Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeding Large Marge

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Feeding Large Marge

Check out what I found to feed Large Marge with:

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/par...azine-new.html

I know there were 40rd mags made at one time prior to WWII but they didn't make many or at least very few survived as I've never seen on outside of a book. While there aren't 40rd for the price I might pick up two or three and see if Marge gets indigestion or not.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Awesome!

30 rounders out of that thing should rock!
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I am so jealous...
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I love "Large Marge" Wish I had picked me one up when they just crazy expensive instead of ridiculously expensive.

(Nothing about the 30 rounder in this, just wanted to post it)
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I love "Large Marge" Wish I had picked me one up when they just crazy expensive instead of ridiculously expensive.
    Yes, me too. I purchased a BFG 50, should of gotten the Ohio Ord. BAR instead. I'd still have it.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Cute, I remember those things as being HEAVY! LOL
    Dan

Had one for a couple of months till I got my M14A1.....marge was a lot more accurate!
    Last edited by Dan Morris; 06-27-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks for the videos Funky. I'm a fan of Hicock45.

Dan, yep she's a big girl. Not something I'd want to do the manual of arms with.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

not bad priced either.

hopefully they work 100%

I was going to get a BAR this year but something else in 30-06 caught my eye.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Marge has run 100% unless the trigger group gets really dry. At one of the old WV Gunsnet shoots after several days of shooting I started having some issues. Popped out the trigger group and hit it with some WD40, slapped it back in and away she went. I now use high temp bearing grease and haven't had any issues but then again, most of our outings only consist of 4-5 magazines worth of ammo.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Last edited by NewbieAKguy; 06-27-2014 at 04:24 AM.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

I've seen a couple videos about this new carbine version. While I admit, the thought of 30rds of 30.06 in a more compact/lighter package is a pleasant one I just like the look of the original over the modern.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I totally get you on that; a full-auto BAR is on my 'When I win the lottery I'm going to get these guns' list. But I like the thought that people/companies are still doing "updates" to some old-school guns like the one above, almost like it could be a 1918a10 (or whatev, lol) model. I'm still somewhat surprised someone hasn't done the same thing with the Thompson, especially with all the modern CNC machining and metallurgy to produce updated versions that are easier to make, lighter, and modular (?) I guess. Kind of like what Sage has done offering new chassis for M1 Garands and M1 Carbines. But that's just me I guess.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, I would have loved to get a full auto 1918 but at the time $3,800 versus $25,000+ it seemed like the OOW option was the better way to go. Marge doesn't shoot quite as fast as the real deal but with ammo prices and availability the way they are that's not such a bad thing. Off the bipod you can still run through 20rds pretty darn fast. OOW did a write-up years ago where they range tested a 1918A3 with I believe 168gr match ammo and got .75" groups at 100yds. I've not tried any match ammo in Marge but I've got some Sierra Match King bullets so I might try and load some and give it a try. I do wish that I could mount a scope and see what she can really do.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I think semi-auto is good enough for a BAR. Its not like they shot all that fast anyway, and if you watch those Hickok videos it looks like they're able to rapid fire pretty easily with the semi-auto.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I think semi-auto is good enough for a BAR. Its not like they shot all that fast anyway, and if you watch those Hickok videos it looks like they're able to rapid fire pretty easily with the semi-auto.
    She really does. IIRC Schuetzenman actually bumpfired her at one of the WV shoots.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    She really does. IIRC Schuetzenman actually bumpfired her at one of the WV shoots.
    I do believe that I did now that you mention it. I figured if I could bump a M1 Garand, FAL, CETME and my M1A Springfield, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I do believe that I did now that you mention it. I figured if I could bump a M1 Garand, FAL, CETME and my M1A Springfield, why not.
    Son of a bitch what a big gun to bump fire.
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast