Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conservatives Poll Watchers Will Police the Voter Integrity of Mississippi's Black Democrats

Conservatives Poll Watchers Will Police the Voter Integrity of Mississippi's Black Democrats

Here's a story that sounds way too familiar: Mississippi conservatives will be watching the polls during Tuesday's primary, to make sure black Democrats aren't breaking any voting laws. Following incumbent Sen. Thad Cochran's outreach to black voters in his bid to ward off a primary challenger, a coalition of conservatives groups backing his Tea Party opponent Chris McDaniel have formed a "voter integrity project" to "observe whether the law is being followed,” as the coalition's advisor told The New York Times.
    http://news.yahoo.com/conservatives-...181406727.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Wow, just hand people a reason to hate you, might as well have said "I want our fine white citizens to go out and intimidate black voters".

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Wow, just hand people a reason to hate you, might as well have said "I want our fine white citizens to go out and intimidate black voters".
    What's good for the goose.........
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Yeah! We can't offend people who aren't going to vote for us anyway by expecting them to abide by the law! Especially when there is "walking around money" to be had!
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

What was it...99 and 98 percent of blacks voted for 0bama in both his election bids, and believe all whites are racist? Not sure they can hate white people any more than they already do.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Hey Kadmos, how come your buddy Holder didn't prosecute?

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    What's good for the goose.........
    No, it really isn't.

Those shenanigans were on election day, likely didn't change anyone's mind about who to vote for, and certainly weren't on orders from the party. And moreover, likely did not stop a single voter from voting. If anything, folks a couple hours west may have shown up to vote against Obama because they were annoyed about it.

This happened in advance, giving the black community plenty of time to be offended and make a concentrated effort to vote against this guy. It's not going to stop them from voting, it's going to make them want to vote!

The smart thing to do would be to say "I'm not going to pander to you like Thad is, we all know he's bad for everyone, yada yada yada." You can stay on message, not offend, and maybe even a little bit to court the vote.

Now all Thad has to do is make the guy out to be racist, or do nothing, because peple are already starting to think it, and the moderate whites stay home, and the blacks come out in force.

The primary only got a tiny fraction of the possible turnout. It would be easy for the blacks to take this personally and totally wallop the guy.

whites are already racist. they got the gene it is in the helix.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

No, it really isn't.

Those shenanigans were on election day, likely didn't change anyone's mind about who to vote for, and certainly weren't on orders from the party. And moreover, likely did not stop a single voter from voting. If anything, folks a couple hours west may have shown up to vote against Obama because they were annoyed about it.

This happened in advance, giving the black community plenty of time to be offended and make a concentrated effort to vote against this guy. It's not going to stop them from voting, it's going to make them want to vote!

The smart thing to do would be to say "I'm not going to pander to you like Thad is, we all know he's bad for everyone, yada yada yada." You can stay on message, not offend, and maybe even a little bit to court the vote.

Now all Thad has to do is make the guy out to be racist, or do nothing, because peple are already starting to think it, and the moderate whites stay home, and the blacks come out in force.

The primary only got a tiny fraction of the possible turnout. It would be easy for the blacks to take this personally and totally wallop the guy.
    So a black Panther with a club in his hand at the front door of a polling place isn't intimidating voters (and not violating the laws your buddy holder ignores except when it's percieved by libtards) but poll watchers are...... Good one Kadmos, your ideology is showing once again..

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    So a black Panther with a club in his hand at the front door of a polling place isn't intimidating voters (and not violating the laws your buddy holder ignores except when it's percieved by libtards) but poll watchers are...... Good one Kadmos, your ideology is showing once again..
    I didn't say they weren't intimidating, they absolutely should have been arrested and charged. What I said was it made no real difference. The video showed both white and black people walking right past the guys, they didn't have any effect. Except possibly some negative effect (from their point of view) in possibly bringing out Republican voters in other places who saw the story and it compelled them to vote.

What is being done now is simply foolish, it may or may not turn into voter intimidation, I rather doubt it will in fact. But what it may do is rile up the black voters and make them want to vote against the guy

"What I said was it made no real difference."

What difference does it make now, the goal was achieved.
    Last edited by shorthair; 06-24-2014 at 02:31 PM.

I didn't say they weren't intimidating, they absolutely should have been arrested and charged. What I said was it made no real difference. The video showed both white and black people walking right past the guys, they didn't have any effect. Except possibly some negative effect (from their point of view) in possibly bringing out Republican voters in other places who saw the story and it compelled them to vote.

What is being done now is simply foolish, it may or may not turn into voter intimidation, I rather doubt it will in fact. But what it may do is rile up the black voters and make them want to vote against the guy
    Wait just a minute here, you imply it didn't have any effect because SOME white people are walking by, HOW DO YOU KNOW SOME WHITE PEOPLE WEREN'T SCARED TO VOTE and it kept them "down"...... Boy you can really twist things around to fit the liberal agenda can't you? If it were a klan guy with a hat and a club, I'm sure your reasoning would change pretty quickly wouldn't it? YEP IT WOULD. You're caught once again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Wait just a minute here, you imply it didn't have any effect because SOME white people are walking by, HOW DO YOU KNOW SOME WHITE PEOPLE WEREN'T SCARED TO VOTE and it kept them "down"
    Well, for starters I assumed that most white people aren't giant pussies and are willing to walk near a black person without crapping themselves. Is it possible that some looked over at them, turned around and left...sure it's possible. Although I haven't seen a single report of that.

Would it have had made any difference as to the outcome of the vote in Pennsylvania...no, not unless they managed to turn away 620,478 voters, the margin by which Obama won the state.

If it were a klan guy with a hat and a club, I'm sure your reasoning would change pretty quickly wouldn't it? YEP IT WOULD. You're caught once again.
    Only if it could be shown to have made a measurable effect. Either, obviously, would be breaking the law. But had the same events taken place in "reverse" so to speak, I would still think it had no real difference to the outcome.

If you think I'm defending the guys standing out there, then you are a moron. What I'm talking about are the actual political consequences of these events.

Well, for starters I assumed that most white people aren't giant pussies and are willing to walk near a black person without crapping themselves. Is it possible that some looked over at them, turned around and left...sure it's possible. Although I haven't seen a single report of that.

Would it have had made any difference as to the outcome of the vote in Pennsylvania...no, not unless they managed to turn away 620,478 voters, the margin by which Obama won the state.

Only if it could be shown to have made a measurable effect. Either, obviously, would be breaking the law. But had the same events taken place in "reverse" so to speak, I would still think it had no real difference to the outcome.

If you think I'm defending the guys standing out there, then you are a moron. What I'm talking about are the actual political consequences of these events.
    So voter intimidation is okay so long as it doesn't materially affect the outcome?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    So voter intimidation is okay so long as it doesn't materially affect the outcome?
    Did you read the post? Are you a moron?

Did you read the post? Are you a moron?
    I did, particularly this contradictory statement:

Which constitutes a perfect example of talking out of both sides of your mouth...something you excel at. You don't defend them, but there were no real political consequences, ergo, it's not so bad, and what does it matter now?

It is you sir, who is the moron.

Also don't forget rascal and scallywag!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I did, particularly this contradictory statement:

Which constitutes a perfect example of talking out of both sides of your mouth...something you excel at. You don't defend them, but there were no real political consequences, ergo, it's not so bad, and what does it matter now?

It is you sir, who is the moron.
    It's disheartening to my prospects for future conversation that I am forced to spell this out to you in the greatest detail.

A great crime can in some aspects be of little consequence in others.

For instance, if a man robs a bank and gunpoint, and does not notice until later that his bag was filled with deposit slips rather than the currency he demanded, the event was of little financial burden to the bank, it's customers, or the insurance company. Yet the man still committed the crime of armed bank robbery and will be changed not based upon the profits he made, or lack thereof, but on the intent behind the crime.

Similarly, if the Panthers intended to sway the election through intimidation, common sense would dictate that the hour they spent out there before they were dispersed was completely incapable of stopping some 620 thousand voters, and thus a failure. Even though their desired result of Obama becoming president did come to pass, it had nothing to do with them having stood out there briefly.

Simply put, those people could not have in any conceivable way through their limited actions have actually turned the tide of the vote.

Conversely, the mere suggestion by a candidate of potential racial intimidation several days or weeks before the election could be used as provocation for some white people to distance themselves from the candidate and for large numbers of black people to vote against him (legally).

What was presumed to be good for the goose, but really happened too late and to little to do him real harm or good, could in fact be bad for the gander by being done within enough time to solidify opinion against him.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

As I understand it, Mississippi is a closed primary. It is illegal to vote in the Democrat party primary, then the Republican run off. Cochran ran adds asking indirectly for Blacks to do exactly this. With something like 90% of the Blacks in Mississippi registered as Democrats, if you see a bus load pull up at the polls, you KNOW what is happening...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast