Thread: The "Modern" family isn't so great...

Thumbs down The "Modern" family isn't so great...

• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average
    • 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
    • 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
    • 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
    • 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
    Read the rest here: http://thefatherlessgeneration.wordpress.com/statistics

Wow. I knew that fatherless homes were all-in-all not good for the children, but I didn't know it was THIS bad!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Holy crap!

Yeah, that's way worse than I would have thought.

Being a good father to one's children is about the most important thing a man can do.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    See you buncha homophobes! Imagine how good those statistics are for families with two dads!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    See you buncha homophobes! Imagine how good those statistics are for families with two dads!
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I think it's especially important for young girls to have a caring, loving father in their lives.

All of the screwed up young women i've met lately were abandoned by their fathers or had mothers who paraded a stream of disaffected men through their lives.

Most farm girls know a pig when they smell it.

They get together on Friday night. All the boys beware.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Read the rest here: http://thefatherlessgeneration.wordpress.com/statistics

Wow. I knew that fatherless homes were all-in-all not good for the children, but I didn't know it was THIS bad!
    As a kid who's parents divorced around 12 and who's father basically had nothing to do with his kids beyond a telephone call during Christmas or when they got in trouble, none of these statics I doubt. My father recently passed from small cell lung cancer, I had forgiven him fairly recently and all of us kids were starting to talk more to him. Proof that it can become too late to reestablish healthy relationships with estranged relatives.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

One of the factors that explains why Amish yoots are the way they are. They don't even know who to send Father's Day cards to.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

I firmly believe a lot of this countries problems stem from the degradation of the Christian principle based family unit.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    One of the factors that explains why Amish yoots are the way they are. They don't even know who to send Father's Day cards to.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Holy crap!

Yeah, that's way worse than I would have thought.

Being a good father to one's children is about the most important thing a man can do.
    A "father" is not a sperm donor. A "father" is the man who is always there for his kids, kicks their ass when they're bad, comforts them when they're sick, praises them when they are good and helps them when they need help.

I feel sorry for kids without a 2 parent family (nowadays, gotta qualify that... a 2 parent TRADITIONAL family - one father and one mother).

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I guess that explains why in this motherless home, a daughter gets a PhD in Neuroscience, three bachelor degrees, numerous academic and athletic awards as well as a national title holder in figure skating.

Honestly, two parent families work best, but it takes dedication from a single parent to make it work, and unfortunately most of the fatherless parents sited had mothers that might have been there, but really weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I guess that explains why in this motherless home, a daughter gets a PhD in Neuroscience, three bachelor degrees, numerous academic and athletic awards as well as a national title holder in figure skating.

Honestly, two parent families work best, but it takes dedication from a single parent to make it work, and unfortunately most of the fatherless parents sited had mothers that might have been there, but really weren't.
    I feel sorry for kids without a 2 parent family (nowadays, gotta qualify that... a 2 parent TRADITIONAL family - one father and one mother).
    What I should have said was "feel sorry for kids without both parents where one parent willingly and uncaringly gets up and leaves the family behind".

Obviously, this does not apply to your situation......

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Sorry Roger, my purple (internet sarcasm) wasn't as evident as it should have been. I agree with your ideas on this.