Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Army to replace 9mm pistol with more reliable gun packing better 'knock down’ power

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

im joining the poster who thinks this is all a money wasting exercise in futility.

first off, i will reiterate that i have never served or been in combat before, but if i were, i would sure as fuck prefer a rifle to a pistol. so, in my eyes, whatever pistol you have is pretty much going to be a moot point, because unless the shit REALLY hits the fan, you shouldnt be using it. all the talk about "long range accuracy", why?? thats what a rife is for. imo, if your going out and engaging long range targets with a pistol, you have some serious planning issues you need to address first.

if they are so concerned about "knock down power" why do they continue to issue rifles, the MAIN weapon, in 5.56?? imo, all this talk is verbal masturbation, if they really want more knock down power, ditch the 223, improve that, and stop worrying about secondary side arms. they use the 223 for the same reason they use the 9mm, and i dont see them changing that any time soon.

and another +1 to shot placement.

would it be possible to justify hollow point ammunition in handguns that are primarily used for "defensive" purposes?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

We should refuse to abide by the ridiculous international prohibition against the use of expanding rounds. If we want more stopping power than issue our troops 62 gr JSP's and 124 gr Federal HST rounds. Let them practice with ball but load mags with modern ammo like your supposed to do. Fuck the pussy Europeans and their fucked up version of battlefield etiquette. If its inhumane to shoot a dear with FMJ than its inhumane to shoot a man with FMJ.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

While the U.S. does adhere to the Hague Accords (that's the treaty that bans hollow points - not the Geneva Convention), it has NEVER been ratified and is not binding on the U.S.

Note: The Geneva Convention deals with prisoners of war. The Hague Accords deals with the articles of war.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Army Delays Effort to Replace M9 9mm Pistol

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...3317843&rank=1

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

See my shocked face?

Not really! I expected this.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 01-26-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Cool

Dual .45 ACPs = Most awesome hand-held firepower on planet Earth:

Last man standing was an awesome movie!

It seems the new pistol effort went the same way that the multiple efforts to find an M16 replacement have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123