Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Austrialian Judge Says Incest May No Longer Be Taboo

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I was wondering how long before you jumped into this thread...

I don't disagree that promiscuity is a real problem, especially amongst urban gay men.

All the more reason to encourage monogamy and healthy same-sex marriages versus "sleeping around", don't you think?
    Did you read the article?

Such "relationships" are the exception, rather than the rule. How many need to become infected and die (from either demographic) to satisfy your need to be right?

Not to mention your entire argument is a straw man...there is nothing preventing gay males from forming monogamous relationships without being able to marry.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 07-16-2014 at 01:38 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Did you read the article?
    You linked to a private blog again, which is nothing more than someone's opinion.

Such "relationships" are the exception, rather than the rule. How many need to become infected and die (from either demographic) to satisfy your need to be right?

Not to mention your entire argument is a straw man...there is nothing preventing gay males from forming monogamous relationships without being able to marry.
    I think you should head down to San Francisco right away and start handing out fliers in the Castro District.

Clearly you seem quite concerned with the plight of gay people -- thankfully we have concerned citizens like yourself to help raise awareness and stop people from sleeping around.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

You linked to a private blog again, which is nothing more than someone's opinion.
    So the determination by the World Health Org gets complete dismissal by you? Not surprised, though of course you'd be singing a different tune if they were stating it wasn't a huge issue. But of course, the usual leftist dodge...kill the messenger to eliminate the message. You are so completely transparent as to be little more than a ghost.

I think you should head down to San Francisco right away and start handing out fliers in the Castro District.

Clearly you seem quite concerned with the plight of gay people -- thankfully we have concerned citizens like yourself to help raise awareness and stop people from sleeping around.
    Unable to address the issue, so now you turn to ad hominem...true to form from a double-naught skientist who has no business in science.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Seriously, what do you want to be done? I'm all ears.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Seriously, what do you want to be done? I'm all ears.
    The usual first step with carriers of a plague, is quarantine...isn't it?

Except this plague is a bit different than others...you can't catch it from casual contact, airborne, etc...only from a few select actions. I'm well aware your reaction is that such people have rights to go on infecting as many people as possible. It is that attitude that needs to be addressed first, because it is that attitude (among both liberals and gay males...and yes, I know that's redundant) that allows this plague to continue, unchecked...by both the CDC and the WHO.

Are you suggesting FEMA camps? Be careful what you wish for, my friend... for once you unleash that beast, its only a matter of time before it comes back to bite you in the ass.

Are you suggesting FEMA camps? Be careful what you wish for, my friend... for once you unleash that beast, its only a matter of time before it comes back to bite you in the ass.
    So suggesting a required change in attitudes is needed now equates to FEMA camps?

Hyperbole much?

Here's a start...stop teaching in schools from K on that butt fucking anyone, anytime is such a great thing, as liberal common core has been introducing across the nation...

Here's a start...stop teaching in schools from K on that butt fucking anyone, anytime is such a great thing, as liberal common core has been introducing across the nation...
    Have they now? And here I thought sex education in our public schools was limited to birth control and contraceptives -- two things that conservatives detest.

Have they now? And here I thought sex education in our public schools was limited to birth control and contraceptives -- two things that conservatives detest.
    Your inability to keep up with current educational trends from DC are not my problem, though they are symptomatic of the general tendency of liberals to fail in consideration of facts or reality, and instead rely upon what the feel and what the MSM has fed them.

You let me know when you're ready to stop deflecting and attempting to change the subject, troll, then we can have a conversation...until then just shut the fuck up you weasel.

Address the issue raised by the CDC and WHO...which is that HIV is exploding world-wide due to gay male promiscuity, and the liberal agenda attempting to make it all okay by disingenuous lies. If you can't address those issues, you obviously support the idea that this plague should infect all humanity.

Address the issue raised by the CDC and WHO...which is that HIV is exploding world-wide due to gay male promiscuity, and the liberal agenda attempting to make it all okay by disingenuous lies. If you can't address those issues, you obviously support the idea that this plague should infect all humanity.
    It sounds like the CDC is already taking appropriate action:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/index.html

What CDC Is Doing

CDC awarded $55 million over 5 years to 34 community-based organizations to provide HIV testing to more than 90,000 young gay and bisexual men of color and transgender youth of color with the goals of identifying more than 3,500 previously unrecognized HIV infections and linking those who have HIV to care and prevention services. Additionally, CDC’s MSM Testing Initiative seeks to identify at least 3,000 MSM with HIV who were previously unaware of their infection and link at least 85% to care.

CDC is aligning surveillance and program activities more closely. For example, more people living with HIV should be linked to care, receive continuous care and antiretroviral treatment, and acheive a suppressed HIV viral load—the most important goal for maximizing a person’s health as well as reducing the risk of transmission. By increasing the reporting of CD4 and viral load data across the country, CDC will aid health departments and clinicians in monitoring treatment progress toward viral load suppression. Currently, CDC estimates that only 25% of the 1.1 million individuals with HIV have their viral loads adequately suppressed.

CDC supports biomedical approaches to HIV prevention. Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), which involves taking antiretroviral medications prior to becoming exposed to HIV, can reduce the risk of HIV infection in individuals at substantial risk of infection. Post-exposure prophylaxis, which involves taking antiretroviral medications soon after possible exposure to HIV, also plays a role in HIV prevention, but should be not be considered a primary means of HIV prevention. Also, while HIV treatments can dramatically improve the health of HIV-positive persons who are treated, they also have prevention benefits: individuals whose HIV viral loads are suppressed have a greatly reduced chance of transmitting the virus to their partners.

Through its Act Against AIDS campaigns, CDC aims to provide MSM with effective and culturally appropriate messages about HIV prevention. The REASONS/RAZONES testing campaign features Latino gay and bisexual men sharing their reasons for getting an HIV test. Testing Makes Us Stronger encourages black gay and bisexual men to get tested for HIV. Let’s Stop HIV Together focuses on raising awareness of HIV and AIDS and combatting complacency and stigma by increasing support for people living with the disease. Start Talking. Stop HIV. encourages gay and bisexual men to communicate about testing and other HIV prevention issues.

CDC also funds state and local health departments and community-based organizations to support HIV prevention services for MSM.

-----------

What more do you think ought to be done?

CDC awarded $55 million over 5 years to 34 community-based organizations to provide HIV testing to more than 90,000 young gay and bisexual men of color and transgender youth of color...
    Let it be here noted that fagc supports increasing HIV rates among the white population...consistent with the current liberal meme that whites must die to create a utopian world.

But let's just take a closer look at those statements...

From an epidemiological analysis of them, what is missing?
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 07-16-2014 at 03:19 AM.

That link is directly from the horse's mouth (the CDC), and HIV really is a problem more with people of color, I'm sorry to say.

But for those of us who don't engage in unprotected sex with multiple random partners, I think our chances of catching HIV is close to nil.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

That link is directly from the horse's mouth (the CDC), and HIV really is a problem more with people of color, I'm sorry to say.

But for those of us who don't engage in unprotected sex with multiple random partners, I think our chances of catching HIV is close to nil.
    Straw man...(and a lie, unless you're trying to state that most gay men are men of color...is that the racist statement you're trying to make?)

Bisexual men (of all colors) transmit it to women, who then propagate it among the hetero population. Why should we pay for their sins?

What is the missing epidemiological portion of the CDC's response?
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 07-16-2014 at 03:26 AM.

Bisexual men (of all colors) transmit it to women, who then propagate it among the hetero population. Why should we pay for their sins?
    Do you sleep with many women who "sleep around" -- without wearing protection? I thought you were happily married, so what are you worried about?

What is the missing epidemiological portion of the CDC's response?
    Enlighten me.

Do you sleep with many women who "sleep around" -- without wearing protection? I thought you were happily married, so what are you worried about?
    Typical self-involved, narcissistic liberal...if it doesn't affect me, who cares who else if affects...

Enlighten me.
    Awww...the skientist can't see the obvious?

From the free dictionary:

The branch of medicine that deals with the study of the causes, distribution, and control of disease in populations.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, suspend disbelief, and imagine even you can (33 1/3 chance) pick the one of three that is ignored in that CDC statement.

Typical self-involved, narcissistic liberal...if it doesn't affect me, who cares who else if affects...
    Well, don't blame me if you keep cheating on your wife.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, suspend disbelief, and imagine even you can (33 1/3 chance) pick the one of three that is ignored in that CDC statement.
    I'm afraid I don't follow. It looks like the CDC hits the whole trifecta: unprotected sex (cause), young adults mostly of color (distribution), and preventative measures (control).

What am I missing here?

Well, don't blame me if you keep cheating on your wife.
    So caring about a world plague and who it infects, now equates to me cheating? That's low by even your standards. Aren't you the bleeding heart who cares so much about your fellow man that you want to help them by your, oh so intellectual, skientific efforts? But hey, another straw man and dodge...typical of the standard self-involved, narcissistic liberal...

I'm afraid I don't follow. It looks like the CDC hits the whole trifecta: unprotected sex (cause), young adults mostly of color (distribution), and preventative measures (control).

What am I missing here?
    Which part of that addresses the rampant promiscuity, the stupidity of the culture that spreads the disease? It's all about identification and treatment afterward. The only part that may even be remotely stated to be addressing "causes" is the retro-viral pre-treatment, which does not actually address any causes. It's akin to saying, let's give all children antibiotics from the time they learn to walk, so that none of them will get infected from a skinned knee.

That you can't recognize that, just underlines your inability to be a real skientist...there is nothing of the scientific method you genuinely grasp.

Why don't we talk about the scientific method, since you and your buddy in that global warming thread seem to like to toss it around so much?

There are basically five parts to it:

1) Formulation of a question (what is causing the spread of HIV?)
    2) Hypothesis (unprotected sex)
    3) Prediction (people who sleep around with multiple sexual partners are more at risk)
    4) Testing (random sampling and surveying test groups about their sexual habits, along with blood draws to test for HIV)
    5) Analysis (sure enough, people who sleep around and have unprotected sex tend to be more at risk)

See? That was easy, wasn't it? Now it's your turn. Show me your mastery of the scientific method, and where it went wrong here.

Why don't we talk about the scientific method, since you and your buddy in that global warming thread seem to like to toss it around so much?

There are basically five parts to it:

1) Formulation of a question (what is causing the spread of HIV?)
    2) Hypothesis (unprotected sex)
    3) Prediction (people who sleep around with multiple sexual partners are more at risk)
    4) Testing (random sampling and surveying test groups about their sexual habits, along with blood draws to test for HIV)
    5) Analysis (sure enough, people who sleep around and have unprotected sex tend to be more at risk)

See? That was easy, wasn't it? Now it's your turn. Show me your mastery of the scientific method, and where it went wrong here.
    All of which has what to do with the CDC ignoring and not addressing 1 and 2, and to a great extent, 3, except in after the fact mode?

Face it...you'll never be capable of being a true scientist, because your political bias infects everything you see. You will never be capable of accepting the results of an experiment or test if they don't fit the liberal agenda. You're incapable of putting that bias aside to look at the actual science. You may make money at it (which I'm sure is what drives your narcissistic self-worth), but you'll never be a true scientist because you're incapable of divorcing your agenda from reality.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 07-16-2014 at 04:14 AM.

Did you miss this paragraph:

Quote Originally Posted by CDC
    Through its Act Against AIDS campaigns, CDC aims to provide MSM with effective and culturally appropriate messages about HIV prevention. The REASONS/RAZONES testing campaign features Latino gay and bisexual men sharing their reasons for getting an HIV test. Testing Makes Us Stronger encourages black gay and bisexual men to get tested for HIV. Let’s Stop HIV Together focuses on raising awareness of HIV and AIDS and combatting complacency and stigma by increasing support for people living with the disease. Start Talking. Stop HIV. encourages gay and bisexual men to communicate about testing and other HIV prevention issues.
    It sounds like the main weapon in their arsenal is increased information awareness. One of the biggest problems is that many HIV-positive men don't even know they are infected. Once they know, most tend to change their sexual habits.

And in most states, having unprotected sex while knowingly carrying the virus is a felony.

So it goes back to my original question: what more do you think ought to be done?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast