Thread: Recall - HORNADY CRITICAL DUTY 9MM 135GR. +P, LOT #3141635

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Exclamation Recall - HORNADY CRITICAL DUTY 9MM 135GR. +P, LOT #3141635

After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Wow.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Hornady Mfg Company ballisticians have determined that some cartridges from Lot # 3141635 may exhibit light or no powder charges. Use of this product may result in firearm damage and or personal injury.
    No good.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I wonder if they found out the hard way. I heard their critical defense 115gr 9mm is shit, too. Not defective, just performs poorly against barriers. A Hornady rep had a less than intelligent response as well which didn't help my opinion of them.
    Last edited by ready; 07-31-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    I wonder if they found out the hard way. I heard their critical defense 115gr 9mm is shit, too. Not defective, just performs poorly against barriers. A Hornady rep had a less than intelligent response as well which didn't help my opinion of them.

I know this isn't the 115 grain.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Critical Duty and 115gr Critical Defense are different rounds. The Critical Defense had problems with glass, vehicle doors, walls, etc.

A rep for hornady responded by saying that it wasn't tested for barrier penetration and that civilians didn't need barrier penetration. He also said if you shot through a barrier in a defensive situation you were probably going to jail.

http://www.firearmstactical.com/tact...06/04/main.htm

Here's the article. There's also numerous posts about primer failures.

Critical Duty and 115gr Critical Defense are different rounds. The Critical Defense had problems with glass, vehicle doors, walls, etc.
    I just thought it was an interesting video and that you might too.

A rep for hornady responded by saying that it wasn't tested for barrier penetration and that civilians didn't need barrier penetration. He also said if you shot through a barrier in a defensive situation you were probably going to jail.
    Aren't you an LEO?

Either way, we carry firearms just in case. No telling what you might have to fire through. Someone in this state a few years ago had to shoot a carjacker through their passenger side window because someone was blocking them in at a stop light.

Ex-LEO. But civilians face the same dangers cops face and without the back up and body armor. Only difference is LEOs get paid to go looking for it.