View Poll Results: Do you have one in the chamber when you carry a pistol with no manual safety?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chambered

34 85.00%
  • Not Chambered

6 15.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber poll

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Not based on what I know, can find, on SK's video or his comments above. All are decocker. The Taurus comes with a frame mounted safety
    For a min I was like that MF'er drill Sargent lied! And made me give the wrong info out on how the USMC trained us. Lol
    What's up my nigga's

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Condition Four: Chamber empty, empty magazine, hammer down.
    Condition Three: Chamber empty, full magazine in place, hammer down.
    Condition Two: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down.
    Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.
    Condition Zero: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.

How come there's different conditions for when the safety is on or off with the hammer cocked but not for when it isn't?

Now I know it's not relevant for a 1911 or other single-actions but what about double action pistols with a manual safety?

Shouldn't there be different conditions for when a DA has the manual safety off or on?
    Last edited by weevil; 06-22-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

USMC MEU (SOC) uses the M1911 platform. Must be a little confusion at first regarding condition one between the M9 and their M45A1
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Condition Four: Chamber empty, empty magazine, hammer down.
    Condition Three: Chamber empty, full magazine in place, hammer down.
    Condition Two: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down.
    Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.
    Condition Zero: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.

How come there's different conditions for when the safety is on or off but not for when it's not?

Now I know it's not relevant for a 1911 or other single-actions but what about double action pistols with a manual safety?

Shouldn't there be different conditions for when a DA has the manual safety off or on?
    It doesn't look like I'm going to win this argument. But again condition zero on a glock. Is full clip. One in the pipe. And no safety because the glock is a striker fired weapon.
    What's up my nigga's

USMC MEU (SOC) uses the M1911 platform. Must be a little confusion at first regarding condition one between the M9 and their M45A1
    Maybe so. I tell ya what the m9 is a fine service weapon but I sure wish we had the m45 a1 when I was inlisted..
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkilla01 View Post
    It doesn't look like I'm going to win this argument. But again condition zero on a glock. Is full clip. One in the pipe. And no safety because the glock is a striker fired weapon.

But's it not fully cocked and doesn't even have a manual safety to be on or off.

The problem is your trying to apply archaic terms used for a single-action pistol and applying them to all other types of pistols.

There's a really big difference risk wise between condition 0 on a 1911 than there is on a Glock.

But's it not fully cocked and doesn't even have a manual safety to be on or off.

The problem is your trying to apply archaic terms used for a single-action pistol and applying them to all other types of pistols.

There's a really big difference risk wise between condition 0 on a 1911 than there is on a Glock.
    Yes but it's basically the same principle. But you are making it difficult. Lol
    What's up my nigga's

The devil is in the details!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Maybe so. I tell ya what the m9 is a fine service weapon but I sure wish we had the m45 a1 when I was inlisted..

I'm a little bit the opposite. I trained on the M14, M1911A1, M79 and we had M2HB and the M60. The Ma Deuce is a winner and always has been in my book. The M60, not so much. Of course the M14 and 1911A1 were pretty stellar given our deployment parameters but be that as it may I often wonder what it would have been like to have an M16A1, A2 or an M4 with the M203? The M9 instead of the 1911A1. Different times I guess. Some things change, others come back around but pretty much nothing stays the same.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I guess this poll doesn't really pertain to me. I always carry S&W revolvers, and don't own any semi-auto pistols aside from a P-38, and a S&W 469. I don't carry either of those though.

I'm a little bit the opposite. I trained on the M14, M1911A1, M79 and we had M2HB and the M60. The Ma Deuce is a winner and always has been in my book. The M60, not so much. Of course the M14 and 1911A1 were pretty stellar given our deployment parameters but be that as it may I often wonder what it would have been like to have an M16A1, A2 or an M4 with the M203? The M9 instead of the 1911A1. Different times I guess. Some things change, others come back around but pretty much nothing stays the same.
    Times didn't change. The Geneva convention changed Richard. They don't build weapon platforms like they use to. We trained on the M16A1 the M-4 with the M203. The M-9. The S.A.W. And the M40-A1.
    What's up my nigga's

Well that's some anyway. Not to mention the 50's and other platforms. A lot to mention
    What's up my nigga's

Let me refraise the question. In boot camp we qualified with the M16-A1. When we deployed to Iraq it was the A2 and the M-4. And the M-9. Only a few of my brothers had the S.A.W.(squad automatic weapon). And a couple of my bros were snipers and the carried either the M40-A1 or the Barrett 50. Depending on location and the mission. And don't forget the M9-A1
    Last edited by Silentkilla01; 06-22-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    What's up my nigga's

The devil is in the details!

You jack ass !!! Lol
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I'd like to pull this back on topic. I think this is a worthy topic for discussion. Being firearm related it is refreshing and our resident marxists aren't likely to chime in as they don't own guns and have nothing to add. I'd personally be interested in the opinion of Ten-32 and Charlie Bravo as they carry(ed) for a living.

My personal experience is limited but I have started shooting IDPA and you holster and draw a loaded firearm under some amount of stress in the competitive environment. The first thing you do at the start of a stage is put one in the pipe and then holster your pistol. That is a little intimidating because if you F it up you can shoot yourself. I practice drawing and holstering through several drills with an unloaded handgun and pay close attention to my technique. Your trigger finger should be flagged outward and no where near the trigger guard. If the hammer ever falls during your practice when you don't intend it to you need to stop immediately and figure out what you did wrong and then drill it out of your technique. you also need to find a home for your support hand so you don't sweep yourself with the muzzle during the draw.

Apparently a lot of guys are shooting themselves with blackhawk serpa holsters on the draw due to the design. They are banned at some shooting academies now as a result.
    interesting I have one of those holsters and my finger never touches the trigger until on target. in your opinion what is the problem? I would not think it is the holster.
    but my glock I do not carry chambered because the lack of a manual safety.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    interesting I have one of those holsters and my finger never touches the trigger until on target. in your opinion what is the problem? I would not think it is the holster.
    Oh you just fucked up saying that.
    What's up my nigga's

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post

Both of you turn your guns in immediately.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Both of you turn your guns in immediately.
    ? you got some splainin to do.

be the heat..

why?

be the heat..