Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To the hacks in life known as paid trolls who choose to scheme against their fellow man,

To the hacks in life known as paid trolls who choose to scheme against their fellow man,

These hacks, including some here, are not patriots, just paid co-conspirators that have lost all sense of where they are, what moral ethics are and what Freedom really means.

Michael Snyder
    American Dream
    February 27, 2014

Do you want solid proof that paid government shills are targeting websites, blogs, forums and social media accounts? For years, many have suspected that government trolls have been systematically causing havoc all over the Internet, but proving it has been difficult.
    Image: Keyboard (Wikimedia Commons).

But now thanks to documents leaked by Edward Snowden and revealed by Glenn Greenwald, we finally have hard evidence that western governments have been doing this. As you will see below, a UK intelligence outfit known as the Government Communications Headquarters, through a previously secret unit known as the Joint Threat Research Intelligence Group, has been systematically attempting “to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse”. This should be deeply disturbing to anyone that values free speech on the Internet.

It isn’t just that the British government is trying to influence what people are thinking. The reality is that this is far bigger than a mere propaganda campaign. As Greenwald recently noted on his new website, the “integrity of the Internet itself” is at stake…

By publishing these stories one by one, our NBC reporting highlighted some of the key, discrete revelations: themonitoring of YouTube and Blogger, the targeting of Anonymous with the very same DDoS attacks they accuse “hacktivists” of using, the use of “honey traps” (luring people into compromising situations using sex) and destructive viruses. But, here, I want to focus and elaborate on the overarching point revealed by all of these documents: namely, that these agencies are attempting to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself.

So what techniques are the British using to control and manipulate discourse on the Internet? According to Greenwald, the documents that Snowden has uncovered show that they are willing to sink to despicable lows in order to get the results that they desire…

Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques tomanipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable. To see how extremist these programs are, just consider the tactics they boast of using to achieve those ends: “false flag operations” (posting material to the internet and falsely attributing it to someone else), fake victim blog posts (pretending to be a victim of the individual whose reputation they want to destroy), and posting “negative information” on various forums.

The following is a list of Internet infiltration techniques that were listed on one particular slide that Snowden leaked…

-Infiltration Operation

-Ruse Operation

-Set Piece Operation

-False Flag Operation

-False Rescue Operation

-Disruption Operation

-Sting Operation

You can check out this slide for yourself right here.

There is also evidence that the Canadian government has been involved in this sort of thing as well. The following comes from Natural News…

You’ve probably run into them before — those seemingly random antagonizers who always end up diverting the conversation in an online chat room or article comment section away from the issue at hand, and towards a much different agenda. Hot-button issues like illegal immigration, the two-party political system, the “war on terror” and even alternative medicine are among the most common targets of such attackers, known as internet “trolls” or “shills,” who in many cases are nothing more than paid lackeys hired by the federal government and other international organizations to sway and ultimately control public opinion.

Several years ago, Canada’s CTV News aired a short segment about how its own government had been exposed for hiring secret agents to monitor social media and track online conversations, as well as the activities of certain dissenting individuals. This report, which in obvious whitewashing language referred to such activities as the government simply “weighing in and correcting” allegedly false information posted online, basically admitted that the Canadian government had assumed the role of secret online police.

You can see a video news report about this activity up in Canada right here.

Are you disturbed yet?

You should be.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/yes...9Joi8WrwH4a.99

I notice the trend isn't working well for them. Maybe it did back in 2006 but today shills get spotted, called out and dog piled in short order. You can see it in the comment columns of just about every news feed.

Their comments are so incongruous with how people are actually reacting to them that it's almost comedic.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

on the CBC website the moderators of the comment section dont allow anyone to call out the trolls, They also dis allow comments that are against the general feeling they want to impose. So the moderators are as much involved as the paid trolls.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

This completely describes someone here on Gunsnet we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    This completely describes someone here on Gunsnet we all know.
    I hope that's not the case.........
    What's up my nigga's

Your thread falls in line with what's talked about on this link:
    Why Is the Military Creating an Army of Fake People on the Internet? - See more at: http://disinfo.com/2011/02/why-is-th....ugZAXsZe.dpuf

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    I notice the trend isn't working well for them. Maybe it did back in 2006 but today shills get spotted, called out and dog piled in short order. You can see it in the comment columns of just about every news feed.

Their comments are so incongruous with how people are actually reacting to them that it's almost comedic.
    Reminds me of Pat Garret and his durangokid. It was obvious to everyone what they were, we dog piled them, now they're gone.

Its too bad the other trolls don't take the same hint.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Scary shit man
    What's up my nigga's

Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques tomanipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable.
    Hmmm...studies advocating child molestation being "not that harmful", come to mind...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Hmmm...studies advocating child molestation being "not that harmful", come to mind...
    Interesting, from my point of view it's the other way around, you are injecting a false "narrative" in order to destroy my reputation.

And no, that's not an invitation to discuss that issue further.

And back to the topic, I do have a few thoughts

1."warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself"

That may be the most laughable thing I've ever heard.....3/4ths of online "discourse" is already warped as fuck, just check "rants" on Craigslist, or comments on youtube.

Integrity? Unless you mean "structural integrity" then you must be joking...the net is a place, yes with wonderful things, but also where you can find a hooker, cocaine, and a hit-man.

2. So what? So someone possibly gets paid by the government to web surf...what's scary about that? Other than a giant waste of money, what difference does it make. People pass fake information around the internet all the time, they link to sites that pretend to be news but are actually humor, or propaganda from Iran or some shit.

If you go around generally believing the nonsense that gets put on the net, then you deserve to be fooled.

Let say someone is trying to "steer the direction of the conversation", so what? Aren't there a hell of a lot more who can steer it back? People who can do a simple google search and refute shit.

Are you guys really worried that if someone tries to steer the conversation you might willingly drink the kool aid just because you heard it? Are you sheeple (I hate that word and rarely use it, but it fits here) sheeple to such a degree that a unknown guy on the net is going to get the upper hand on you to such a degree that you would actually be used for some nefarious purpose?

People argue 100 different directions, what makes a gov agent so special that it's actually going to sway anything? Or at least sway it in a way no one else possibly would?

3. I looked at the documents from the link, I gotta say it's hard to tell what they are talking about, there really isn't any context. To me it looks more like them analyzing how groups like Anonymous work than it looks like the government trying to copy it.

Without a header page explaining what the point of this is, it's kind of meaningless. Seems to me it was say the "hacktivist" group Anonymous were the ones changing people's facebook pictures, etc.

Why would the government even be involved in stupid pranks like that?

The prosecution rests.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

The prosecution rests.
    Good, I was tired of listening to you.

You should have plead the 5th.

Look who shows up to white knight for big brother...

...so obvious it's not even funny...

Also promoting incest...

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...onger-Be-Taboo

Post #23

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos
    First, let me say in no uncertain terms, I think incest is a bad idea, not something I would support, and immoral. I want to be totally clear on that.
    If you guys really want to derail another thread, so be it...but it's on you two, not me.

So how about that evidence? How about one single specific piece of proof that I ever supported any such filth as you two are claiming. Not a vague link to a thread, but something I actually said. Or find that study I supposedly linked to. I've never seen a study that was "advocating child molestation", so there is no way in hell I linked to one.

So either post up the proof, actual proof....or quit trolling me, and quit derailing threads.

Nope. Weren't very clear on that.

But it is quite clear you are here to try and get this thread locked.

Nope. Weren't very clear on that.

But it is quite clear you are here to try and get this thread locked.

Me saying "let me be totally clear" wasn't clear enough for you?

Perhaps you may note that the sentence wasn't followed by terms like "but", "however", or "nonetheless".

That should have made it crystal clear.

And nope, not trying to get the thread locked, but I think you two are.

Please note that I was not the one who brought it up. I, yet again, got called out, totally unprovoked, before I had even posted in this thread. So either show that proof, or knock it off, and lets allow the thread to get back to the actual topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Me saying "let me be totally clear" wasn't clear enough for you?
    You managed to muddy the waters via your conduct in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    lets allow the thread to get back to the actual topic.
    Lets;

We were discussing how much your posting style resembles the modus operandi described in the OP.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo GED; 07-14-2014 at 12:47 AM.

No, the "but" was implied, by the sentence you followed it with:

My first post in this thread was only to point out that it isn't universally "illegal" as common as most people would think.
    Jihad, the cutting of infidel throats, the crucifixion of infidels, is not illegal in some muslim countries/provinces, but that does not make it any less immoral. To in any way advocate for an immorality by stating it's not illegal...somewhere...is to advocate for that immorality...period.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast