Thread: Has the Arm Brace changed your mind about SBR-ing?

Has the Arm Brace changed your mind about SBR-ing?

I already have several SBR's & suppressors so I'm no virgin to NFA.

I was all set to send in form 1's to SBR an AK pistol, C-93 pistol & V-51 pistol and another AR lower ... then came the Arm Brace, I put one on an AK, took it out & shot it and ever since have been asking myself, why bother with the expense, regulations and the frustrating wait? Since then I've also built another AR pistol as well and while the stock could stand to be an inch or so longer I'm thinking the trade-off is worth it.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Any questions?

Seriously though, yes I changed my mind. When I learned of the Sig Brace I tossed the whole NFA thought out of my head. I believe a stock would be nicer, but this isn't so bad as to make me want to slap $200 and wait 10 or 11 months for permission from Big Brother.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-11-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I'm thinking a pair of M92 or M85.... leaning M92, I have one kit and the 75 round drums would fit... /evil laugh
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

like you I've spent thousands between guns/Taxes .
    After firing guns with these braces on they fit the same role vs looking authentic.

That being said.... If Sig pumps out their 9mm "pistol" I'm getting one of these braces for it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

*has one*
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I'm thinking a pair of M92 or M85.... leaning M92, I have one kit and the 75 round drums would fit... /evil laugh
    Since you want two anyway why not get one of each?

The steel mags for the m85 are dirt cheap at J&G, if they are still in stock.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post

Any questions?

Seriously though, yes I changed my mind. When I learned of the Sig Brace I tossed the whole NFA thought out of my head. I believe a stock would be nicer, but this isn't so bad as to make me want to slap $200 and wait 10 or 11 months for permission from Big Brother.
    Schuetzenman, I have an old school preban AR pistol that hasn't been shot in years, but with this you inspired me to build a new modern AR pistol that will get shot.

SiG-Tac has an extended pistol tube that's about 9" long, it doesn't look as smooth as yours because of the gap, but the additional inch may make it feel more natural ... I found several on Amazon for $31

http://www.amazon.com/Model-SB...eywords=sig-tac+sb15

I picked up one of the Century AK Arm Braces for the AMD-65 pistol I built several years ago thinking I'd SBR it and just never got around to it, now I never will, it's now fully functional and just not worth the hassle.

Last edited by kimberkid; 07-11-2014 at 11:53 PM.

just how does that work and feel?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Just in front of the rubber part that straps around your forearm is kind of a square metal box with a metal fork. The tongs of the fork slide under the pistol grip while the back of the pistol fits in the metal box. You tighten the pistol grip screw down onto the tongs which holds it in place.

It sounds kind of Mickey Mouse but it really is secure ... When shooting it doesn't feel any different than an AK with a stock. Recoil just pushes the gun back into the metal cup of the brace.

I'm probably not describing it very well but that's all I got ... I'm sure if you google it there are people that have done You-tubes on it ...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I've seen some less than perfect reviews on the Guntec pistol buffer tube. I think KAK Industries is the one to go with from doing searches. Their bare tube is just $1 dollar more at $32 each.
    http://www.kakindustry.com/sig-sb15-pistol-buffer-tube

If these things had been around 4 years ago I'd of kept my Yugo Krink kit with tritium sights and done it as a pistol. That was one spotless kit.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-12-2014 at 07:33 AM.

i have most of a random parts AK kit and a brand new Blank..even though i have a Sbr Amd-65.

I know what I might be doing soon.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!