Thread: A very incredible test of gun care products!

Thumbs up A very incredible test of gun care products!

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Now that's some serious scientific testing right there.

I always swore by Breakfree CLP, but it looks like there are some better options available now, less prone to rusting.

Very interesting experiment.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

WD-40 pro and frog lube and Hornady one shot. Has my votes from now on
    What's up my nigga's

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Never would have though a WD40 product would come to the top of the list. My father tested it for helicopter lube and rated a spray bottle of diesel far better.

Wonder how LPS3 stands up. That is what I use for long term protection after cleaning. It leaves a thin waxy coating.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Great info, thanks for posting.

Just off the top of my head, Militec-1 makes a claim that as your firearm heats up from use their product "bonds" with the metal surface and creates lubricating and protecting properties that adhere even when the surface appears dry. I don't think those conditions were replicated in these tests so I'm not sure the product was fairly represented. Not a shill for Militec-1, but I've been using it for years and have no complaints.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Thanks for the post. I've always been curious about trying Frog Lube and that evaluation has settled the deal.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003