Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the "lost IRS emails" story is a huge pack of lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Computer systems crash...a server reboot restores them to operational...hard drives on individual computers do not crash on a whole office basis.

It's listed in all HD specs as MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure)

The idea that it could happen on 6+1 critically important computers simultaneously is beyond statistical probability.

Nice try though.
    Servers typically use RAID arrays. My own little home file server has five 2TB hard drives setup as a RAID-6 array. This gives me 6TB of storage, with the ability to survive TWO simultaneous hard drive failures.

Code:
    root@storage:/# df -H
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sdg1        14G  2.4G   11G  19% /
    udev            4.2G  4.1k  4.2G   1% /dev
    tmpfs           4.2G     0  4.2G   0% /tmp
    tmpfs           827M  3.3M  823M   1% /run
    none            5.3M     0  5.3M   0% /run/lock
    none            4.2G     0  4.2G   0% /run/shm
    none            105M     0  105M   0% /run/user
    tmpfs           4.2G     0  4.2G   0% /var/tmp
    tmpfs           4.2G     0  4.2G   0% /var/crash
    /dev/md0        6.0T  1.4T  4.7T  23% /home/shared
    /dev/sdf1       2.0T  363G  1.7T  19% /home/shared/samba/external-2tb

If a drive fails, I simply replace it and the array re-builds in the background.

Statistically, the chances of me losing my server data because of MORE than 2 hard drives dying at once is almost zero.

Unless I get hit by lightening or fire an AK round through the server, my data is safe.

And, this server is only for movies and family data. I'm sure the IRS can afford something a bit better......
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Servers typically use RAID arrays.
    Additionally, it's usually standard practice to also do some other form of incremental backup sets, whether on tape or some other medium, with at least one set stored offsite...just in case of something like that lightning strike, a fire, or some other catastrophic event that takes out the servers.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Well, well, well...isn't this convenient?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) cancelled its longtime relationship with an email-storage contractor just weeks after ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s computer crashed and shortly before other IRS officials’ computers allegedly crashed. (snip)

Sonasoft’s six-year business relationship with the IRS came to an abrupt end at the close of fiscal year 2011, as congressional investigators began looking into the IRS conservative targeting scandal and IRS employees’ computers started crashing left and right.

Sonasoft’s fiscal year 2011 contract with the IRS ended on August 31, 2011. Eight days later, the IRS officially closed out its relationship with Sonasoft in accordance with the federal government’s contract close-out guidelines, which require agencies to fully audit their contracts and to get back any money that wasn’t used by the contractor. Curiously, the IRS de-allocated 36 cents when it closed out its contract with Sonasoft on September 8, 2011.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._crashed_.html

So after the request for Lerner's emails, her computer conveniently crashes, they end their contract with the company doing the backups, 6 other computers mysteriously crash, and of course they can say the backups by Sonasoft were ordered destroyed. All so very convenient...

One might almost think it was planned!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Obstruction of Justice

A criminal offense that involves interference, through words or actions, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court.

The integrity of the judicial system depends on the participants' acting honestly and without fear of reprisals. Threatening a judge, trying to bribe a witness, or the encouraging destruction of evidence are examples of obstruction of justice. Federal and state laws make it a crime to obstruct justice.

Wouldn't that mean that the company Sonasoft and any participant should be held responsible? I say start prosecuting and imprison every motherfucker that had any contact with IRS scandal until people start to talk. Bound to be THOUSANDS of people involved and with enough pain someone will spill the beans.
    Last edited by Sherman; 06-22-2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Added a space.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

It was all just coincidence according to mr. Contrarian democrat plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Wouldn't that mean that the company Sonasoft and any participant should be held responsible?
    If the IRS canceled it's contract with Sonasoft and ordered them to destroy the backups, they have little choice but to do what the customer wants.

Even if they knew what was going on, what could they do?

The IRS is 100% at fault. They're just a part of a huge criminal organization. If the RICO act applies to anyone, it's the US government......

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering, and it allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes which they ordered others to do or assisted them, closing a perceived loophole that allowed someone who told a man to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because he did not actually commit the crime personally.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    If the IRS canceled it's contract with Sonasoft and ordered them to destroy the backups, they have little choice but to do what the customer wants.

Even if they knew what was going on, what could they do?

The IRS is 100% at fault. They're just a part of a huge criminal organization. If the RICO act applies to anyone, it's the US government......
    Well then the records of who ordered the backups destroyed needs to be gotten from the third party.

IRS head says no laws broken in loss of emails

WASHINGTON (AP) — The head of the Internal Revenue Service said Monday he has seen no evidence anyone committed a crime when the agency lost emails that might shed light on the targeting of tea party and other political groups before the 2010 and 2012 elections.
    http://news.yahoo.com/irs-head-says-...-politics.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Archivist: IRS didn't follow law with lost emails

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service did not follow the law when it failed to report the loss of records belonging to a senior IRS executive, the nation's top archivist told Congress Tuesday.

"Any agency is required to notify us when they realize they have a problem," David Ferriero, archivist of the U.S. during a House Oversight and Government Reform committee hearing
    http://news.yahoo.com/archivist-irs-...162346827.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Imagine if a company didn't comply with record keeping.......Not that "lost emails" is even a non laughable event for the IRS. Fact is the orders to target conservatives came straight from the whitehouse, they needed to become lost before the investigators found them. This administration is the most corrupt self serving dictatorship we've ever seen. Numerous violations of the law that make Watergate look like a parking ticket. Yet the media is cowed by this threatening POS who isn't even a legitimate President. How have we come to this point?

One of the greatest loads of bullshit I've ever heard;

IRS’s Lois Lerner Tried To Audit GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley Over Email Mix-up

"Investigators in Congress discovered new emails from Lois Lerner Wednesday revealing the former IRS Exempt Organizations director’s attempt to audit GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley in 2012 over an email mixup.

According to the Associated Press, Lerner mistakenly received an email invitation to an event in December of that year meant for Grassley, who presumably received Lerner’s.

The invitation from the organizer reportedly included an offer to pay for the attendance of Grassley’s wife, should the two be interested in coming. Upon reading Grassley’s invitation mistakenly sent to Lerner, the IRS official accused of unjustifiably targeting conservative tea party organizations’ tax exempt status forwarded the email to another IRS employee, and inquired about a possible audit of the Iowa senator.

Lerner speculated it could be inappropriate for the organizer to pay for Grassley’s wife to attend.

The second IRS official dismissed Lerner’s suggestion, and said an audit would be a premature action"
    http://news.yahoo.com/irs-lois-lerne...214805358.html

Obstruction of Justice

A criminal offense that involves interference, through words or actions, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court.

The integrity of the judicial system depends on the participants' acting honestly and without fear of reprisals. Threatening a judge, trying to bribe a witness, or the encouraging destruction of evidence are examples of obstruction of justice. Federal and state laws make it a crime to obstruct justice.

Wouldn't that mean that the company Sonasoft and any participant should be held responsible? I say start prosecuting and imprison every motherfucker that had any contact with IRS scandal until people start to talk. Bound to be THOUSANDS of people involved and with enough pain someone will spill the beans.
    you are right. 100% but how do you move it forward? start at the most vulnerable and move up. yum yum!!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    you are right. 100% but how do you move it forward? start at the most vulnerable and move up. yum yum!!
    I say move from outward to inward. What I mean is......Fire and imprison every top executive at every media outlet that remotely agrees with the current administration and its agenda. Replace them with hardcore constitutionalists with high morals and honesty. It is critical that this happens.

Nothing will change until the public gets in a fury over what is happening to them personally. Once the TRUTH comes out and people get outraged, things will change. The public still has ultimate power. Voting for Obama twice proves that. The fundamental change that is taking place is slowly being implemented so the public will not notice until it is too late. As I have said before, most people watch the evening news networks to know what is going on in the world and will not think outside what they have been told by Brian Williams on NBC. They take what he says as factual and unbiased. Change the media, Change the country.

I say move from outward to inward. What I mean is......Fire and imprison every top executive at every media outlet that remotely agrees with the current administration and its agenda. Replace them with hardcore constitutionalists with high morals and honesty. It is critical that this happens.

Nothing will change until the public gets in a fury over what is happening to them personally. Once the TRUTH comes out and people get outraged, things will change. The public still has ultimate power. Voting for Obama twice proves that. The fundamental change that is taking place is slowly being implemented so the public will not notice until it is too late. As I have said before, most people watch the evening news networks to know what is going on in the world and will not think outside what they have been told by Brian Williams on NBC. They take what he says as factual and unbiased. Change the media, Change the country.
    This explains a lot;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12