguing it should be to meet Santaya's dictum.

Hitler wasn't even elected, Obama won twice.
    Disingenuous.

He was never actually elected, but he did take power legally under the laws of the then-Weimar Republic. When Hindenburg died on August 2, 1934, Hitler's cabinet passed a law transferring the power of the presidency to Hitler as both Chancellor and Führer (Leader). In mid-August a plebiscite was held, and 85% of the people voted to sustain Hitler as supreme leader of the state, people and military. Hitler could no longer be legally challenged. But he hadn't been elected per se: he'd been appointed Chancellor, then usurped the power of the presidency, and was approved in place by that 85% vote, but the fact remains (and the German voters living at the time must bear the responsibility) 85% voted to follow Hitler to their eventual Götterdamerung.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_was_H...ted_in_Germany

Close enough for government work...

Right, because the conservatives never vilify liberals. Sure thing.

Frankly he's been a whole lot more willing to work with them, then they have with him.
    Not in the fashion of scapegoating them as has been done under both Clinton and now Obama. Where's the GW version of Ruby Ridge, Waco, Cliven Bundy?

And "Do it my way or you're obstructionists and I'll use my magic pen to circumvent you" is not working with someone. It is subverting the law.

Which of these have been shut down?
    Different times, different measures. The waters have been tested however.

Oh no, law enforcement doing it's job! The IRS targets everyone. That's it's job. It's shitty, but it's the nature of the IRS. Fine they "picked on" some conservative groups, as long as those groups weren't breaking the law then no harm done. Because the IRS can do that randomly anyway. At worst this is a case of "profiling".
    At worst it's completely illegal and the orders came from the black hut. And never before has the IRS gone after the party out of power in this way...but of course for a gov't. stooge trying to sway opinion, this is just fine for you, since it harms anything and anyone that may stop you from attaining complete power.

Operation Choke point focuses on fraud, scams, etc. Yep some gun dealers, coin dealers, and prostitutes have been caught up in this also. Mostly because the banks they went through were shady as fuck.

Most gun shops are doing fine business these days.
    Must be why the house needed to add an amendment to HR4660 to put a stop to it...

By ordinary citizens, not Obama, not the government. It's the same thing as when people on here rant about wanting to get rid of all democrats. It's hyperbole. I don't like it from either party, but some members of both do it.
    Valerie Jarret – “After We Win This Election, It’s Our Turn. Payback Time.”
    This goes to the highest levels...the queen behind the puppet.

Modern "militias" have long been watched.

Many have stockpiled guns and talk openly about wanting to overthrow the government by force...so yeah, that's kind of a real concern. And given what some have done (McVeigh), this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Our government has been a bit overzealous in trying to "bust" some of these groups, I won't deny that.
    Funny, they weren't target number one for 8 years, islamofacists were. Now islamofacsists are our bestest of friends, and targets are in use by the alphabet agencies of grannies and women holding children. Must be due to those evil militias, because the terrorist networks have been dismantled and are on the run, right? Oops...who's this ISIS I keep hearing about? Boko Haram? Benghazi, with Libya being used to funnel weapons to islamofacists in Syria? Yeah...it's all about those evil militia's in America who just want freedom from gov't oppression...that's the ticket.

And isn't it interesting how the won's regime now pretty much classifies terrorists as "freedom fighters", yet somehow militias are terrorists...

Or a rational person who sees it's not happening.
    A rational person sees the signs and puts the pieces together. A fool tries to rationalize them into "not happening". A gov't. stooge does his best to convince others it's "not happening".

You seem to think because I'm a Jew I should be overly aware or sensitive of it's very beginnings of happening.
    If you really are a Jew, you are just as myopic and blind as your brethren from the 1930's. Personally, I think you're something else.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-16-2014 at 01:05 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!