Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty.”

“A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty.”

In addition to Kenny’s reasons for shutting down the DHS, Whitehead adds the following indictments:

“Militarizing police and SWAT teams. The DHS routinely hands out six-figure grants to enable local municipalities to purchase military-style vehicles, as well as a veritable war chest of weaponry, ranging from tactical vests, bomb-disarming robots, assault weapons and combat uniforms. This rise in military equipment purchases funded by the DHS has, according to analysts Andrew Becker and G.W. Schulz, ‘paralleled an apparent increase in local SWAT teams.’ The end result? An explosive growth in the use of SWAT teams for otherwise routine police matters, an increased tendency on the part of police to shoot first and ask questions later, and an overall mindset within police forces that they are at war--and the citizenry are the enemy combatants.

“Stockpiling ammunition. DHS, along with other government agencies, has been stockpiling an alarming amount of ammunition in recent years, which only adds to the discomfort of those already leery of the government. As of 2013, DHS had 260 million rounds of ammo in stock, which averages out to between 1,300 to 1,600 rounds per officer. The US Army, in contrast, has roughly 350 rounds per soldier. DHS has since requisitioned more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammo, ‘enough,’ concludes Forbes magazine, ‘to sustain a hot war for 20+ years.’

“Distributing license plate readers. DHS has already distributed more than $50 million in grants to enable local police agencies to acquire license plate readers, which rely on mobile cameras to photograph and identify cars, match them against a national database, and track their movements. Relying on private contractors to maintain a license plate database allows the DHS and its affiliates to access millions of records without much in the way of oversight.

“Contracting to build detention camps. In 2006, DHS awarded a $385 million contract to a Halliburton subsidiary to build detention centers on American soil. Although the government and Halliburton were not forthcoming about where or when these domestic detention centers would be built, they rationalized the need for them in case of ‘an emergency influx of immigrants, or to support the rapid development of new programs’ in the event of other emergencies such as ‘natural disasters.’ Viewed in conjunction with the NDAA provision allowing the military to arrest and indefinitely detain anyone, including American citizens, it would seem the building blocks are already in place for such an eventuality.

“Tracking cell-phones with Stingray devices. Distributed to local police agencies as a result of grants from the DHS, these Stingray devices enable police to track individuals’ cell phones--and their owners--without a court warrant or court order. The amount of information conveyed by these devices about one’s activities, whereabouts and interactions is considerable. As one attorney explained: ‘Because we carry our cellphones with us virtually everywhere we go, stingrays can paint a precise picture of where we are and who we spend time with, including our location in a lover’s house, in a psychologist’s office or at a political protest.’

“Carrying out military drills and lockdowns in American cities. Each year, DHS funds military-style training drills in cities across the country. These Urban Shield exercises, elaborately staged with their own set of professionally trained Crisis Actors playing the parts of shooters, bystanders and victims, fool law enforcement officials, students, teachers, bystanders and the media into thinking it’s a real crisis.

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin810.htm
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Even if 1/10 of this is true, we are living in scary times....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Why does the cop, in the foreground, have the "gangsta hold" on the AR15? Is he "profiling" for the driver or is there a valid reason for this hold?

p.s. I love the donut-king cop in the background...he adds character to the whole scenario...kind of gives one the warm, fuzzy feeling about the whole thing....

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Posse comitatus does not apply to the DHS

All a sitting president has to do is start a couple more bullshit wars overseas, ship most of the active duty troops away from home so they can't be here to defend it, then consolidate power through the heavily-armed DHS acting against a helpless civilian populace-- Oh, wait...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    All a sitting president has to do is start a couple more bullshit wars overseas, ship most of the active duty troops away from home so they can't be here to defend it, then consolidate power through the heavily-armed DHS acting against a helpless civilian populace-- Oh, wait...
    Given the current Schmotus has already replaced all military commanders who won't follow his orders to execute Americans...what would be the need?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Given the current Schmotus has already replaced all military commanders who won't follow his orders to execute Americans...what would be the need?
    You may be correct. But I would think it would be a little bit harder to convince soldiers who have sworn an oath to protect the Constitution to act against U.S. citizens (not to mention that whole Posse Comitatus business), whereas the DHS has no such scruples. Keep in mind that the DHS was formed SOLELY for dealing with domestic threats. DHS runs operations and mass arrests against U.S. civilians all the time without blinking an eye. So they would be the natural front-line storm troopers in any sort of domestic gun grab or FEMA camp round-up scenario, I would think.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Ve Vast youst vollowing orderz!!!!

It worked so well once...no reason not to try it again...

The Hegelian Dialectic has been working so well to this point...why fuck with a winning strategy?
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 06-22-2014 at 03:06 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    You may be correct. But I would think it would be a little bit harder to convince soldiers who have sworn an oath to protect the Constitution to act against U.S. citizens (not to mention that whole Posse Comitatus business), whereas the DHS has no such scruples. Keep in mind that the DHS was formed SOLELY for dealing with domestic threats. DHS runs operations and mass arrests against U.S. civilians all the time without blinking an eye. So they would be the natural front-line storm troopers in any sort of domestic gun grab or FEMA camp round-up scenario, I would think.
    When the public school system does not teach the Constitution it is easy to get the majority of military to do things against the Constitution, as they don't know what is in it. Also, if you can get a government entity, say the IRS, to silence any organization who would teach the Constitution it is almost a slam dunk.

I talk to my sailors, Chiefs and other officers often about the Constitution so they start to understand what is actually there. I give out Constitutions at re-enlistments and the sailors tell me it is the first time they have read it. It is not that they don't want to follow their oath, but they have not been taught the Constitution so they know what their oath really means.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    When the public school system does not teach the Constitution it is easy to get the majority of military to do things against the Constitution, as they don't know what is in it. Also, if you can get a government entity, say the IRS, to silence any organization who would teach the Constitution it is almost a slam dunk.

I talk to my sailors, Chiefs and other officers often about the Constitution so they start to understand what is actually there. I give out Constitutions at re-enlistments and the sailors tell me it is the first time they have read it. It is not that they don't want to follow their oath, but they have not been taught the Constitution so they know what their oath really means.
    The Constitution has become an embarrassment to those in power who want to retain their power at any cost.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    Posse comitatus does not apply to the DHS
    I don't know how that can be, but be that as it may, the constitution is still in effect.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

The 1st and 2nd Amendments are still in effect and will always be regardless of what a tyrannical government does.

I really think that DHS is aware that we will be heading into economic depression soon. That it will be world-wide and initiated by the collapse of the US Dollar. I think they've been told it is being initiated in order to prevent an even worse economic collapse - which I think is BS.

No need to detail what will follow this and why they feel a need to prepare to detain thousands of people and arm up the local LEO's...

When people come to realize that all of the dire warning were true - that our .gov caused the depression and that they intend to suppress and control the American people.... SwillHTF.

Now, consider that instead of JUST an economic collapse, we get a massive terror attack along with the collapse, then you can see exactly why the preparations are being made. Our military will be busy oversees and our home military (that's what its become) will be very busy too.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 06-22-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful!"

Sorry Heinie, don't think it will work like that here.

In addition to Kenny’s reasons for shutting down the DHS, Whitehead adds the following indictments:

“Militarizing police and SWAT teams. The DHS routinely hands out six-figure grants to enable local municipalities to purchase military-style vehicles, as well as a veritable war chest of weaponry, ranging from tactical vests, bomb-disarming robots, assault weapons and combat uniforms. This rise in military equipment purchases funded by the DHS has, according to analysts Andrew Becker and G.W. Schulz, ‘paralleled an apparent increase in local SWAT teams.’ The end result? An explosive growth in the use of SWAT teams for otherwise routine police matters, an increased tendency on the part of police to shoot first and ask questions later, and an overall mindset within police forces that they are at war--and the citizenry are the enemy combatants.
    This has happened before. Instead of "SWAT", the group was called the "Waffen-SS".
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? The fucking cop is pointing an AR in the guy's face?

I can't think of anything to say that won't get me banned.......

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    When the public school system does not teach the Constitution it is easy to get the majority of military to do things against the Constitution......
    Or worse, they teach mutilated versions of the Constitution. A typical example is the Second Amendment "....the right of the people to keep and bear arms in the service of the National Guard shall not be infringed".

Kids won't know any better. No need to amend the Constitution. Just teach the "new version" and wait long enough, then change the real version to match.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    The 1st and 2nd Amendments are still in effect and will always be regardless of what a tyrannical government does.
    The Second Amendment will be in effect as long as we keep a firm hold on our weapons and tell anyone who says otherwise "Hell no, come and take it!".

[QUOTE=5.56NATO;374828]

That would really piss me off as it violates two primary gun safety rules. One, never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot/keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times and two, don't ever pull a gun on a person unless you intend to shoot them.

I understand officer safety is important but pointing a gun at someone who is a non threat is fucking bullshit.

Reminds me of the old trick we played on some people by plugging up the tailpipe with a banana or a potato. Jam a tater on the end of that barrel and that AR is inoperable - - unless you want it to blow up in your face!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast