Thread: Day at the range with my grandaughter

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Day at the range with my grandaughter

She will be 6 Sept. 30th, i've been working with her shooting a BB gun since she was 4.

Yesterday was the first time she fired the .22LR Cricket i bought her.

She fired about 30 rounds over a two hour period, did not commit any safety infractions. All the range officers stopped by to help and encourage her ( Ben Avery is a great range).

She handled the rifle by herself, and did better than i expected in the accuracy dept. Target was 5 yards from the bench, the 5 hits on the 8" shoot n see were her first 5 shots.

Future Olympic shooter? Who knows.

I also took the SKS i just recently cleaned up, and as i expected the scope mount sucked. It would group 3 shots then move 3-4" left or right at 50 yds.
    Through the irons it shot pretty consistent 2'' groups with Wolf military classic ammo at 50 yds

Most fun i've had in a while.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

If you keep letting her shoot, it won't belong before she starts beating you.

(One way to look at that is that you will always have someone to sight in your guns for you.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Thumbs up

You're a good grandpa, DP.

AWESOME!!!

Thank you sir for encouraging the future generation.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    If you keep letting her shoot, it won't belong before she starts beating you.

(One way to look at that is that you will always have someone to sight in your guns for you.)
    That's true my eyesight gets worse everyday. rci2950 had a thread where he was looking for a small 22 to back pack with, this rifle might fit the bill, i was surprised how accurate it was, my daughter shot some pretty nice targets at 25 yards with it, definitely minute-of-rabbit. It has an adjustable aperture rear sight, it's a single shot but hard to load if you don't have little girl fingers or those pointy finger nails my daughter has

That's nice.
    I bought my son a blue laminated Cricket last year for Christmas but he is still too small to hold it, so he has never seen it yet.
    I take him to a gun shop that has one and I have him hold it to see if his arms are long enough.

He has been shooting my wife's BB gun and he has made some good groups with my 10-22 with my help and a red dot.

BISHOP

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Congrats Grandpa, good to see you getting her hooked early before the school Nazi's cow her brain into thinking firearms are bad.

That's great Dave, on so many levels.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization