Thread: Home improvment project wrap up

Home improvment project wrap up

OK, not bragging but I started a thread on this elsewhere during the downtime and just wanted to bring it to conclusion. Some here are familiar with it but to bring it together I found a few shots of the progress over the months. Yeah months could have been faster but kept me busy enough.
    It's an enclosed porch I had put up a few years ago when my insurance required I correct the old unenclosed porch, it was in pretty rough shape. It was partially finished off but I ran out of excuses and decided to finish it off.

First is around May when I cut a hole in the floor to insulate the floor where I ran into the unpleasant task of removing the curtains of spider webs.

My main goal was to replace the two sets of sash windows with french doors. Three windows in each set I was able to rework the old frames and use them for the side lites of the doors.

Here is an interior/exterior of what I was going for at around July 4th while I was waiting for the frames to be glazed with beveled glass. I left all the interior trim in place and cut it to fit the new doors. Tedious but worked out well and kept the look of the old house.

I finally saved up and had the floor installed last week. They did a great job I think and with a furniture store in town going out of business I was able to score some pretty good deals on some furniture. Along with some pieces I had tucked away here I'm pretty happy with the new living space.

A few more finishing touched but pretty much done, next on the list is to finish off a stair well I started to the attic quite few years ago.
    Last edited by Full Otto; 09-30-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Very nice!!

I agree....very fuckin nice
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Thanks a lot guys, sincerely

Here's a look at my next project.
    The trick is going to be build and enclose the walls above the ceiling before I tear it out.

looks great.

Nice job!
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I really like how those french doors open to the exterior hallway

Wow, that looks different than it did when I was up there last year. Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    Wow, that looks different than it did when I was up there last year. Looks good!
    Thanks man, you'll notice I have a couch now so if you try that again I'm set

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I really like how those french doors open to the exterior hallway
    Oh yeah for sure I'm hoping the heat from the living room get's out there. It worked for the a/c so it should be good pretty much year round Might have to close them for winter storms out of the east though, they're pretty rough out here in the open.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Wow. Very nice indeed. Wish I could get motivated enough to finish all my home improvements, lol .
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson