Thread: Remember Saddam's WMDs That Didn't Exist?

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Exclamation Remember Saddam's WMDs That Didn't Exist?

Looks like ISIS just seized two bunkers-full.:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...o-go-live.html

Latest

16.52 The remaining chemical weapons from Saddam Hussein's regime are stored in two sealed bunkers, both located at the Al Muthanna Chemicals Weapons Complex, a large site in the western desert some 80km north west of Baghdad.

This was the principal manufacturing plant for both chemical agents and munitions during Saddam Hussein’s rule.

Thousands of tonnes of chemical weapons were produced, stored and deployed by the Saddam Hussein regime. Iraq used these weapons during the Iran - Iraq War (1980 to 1988) and against the Kurds in Halabja in 1988.
    I hope they have a workplace accident.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

yep... a drone assisted accident.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Nice, terrorists can get HMMWV's but we can't.

A couple things.
    One is I heard Saddams wmds were shipped to Iran, along with planes and a mess of stuff.
    Two is these guys wil use the chems and say the Iraqi gov did it. Just like they did in Syria.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

I always thought we didn't dig up the right dune!
    Dan

Contributor 05/2012

GOT to be a way we can blame this on Dubya...........?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Saw a report, we trained a lot of these ISIS guys in Jordan for the Syrian conflict.......This stuff never backfires does it? Obama is an idiot or shall I say an intentional Muzzie .

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Saw a report, we trained a lot of these ISIS guys in Jordan for the Syrian conflict.......This stuff never backfires does it? Obama is an idiot or shall I say an intentional Muzzie .
    The more I hear about what is going on with respect to our involvement in Iraq and elsewhere, what is happening is planned in advance and desired by those in dc.

There's no backfire as far as dc is concerned, things are going as planned.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Ok guys, a few things here

1. This was not a WMD plant that we never found. This was a well known place, the UN was there after Gulf war I, using it as a chemical destruction facility.

Basically the UN was gathering up mustard and VX from stockpiles around Iraq and sending them there for destruction.

We had hit it in Gulf war I and again in Gulf war II.

2. The 2 bunkers in question are well known as well. They were sealed up by the UN because they were simply too dangerous to deal with during continuing chemical destruction operations. They were partly hit in gulf war I, so they needed to be stabilized and sealed against any sort of leakage. The plan was to destroy them at the end and then dismantle the complex.

3. There is no way that this stuff has already been shipped anywhere. We are talking about huge containers that can't really be safely moved. To move this stuff without the proper equipment would be a death sentence. These guys would be lucky to move them 50 feet before being overwhelmed.

4. All on site equipment to deploy these chemicals as weapons has been destroyed. While they could cause a localized catastrophe by simply blowing it up, most of the chemicals are already too degraded to be really effective.

5. Iran wouldn't want the shit. It's way to easy for them to make it themselves, why move tons of half degraded unstable stuff in likely leaking containers when you can pretty safely make the stuff in large quantities locally?

Basically ISIS managed to get itself a giant pain in the ass problem. Yeah, it's got propaganda potential as a scare factor, but it's too much of a pain in the ass mess to really be useful.

I had a classmate in college who did a lengthy paper on this site and others like it in the late 1990's, which I gave him some research assistance on. I did a bit of follow up research on my own (curiosity) after we went back into Iraq just to see what had happened...was probably around 2004 or 05. The CIA had most of the info online, which I guess it probably still does...

Yep, here you go...
    https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/...ap5_annxB.html

It's longish looking, but might be worth a skim, my guess is we are going to hear a lot about this place in the next several days...I'll have to give it a skim later to see how well my memory did

Now wouldnt that be karma if the Isis guys get poisoned trying to open those bunkers. Such an event could make bopal look like a picnic.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    I always thought we didn't dig up the right dune!
    Dan
    The officially released White House statement to this is: "Ooops."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The officially released White House statement to this is: "Ooops."
    I bet the magic negro had no idea those bunkers were there until he heard it on TV...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    A couple things.
    One is I heard Saddams wmds were shipped to Iran, along with planes and a mess of stuff.
    Two is these guys wil use the chems and say the Iraqi gov did it. Just like they did in Syria.
    During the lead up to the war, Israeli intelligence was screaming to DC that they observed convoys of trucks leaving Iraq and going into Syria. They thought that a lot of the WMD program (the equipment to make them, not the WMDs themselves) were on those trucks, but at the time, Germany and France had LIBERAL governments and both of them kept on delaying us from going in, thus giving the enemy time to move the incriminating evidence OUT of the Country. I for one, remember what I was reading and hearing during those years. Liberals have a TERRIBLE memory, either that or a selective one.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I bet the magic negro had no idea those bunkers were there until he heard it on TV...
    Unless the news was only on FOX, if so, he still is unaware of their existance!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

So Iraq is much better off today than before the US deposed him?

I would like to hear from some of our Iraq vets on this board if they consider this to be the case.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

There were also tons of yellow cake uranium marked as Iraqi property found in the WMD stash Muammar Gaddafi turned over when he decided he didn't want to go down like Saddam. The CIA had no idea he had as huge a stockpile as was turned over.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    So Iraq is much better off today than before the US deposed him?

I would like to hear from some of our Iraq vets on this board if they consider this to be the case.
    You mean RIGHT NOW? or last year? All the guys I know in Iraq tell me that the locals DO like Americans, the locals ARE grateful that we deposed a mass murderer. You know. The folks that our Media never interviews....... like critics of Obama .... they magically don't exist when the cameras are rolling.

With the 0bamaregims love of illegal immigrants and jihad jundis, one might expect these wmds to show up in the US courtesy of isis.

"A U.S. official said this week that its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, said "I'll see you guys in New York" when released in 2009."