Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trey Gowdy Brings It - IRS Commish Squirms

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Meaning the IRS agreed to pay NOM's legal fees, after NOM couldn't actually prove who leaked it, rather than face ongoing litigation. I would be very surprised if the IRS actually admitted wrongdoing. Although if it were the terms of getting it off their plate they may well have.
    Were the IRS to stop obstructing the investigation maybe we could prove that the records were deliberately leaked and who leaked them. Instead they say, this is just a single (rogue) person, not a problem, no investigation is needed. I don't expect the IRS to admit wrongdoing, though from an integrity standpoint it would be nice, but I do expect them to stop obstructing the investigation and for the President to take action to make the obstruction stop.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

*cough* *cough*

Emails show Lerner targeting Senator Grassley

Those emails were routed thru her blackberry. Let me guess, her BBRY was dropped in the toilet.

Oh, wait - don't they have their own server? Time for another subpoena.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Your story is about 2 weeks later and can be summarized as, "oops, we were wrong about saying that liberal groups were targeted but they were still investigated so it is the same." The issue is the few, and I mean few, liberal groups that were investigated were selected due to irregularities in their applications (as was pointed out in the articles I posted) not because of their political beliefs. See, that is the real difference in how conservative groups and liberal groups were treated based on political ideology with the IRS, a government organization, seeking to silence conservative speech. There should be an angry outcry from liberals and conservatives on the governments violation of the First Amendment but liberals are doing their best to excuse and distract from a very serious problem. You are not helping by pushing false narratives that were proven false over a year ago and goes to show just how the MSM has ignored this except to try to bury this. Had the MSM reported as vigorously on the falseness of the claim that liberal groups were targeted as they did when they thought it was true, there would be a greater outcry from the populace.
    So you're saying that medical marijuana and ACORN successor groups were never targeted for extra scrutiny as well?

That would seem to defy what the redacted IRS documents say themselves: http://www.scribd.com/collections/44...-Look-Out-docs

(These documents were released after Rep. Issa's partisan report came out, BTW...)
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Were the IRS to stop obstructing the investigation maybe we could prove that the records were deliberately leaked and who leaked them. Instead they say, this is just a single (rogue) person, not a problem, no investigation is needed. I don't expect the IRS to admit wrongdoing, though from an integrity standpoint it would be nice, but I do expect them to stop obstructing the investigation and for the President to take action to make the obstruction stop.
    I don't see where it suggests the IRS is obstructing anything. NOM seems to be trying to say the IRS leaked it, we know this guy Meisel had it, but he took the 5th, and doesn't work for the IRS.

Looks to me like they leapt to the conclusion that the IRS handed it out, when they have no evidence to support that aside from it being "out".

Seems like once they reached an impasse where this guy wasn't going to testify, which he has every right not to, and the justice department wasn't going to offer him immunity, which they have every right not to, that NOM realizing they were essentially stuck, accepted the idea of the IRS paying thier legal fees and calling it quits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12