Thread: Obama to Send Green Berets

Obama to Send Green Berets

WASHINGTON (AP) — Inching back into a fight he tried to leave behind, President Barack Obama announced Thursday he was dispatching 300 U.S. military advisers to Iraq to help quell the rising insurgency in the crumbling nation. He also challenged Iraq's embattled leader to create a more inclusive government or risk his country descending into sectarian civil war.

"The test is before him and other Iraqi leaders as we speak," Obama said of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, whose political fate appeared increasingly in play as his rivals launched a secretive effort to replace him.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/us-we...ader-step-down

Gee, I wonder what other insurgency war started out this way, with sf being sent in country as "advisors"?

Also, note that the same dudes 0bamaregim selected, funded, trained, and armed to defeat Assad in Syria are now attacking the Iraqi gov. So, isis in Syria gets funding and training and weapons.... and then our guys have to fight these same turds in Iraq.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yes but to keep his promise to we the people that he would not send "boots on the ground" the Green Berets well either have to wear sneakers or sandals, or if in proper uniform will have to keep their boots from touching the ground.

Regardless I am hoping they are fully and properly equipped with the ability to decide for themselves whether to open fire or not rather than having to phone home for approval by a some guy on a golf course.

Gee, I remember growing up a certain other democrat president sending advisors to another country that wound up ruining too many American lives in a futile attempt to protect people that weren't willing to protect themselves. Hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Sounds very redundant. "advisers" were on the ground in Nam 50+ years ago....lost a bunch of good friends!
    Dan

300......where have I heard that before
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Inching back into a fight he tried to leave behind, President Barack Obama announced Thursday he was dispatching 300 U.S. military advisers to Iraq to help quell the rising insurgency in the crumbling nation. He also challenged Iraq's embattled leader to create a more inclusive government or risk his country descending into sectarian civil war.

"The test is before him and other Iraqi leaders as we speak," Obama said of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, whose political fate appeared increasingly in play as his rivals launched a secretive effort to replace him.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/us-we...ader-step-down

Gee, I wonder what other insurgency war started out this way, with sf being sent in country as "advisors"?

Also, note that the same dudes 0bamaregim selected, funded, trained, and armed to defeat Assad in Syria are now attacking the Iraqi gov. So, isis in Syria gets funding and training and weapons.... and then our guys have to fight these same turds in Iraq.
    By more inclusive gov't the illegitimate POS means you must bring Terrorist brothers into the fold.