Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Was Found Guilty in Court Today

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Pretty exciting life, eh?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Detectors only work in instances where a radar unit is transmitting a signal. Most of the time the radar units are in standby mode, where the unit is on but not activated. Officers first judge the speed of a vehicle by eye, and if he or she suspects the vehicle to be speeding, only then is the radar unit activated to obtain the actual speed. By the time the radar detector warns you, it's too late. Unless it happens to be a lazy officer who just sits there with the radar unit constantly activated. I stopped a guy once going 39 MPH in a 25 MPH residential area. He said I was lying because his radar detector didn't alert him. Truth is I was able to estimate by eye that he was going around 40 MPH and I only activated the radar unit just long enough to record his actual speed and lock it in (less than a second). He only got a warning for the speed, despite his douchebaggery.
    Yeah, I know all the limitations of using a radar detector and I know how cops can "beat" them. However, around here, most cops have their units on all the time, even when parked and out of the car. I've been hit by a few "blips" where the cop turns on and off like you did. In both instances, I was doing under the speed limit.

The one advantage is that it will pick up a signal far beyond what a radar unit can accurately record and alert the driver of a police unit farther down the road.

However, even though I still use one, I have gotten so I, usually, do no more than the speed limit. For some reason, I've slowed down as I gotten older.... I've gotten into the habit of turning it on just for grins and giggles. It's interesting to see how often radar is used when I'm traveling. The only downside to having one in the car is I have to remember to take it out when I enter VA, as they're illegal in that state.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

So, would this constitute the 3rd strike?

Please?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    And I only have one cigarette lighter in my car, so I wouldn't be able to use my GPS (on road trips) at the same time. So that would suck.
    There are "multi-socket adapters" that can be found at some auto parts stores. I've got one 3-hole plastic job as well as one with two wires coming out of the plug with two sockets dangling on those wires. I've used those in various cars/trucks for years. No GPS but a CB and spotlight with both plugged in at the same time.

Here's one link:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_2cic6syr1y_b
    Or:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Way-Multi-...#ht_2215wt_922
    Or:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Way-Multi-...item1e8e0f00c6
    Last edited by JTHunter; 07-25-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Condolences about your dog.

He DID shoot your dog, didn't he?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Condolences about your dog.

He DID shoot your dog, didn't he?
    Now that was unexpected and funny!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12