Thread: Ukraine, Russia, The EU, and the US

Ukraine, Russia, The EU, and the US

So things are coming to a boil over there;

More Ukrainian soldiers killed as fighting rages in east, peace move flops
    http://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-leader...072048766.html

Border Tensions Rise Between Ukraine and Russia
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/16/wo...acks.html?_r=1

I am thinking that they will go at it full tilt in a few weeks or less.
    Wich may result in the following;
    The Euro collapses on the bad news as investors wish they had saved for the pocalypse rather than invested.
    Eurobank bail-ins reduce most account holders to penury across the EU as happened in Cyprus, the test run for bail-ins.
    The Euro, hanging on by a thread for a long while now, finaly breaks free and freefalls, taking the EU with it.
    European nations scramble to get national currencies back in circulation.
    This event triggers similar in the US, with the dollar collapsing a few weeks after the Euro.
    Imagine how the 0bamaregim could take advantage of such a crisis.

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

I thought Lurch was on top of all situations in the world? Guess I shouldn't be surprised......
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    I thought Lurch was on top of all situations in the world? Guess I shouldn't be surprised......
    Dan
    Oh he and the 0bamaregim are on top of things alright.

U.S. preparing unilateral sanctions on Russia
    WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States is considering imposing unilateral sanctions on Russia over its threatening moves in Ukraine, a shift in strategy that reflects the Obama administration's frustration with Europe's reluctance to take tougher action against Moscow, according to U.S. and European officials.

Until now, the U.S. has insisted on hitting Russia with penalties in concert with Europe in order to maximize the impact and present a united Western front. The European Union has a far stronger economic relationship with Russia, making the 28-nation bloc's participation key to ensuring sanctions packages have enough teeth to deter Russia.

But those same economic ties have made Europe fearful that tougher penalties against Russia could boomerang and hurt their own economies. After weeks of inaction, the officials say the U.S. is now prepared to move forward alone if EU officials fail to enact strong sanctions during a meeting Wednesday in Brussels.

The U.S. official cautioned that no final decisions would be made until after the European meeting. The officials insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly by name.
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-preparing-u...-politics.html

And to make matters worse;

Ukraine Finally Signs the EU Deal That Started It All
    On Friday, Ukraine president Petro Poroshenko signed the historic trade and economic deal with the European Union that triggered the series of events that led to an armed standoff with separatists and the annexation of Crimea. Poroshenko called it "maybe the most important day for my country" since becoming independent from the Soviet Union more than 20 years ago.
    http://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-finall...132816252.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Obama admins frustration with Europe's reluctance?
    really?
    they would only be cutting off the ability to heat their homes this winter.
    I said years ago Russia would use natural gas against Europe.
    sad I was right.......... lie with dogs.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

don't know if it is true but I just heard that the sanctions will go after some banks, energy and arms manufacturers.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    don't know if it is true but I just heard that the sanctions will go after some banks, energy and arms manufacturers.
    Russian Stock Market Drops After Sanction Increase

Russian shares have fallen sharply after US and EU bolstered sanctions against Russia over its alleged support for separatists fighting in Ukraine.

The sanctions targeted major banks, defence firms and energy companies including Rosneft.

The RTS stock index, which is based on the share prices of 50 of Russia's most prominent firms, fell by more than 4%.

Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev called the sanctions "evil" and said that Russia might increase defence spending.

The boosted sanctions were imposed against Rosneft and fellow energy company Novatek, plus two banks: Gazprombank, and the state-owned Vnesheconombank.

Shares in energy giant Rosneft fell by over 5% in Thursday morning trading, and Novatek shares lost 11% in value.

The Moscow-based Micex stock exchange, which trades in roubles, fell by over 2.6%.
    http://www.marketpulse.com/20140717/...tion-increase/