Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land of the Free, home of the ignorant

Land of the Free, home of the ignorant

Same guy who just got convicted in Vancouver to 1 year in jail for walking down the street with his AR, in an open carry state. (suspended sentence after one year with no other gun issues, kept his AR)

Lol 0bamavoters.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

To be fair, unless you listen to conservative radio, or watch Fox, then the phrase was maybe heard on time, IIRC, at the state of the union, then probably repeated several times at small events, or a few times on regular news.

People aren't going to google it while being interviewed. Also most of those were from 2009, so it's been several years since that was really in the news. Unless, like I say, you watch Fox, or conservative news.

Referencing pop culture before probably doesn't help, it looked like people seemed to think maybe it was a product slogan.

Keep in mind that most college students (under 26) get their health insurance coverage for free on their parents' plans now. So it's not like they had plans to lose to begin with.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Referencing pop culture demonstrates what people deem to be a priority for their minds. They know about two people who make music but know nothing about the important issues that effect their lives. These are called malleable citizens. They are low information voters who travel the wide path of life and make choices base upon how they "feel" about the subject.

They know little about reality, and as the Prophet Hosea said: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
    Referencing pop culture also makes them think the next question is going to reference pop culture. Nor does not knowing this "slogan" mean they aren't familiar with the larger issues of Obamacare.

Every anti-obama conservative has likely heard the phrase a couple dozen, or hundred, times. I'm not sure the public at large has though, maybe once or twice, as part of a larger speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Referencing pop culture also makes them think the next question is going to reference pop culture. Nor does not knowing this "slogan" mean they aren't familiar with the larger issues of Obamacare.

Every anti-obama conservative has likely heard the phrase a couple dozen, or hundred, times. I'm not sure the public at large has though, maybe once or twice, as part of a larger speech.
    Aw, come on.

They could just be dumb. Occam's razor and all.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    1) Unless you are a mind reader, you do not know what they think. You only know what they said, and what they said was....umm, I don't know important things, only non-important things.

1) Again with the mind reading. You have no facts to back this up, only your personal "feelings" which validates my comment that they, "make choices base upon how they feel about the subject"...I'm including YOU into the THEY part this time around.
    It doesn't take mind reading capabilities, they aren't exactly wearing poker faces. Some were bobbing their heads a bit, like it had a rhythm to it, others tried to find an answer that rhymed, the girl saying "we aren't from around here" must have thought it was a local jingle.

It seemed pretty obvious to me, the gist of the thought process.

I don't want to really argue this, you are right of course, I can't know for sure, but that was the impression I got.

It doesn't take mind reading capabilities, they aren't exactly wearing poker faces. Some were bobbing their heads a bit, like it had a rhythm to it, others tried to find an answer that rhymed, the girl saying "we aren't from around here" must have thought it was a local jingle.

It seemed pretty obvious to me, the gist of the thought process.

I don't want to really argue this, you are right of course, I can't know for sure, but that was the impression I got.
    It was pretty funny when the girl said. We are not from around here... Yeah we are from Kentucky. Lol
    What In the hell that had to do with insurance I have no clue! Lmao
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkilla01 View Post
    It was pretty funny when the girl said. We are not from around here... Yeah we are from Kentucky. Lol
    What In the hell that had to do with insurance I have no clue! Lmao
    I think most likely they though it was a local ad jingle, the guy said "I don't know, if it's local, I'm not from here" at about 1:05

Then she said they were from Kentucky, that one had me laughing also.

I made a 2x Obama voter cry one night when I disproved everything that came out of her mouth with Google.

To be fair, unless you listen to conservative radio, or watch Fox, then the phrase was maybe heard on time, IIRC, at the state of the union, then probably repeated several times at small events, or a few times on regular news.
    So...... one has to listen to "conservative radio" in order to know how badly Zero is screwing the Country?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I had no clue about the first question, but I knew the answer to the second. And I'll bet that's true of most everyone on here.

Some may have known Question #1, but everyone knew Question #2.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    So...... one has to listen to "conservative radio" in order to know how badly Zero is screwing the Country?
    No, of course not.

The issue is familiarity with the phrase.

I had no clue about the first question, but I knew the answer to the second. And I'll bet that's true of most everyone on here.

Some may have known Question #1, but everyone knew Question #2.
    I knew the woman was an entertainer, no idea on her husband.

Question #2 I knew as well.

But I feel like I knew it because if has been repeated here, and in conservative news outlets so often.

And on top of that, we had the benefit of seeing the title of the video "No one knows Obama's biggest lie" along with the text "If you like your healthcare, you can ..."

That really gives us the benefit of having it in context, something the people on the video didn't have.

I'm not from here. I'm from http://www.democraticunderground.com/
    Face your fear, accept your war.

We should all be so glad we have Kadmos to read the minds of each and every politician, media celebrity, and any random citizen in the country.

What would we do without him to tell us what all these people were thinking when they made their gaffs...why, we might infer they were actually uninformed or stupid...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

That's very nice of you to say Oswald..... plus...it's a totally free service I provide, and worth every penny.

That's very nice of you to say Oswald..... plus...it's a totally free service I provide, and worth every penny.
    What am I thinking right now?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    What am I thinking right now?
    Tits, pussy, ass.

You are a man, right?

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Tits, pussy, ass.

You are a man, right?

How did you do that?

Dang, you could be on television!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast