Thread: i have a question

i have a question

recently I was thinking of buying a palmetto state lower.

question is; if I were to buy 2 at the same time is there a transfer fee on 1 or both
    to the ffl? just askin.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    recently I was thinking of buying a palmetto state lower.

question is; if I were to buy 2 at the same time is there a transfer fee on 1 or both
    to the ffl? just askin.
    My FFL only charges me one fee, but remember that it is up to your FFL. Palmetto State Armory has no say-so in the matter.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

what do you mean by a no say so Funk?

be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    what do you mean by a no say so Funk?
    Your FFL holder is the one who charges you the FFL fee, not Palmetto State Armory.

Having no say-so is my lowcountry way of saying that PSA doesn't have any authority over the price of the FFL fee.

"Say-so" = authority. I should probably just translate my entire thought into standard American English for now on.

So make sure you call your FFL and ask him how much he will charge you to transfer two AR receivers for you.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

ok got it, my lowcountry mind didn't get the no say in fee.

be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Your FFL holder is the one who charges you the FFL fee, not Palmetto State Armory.

Having no say-so is my lowcountry way of saying that PSA doesn't have any authority over the price of the FFL fee.

"Say-so" = authority. I should probably just translate my entire thought into standard American English for now on.

So make sure you call your FFL and ask him how much he will charge you to transfer two AR receivers for you.
    No, you don't need to translate. I understood you perfectly and I'm from Indiana originally. I am also an ex-FFL dealer. Your answer is correct the seller of a firearm, (in this case the Palmetto State Armory AR15 lower) has no role in setting the transfer fee. Nor does BATFE either. The individual FFL dealer sets the price of the fee. I've heard of fees as high as $50 bucks for one weapon, and a low of $10 per weapon. The big money fee dealers would often say one fee for multiples, some charge a separate fee.

I picked up my lower a while back and they dont charge anything for your first time there. $25 next time you use them,unlimited.

I have nothing more to add in what others have already said....except for...

Watch out if they charge you a sales tax (unless your state allows it)...next thing to watch out for is if they make you do all the leg work (faxing, copying ya..da)...the last thing, is when they "lost" it and since you did all the leg work, you are now responsible....

Been there, fuck that.

Do yourself a favor. If you find a great funshop, hand your favorite employee a gas card or some kind of thank you. Trust me, they are few and far between.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!