Thread: The "new" scientific method, and why LAGC wants his "gibs me dat!"

The "new" scientific method, and why LAGC wants his "gibs me dat!"

http://conservativeread.com/the-thre...ntific-method/

Universities charge 50 percent overhead on federal grants, using these profitable science Department monies to pay for unprofitable Art and Music Departments. The seeds of political correctness—which requires big, expensive, expansive government—were planted as the schools became addicted to federal welfare.
    University of Montreal’s Danielle Fanelli has written several comprehensive reviews of the content of published science and he found, in the last twenty years, that the number of “positive” results is increasing dramatically. That’s when the data confirm a proposed hypothesis rather than suggesting rejection or modification.

In a real world where scientists are answering real questions, that would be impossible. People have not suddenly become smarter, except, perhaps at how to advance in academia. There, candidates for promotion in the sciences are basically asked two questions: What did you publish, and how much taxpayer money did you bring in to support your research?
    We don't need no stinkin' badges...we're skientists!!!!!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Bingo. Nothing pays better these days it seems than PC junk science. The tree humping utopians are running the asylum and we are all paying the price for their religion.
    Returns June 3rd.