Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of you maybe happy

Some of you maybe happy

and others I am not so sure. I have a appointment with a medical doctor
    on the 13th of this month. No she cannot put me away! But we will discuss
    the fact that I cannot deal with the life altering pain anymore.

Yahoo...
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope the doctor can give you relief from your pain.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

maybe you can get a medicinal marijuana prescription. Whatever happens hope it works out for the best.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    maybe you can get a medicinal marijuana prescription. Whatever happens hope it works out for the best.

Hey dude! How are the kids and Mrs? Not sure the medpot is an option but hey I took hyrdocodone and oxycontin
    for 5 years a change could be nice.

be the heat..

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Geez Dude I hope the doc can give you some relief.

Hey thanks. My youngest is almost 9 pounds now[IMG][/IMG] and hard to deal with.
    But thanks. I am having to involve myself with a new doctor.They are very suspicious about you asking about narcotics. The doctors have to move through the dea
    for a number. When my mother was dying in 99 I was told that she may not be given certain drugs because of stuff and hey knew she was in severe pain and going to
    die in 10 weeks or so. They didn't care. Like I said earlier, you learn things at different times.

I ramble. Sorry. If I knew better how to type or tell a story.
    Last edited by l921428x; 02-02-2018 at 02:15 AM.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Hey thanks. My youngest is almost 9 pounds now [IMG][/IMG] and hard to deal with.
    But thanks. I am having to involve myself with a new doctor.They are very suspicious about you asking about narcotics. The doctors have to move through the dea
    for a number. When my mother was dying in 99 I was told that she may not be given certain drugs because of stuff and hey knew she was in severe pain and going to
    die in 10 weeks or so. They didn't care. Like I said earlier, you learn things at different times.

I ramble. Sorry. If I knew better how to type or tell a story.
    anything but the pills man, they are bad fucking news.

Hey thanks for the sentiments and considerations. But nothing else works. Nothing.
    Well maybe a hardwired morphine drip. I was taking the 10mg oxycontin for 3 years
    and when I had my surgery I dropped them with no consideration. Never thought about them again
    for a year. My surgery was in 15 I want back in 16 and told Gullick that I wanted to go back to pain mgmt.
    and 14 months later I am actively and aggressively pursuing it.

Funny just saw the One P building missed the picture when I was posting. I think that thing is more than 9 pounds but I have stood on the very top.
    Last edited by l921428x; 02-02-2018 at 02:18 AM.

be the heat..

Yahoo...
    Be careful what you say, do and what medical advice or actions you take. Don't want any of the gun grabbers to decide you are unfit to possess firerams.

And, DO NOT mention a word about guns or gun ownership to the doctor. That's not a "medical" thing and it's none of their business.

Whenever a doctor or nurse asks me if "I have any guns in the house" I say "God no those things are dangerous!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Yahoo...
    Be careful if they prescribe you hydrocodone, oxycodone or any other opiate based pain meds. That stuff is terribly addictive (although, unfortunately, also very effective).

If you do get an opiate based pain med, plan on taking it for the rest of your life, because quitting is very difficult, and even if you quit relapsing is terribly easy.

Also be prepared to be scorned as a dope addict by the pharmacy each time you get a refill.

Hey dude! How are the kids and Mrs? Not sure the medpot is an option but hey I took hyrdocodone and oxycontin
    for 5 years a change could be nice.
    A year or so ago my dumbass cat walked in front of me and I twisted my ankle trying to avoid stepping on him.

My Lortab (hydrocodone + acetaminophen) didn't touch the pain, but a few drags of a joint COMPLETELY killed the pain.

I don't like pot (the taste, smell or feeling of it), but I was willing to endure a few drags to kill the pain, and damn if it didn't work 100%.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Be careful if they prescribe you hydrocodone, oxycodone or any other opiate based pain meds. That stuff is terribly addictive (although, unfortunately, also very effective).

If you do get an opiate based pain med, plan on taking it for the rest of your life, because quitting is very difficult, and even if you quit relapsing is terribly easy.

Also be prepared to be scorned as a dope addict by the pharmacy each time you get a refill.
    That stuff makes me nauseous. If I take it, I feel like I have a stomach virus.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I have family members and friends become addicts. It is incredibly difficult to kick that habit and it scares the hell out of me. I'd look at any alternative possible to opiates.

Believe me guys I DO understand what you are saying. I had a conversation with my wife last night
    about how scared (I am 60) I am to say anything to literally anyone. It goes into a file if it is
    written down. We were talking 2nd and 4th amendment rights. If you tell someone something in confidence
    and later for any reason (that is not unlawful) the information becomes "common" knowledge can they (.gov)
    call you anything and take away the 2nd? It is a huge question and it looms larger every year.

I would never think of admitting what you said Krup. For anyone..

be the heat..

Believe me guys I DO understand what you are saying. I had a conversation with my wife last night
    about how scared (I am 60) I am to say anything to literally anyone. It goes into a file if it is
    written down. We were talking 2nd and 4th amendment rights. If you tell someone something in confidence
    and later for any reason (that is not unlawful) the information becomes "common" knowledge can they (.gov)
    call you anything and take away the 2nd? It is a huge question and it looms larger every year.

I would never think of admitting what you said Krup. For anyone..
    Whatever happens, just remember your Father in heaven loves you and is always happy to hear from you

I agree in most ways with what you are saying. But I also know that I am a grown man that has seen this face before. You
    get hooked on drugs when you use them for recreation. My opinion. This is also my opinion.
    When you use it to function is different. The reason they wake you up at whatever odd hour to dose
    you is to make sure you are comfortable. Ok Ok Ok just a little pin prick there will be no more aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    but you may feel a little sick.......

be the heat..

I agree in most ways with what you are saying. But I also know that I am a grown man that has seen this face before. You
    get hooked on drugs when you use them for recreation. My opinion. This is also my opinion.
    When you use it to function is different. The reason they wake you up at whatever odd hour to dose
    you is to make sure you are comfortable. Ok Ok Ok just a little pin prick there will be no more aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    but you may feel a little sick.......
    I've also head that opiates fuck with your natural paint tolerance. you have a back injury, get prescribed oxycontin, maybe take a few more than the dr prescribes but you function fine (build up a tolerance). Over time you develop an addiction (I have seen this in family members) but hey, its medicine not like its drugs, you take a few a day and feel great and can function.

Your back injury has healed but the opiate has its hooks into you. You are so used to being numbed that your natural pain tolerance is diminished. Normal discomforts that people would just deal with become excruciating. you stop taking the pills and your back is killing you, you can't stand it, you can't function so you need more. You go back to the dr and tell him about your horrible pain.

If you are lucky he prescribes you more pills.

If you are unlucky he cuts you off and you switch to street drugs after spending a few years of trying to con doctors out of scripts.

Fuck that stuff!

I know and understand what you are saying and very much appreciate it.A back injury is not really correct. I technically never hurt myself.
    I have spinal stenosis in my lower back. Stenosis is when the nerve (sciatic in this case) is being squeezed and pinched.
    The doctors have told me that this is genetic and was not caused by the work I did. The fist operation Aug. '15 was a decompression
    surgery. Basic laymans terms are make a 6" cut on the spine and dremel the gap open between the vertebrae to relieve the pressure.
    The chance for success was 85% and I was fine until April or so in '16. The next step is way way more complicated, it would involve plates and screws.
    It has been it has been 27 months since I have taken any pills and while the pain does not wake me screaming in the middle of the night anymore, it
    never stops. But opiates are really effective on nerve pain because they dull the receptors on/in the nerves.

be the heat..

Be careful of that medical MJ. From what I've been hearing about some states, if you take that, you lose your 2A Rights.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 02-07-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Damn only 8 more days. This is starting to get worse.

be the heat..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast