Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any m&p owners out there?

Just going on what the ad says.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    There are heavy duty roll pins if it worries you. Keep in mind the CZ-75b uses a roll pin as a firing pin guide as well as retainer, just like the XD, and while neither of these pistols has the track record of reliability that the Glock (9mm) does, it doesn't mean they are unreliable. Nothing can match Glocks (9mm) track record of reliability, but that doesn't mean the Glock is the only viable option.

As has already been discussed in this thread, each polymer framed option represents a different balance between reliability, shootability, and size+weight/firepower.

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net...2&categoryId=4

His vid is not simulating a broken roll pin, he is simulating no roll pin. The one a customer brought me was locked up tight as far as the striker was concerned. When I got it apart 3 chunks came out. The chunks bound up the striker so that it would not move forward to strike a primer.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    His vid is not simulating a broken roll pin, he is simulating no roll pin. The one a customer brought me was locked up tight as far as the striker was concerned. When I got it apart 3 chunks came out. The chunks bound up the striker so that it would not move forward to strike a primer.
    I'm not doubting you. I just found the video interesting.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Just going on what the ad says.
    Here it is on Bud's police supply if you like them better. The SKU is the same, but the text of the ad is accurate and the price is $55 higher. http://www.budspolicesupply.com/cata...products_id/18
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Thanks. I'm gonna have to think on it some more. The other thing I'm not sold on is the hole in the top of the slide to see if it's loaded. I feel like that would invite dirt and debris into the weapon especially in the desert.

I know how much dirt, lint, body hair and other nasty shit ends up in a concealed carry piece.

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    I'm a glock guy also. But have been looking at the M&P 5 inch model and the XD Tactical 5 inch model. So I'm not sure what to do or do nothing.
    Can't go wrong with any of those choices.

I just checked the M&P that came from Botach: It has no internal safety and no magazine safety.

Also, the loaded chamber indicator peep hole seems to be about the smallest opening on the gun. Theres lots of open spaces on this pistol. Pics coming in a few minutes.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 08-03-2014 at 03:09 PM.

No IL:

No mag safety. And notice how much space there is around the barrel:

The loaded chamber indicator:

The chamber indicator seems small compared to this:

Thanks a lot for those pictures.

I just played with one the other day again. I really want to like this gun because it feels really good in my hands but that trigger...

I thought maybe it was just the first one I handled because it was an older version but the one I just handled 2 days ago was brand new in a gun shop and there was no discernible trigger reset. That's one of reasons I hated the H&K P30. Felt great, shot great, but you had to let the trigger almost completely out again to reset it. 100% of my training has been on Glocks with their short and positive reset and I was pressing the trigger again before the sear had reset and no boom. Not good.

Have you tried the Walther PPQ?

It might be considered more of an upgrade over the big three striker-fired pistols.

No. Hadn't even thought of that one. I remember the p99's. I just did some reading up on it and it looks awesome.

I wonder if it'll fit p99 holsters.
    Last edited by ready; 08-04-2014 at 02:03 AM.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

I'm sure there are other places with better prices but this was just random. This is the one I want but it's not cheap.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...3/category/40/

As far as the Springfield this one here.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-c-xd-sys.html
    Last edited by recon; 08-11-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I played with that one at the gun store. They feel great in the hand. Go feel the trigger and the reset before you buy though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12