Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Issues Again?

See it's weird because now it's fine. Something more has got to be going on.
    What's up my nigga's

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Clearing cookies did an amazing job of speeding things up. Fastest the sites been in I don't know how long. Maybe I should just log off and back in every time?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I'm going to add a piece of software that blocks bots. If it screws up GN, I'll remove it. Doing that now.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnetadmin View Post
    I'm going to add a piece of software that blocks bots. If it screws up GN, I'll remove it. Doing that now.
    While you're at it could you install some software that brings in super hot desperate chicks that can't handle their liquor?

Ok, I just installed a software "firewall" if you will. Anything identified as a bot is freakin gone. Instaban.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Okay it seems that there are issues again? Could not post or the page never would load.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    So far I have had no problems, but last night either the whole web was slow or it just seemed like pages took longer than normal to load, but they did. Today all is good...so far.

Okay this is getting nuts! It's not me cause I'm on other sites with no issues at all! Still loading pages slowly and same for posting when I can. 3rd day now for this.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

OK, my turn to have problems today. Took almost 5 minutes to post here. This is after not being able to post in another thread after a long wait, closing the tab and reopening a new one.

I reset the connection a few min ago. Right now I'm fighting blocking bots...
    -=Alex=-

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Gunsnet is definitely broken today. Took 5 mins for this page to load.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnetadmin View Post
    I reset the connection a few min ago. Right now I'm fighting blocking bots...
    And it seems back up to speed. Damn those bots! I really wish to feds would worry about cyber attacks as much as they do cyber attacking us through the NSA.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Hey hey hey, looks like we're back in business.

Great job Alex, and good luck in your continued battle against the bots.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Why is it that it seems that this site seems to have these issues? All other sites I visit daily don't?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

same, multiple time-outs.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Why is it that it seems that this site seems to have these issues? All other sites I visit daily don't?
    because we are always hit with web crawlers daily.
    -=Alex=-

I've been experimenting with "turnkey software" that integrates with Linux and IPTables to help me block bots etc.. saves me time, supposedly. Shit doesnt work...so I had to do it manually... I got a way that works now.
    -=Alex=-

Your the man Alex! Thanks for your help as always!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123