Thread: Have you also been getting Call's from the Philippines?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation Have you also been getting Call's from the Philippines?

I keep getting Call's from I believe the Philippines The Guy calling has a heavy Accent. He say's that he is from the World H.Q. of Internet Explorer. I knew it was a Scam, I was toying with him last time, I asked him how did the World H.Q. of Internet Explorer get to the Philippines? I then asked him what did he want? He said he was warning me of Internal Threat's to my Computer, and that he was not asking for Money. I then told him, Ok, I will call my Computer Company tomoral and ask them about it, as they Built it for me. I then Hung up. The 3 Times He called I just Hung up right away! This time I don't think he will call back, as I said I was going to call my Computer Store. Sure enough they told me it is a Scam. All they are trying to do is get a Credit Card from you, and then they say, the will go in your Computer and fix it remotely by long distance. I wonder if anyone has fell for this Yet?

If the country code is 63 then it is the Philippines. I have been receiving calls from Jamaica. Guy has my complete address and tells me he is in town and has a large check that is made out to me. He can't pronounce my name street or city correctly. I just tell him to come on over and we'll talk in person. I like to do my business in person.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    I keep getting Call's from I believe the Philippines The Guy calling has a heavy Accent. He say's that he is from the World H.Q. of Internet Explorer. I knew it was a Scam, I was toying with him last time, I asked him how did the World H.Q. of Internet Explorer get to the Philippines? I then asked him what did he want? He said he was warning me of Internal Threat's to my Computer, and that he was not asking for Money. I then told him, Ok, I will call my Computer Company tomoral and ask them about it, as they Built it for me. I then Hung up. The 3 Times He called I just Hung up right away! This time I don't think he will call back, as I said I was going to call my Computer Store. Sure enough they told me it is a Scam. All they are trying to do is get a Credit Card from you, and then they say, the will go in your Computer and fix it remotely by long distance. I wonder if anyone has fell for this Yet?
    If you fell for it enough to actually call your computer store, then I'm sure someone else has gone the extra step and paid these assholes to fix their computer remotely.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

No I knew it was a Scam! I Just told him that, to make sure, I called them this Morning. They just confirmed what I suspected. Hell all the Time's I hung up on them you think they would get the Idea. Paul