Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX100 no longer vaperware!

I hope you enjoy every little bit of that weapon buddy! Nice !!!
    What's up my nigga's

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Thank you sir! After checking I agree with your suggestion on the Aimpoint PRO.

About the main thing that I liked about the 512 is that it uses standard AA batteries, but the PRO has the ability for future upgrades.

Just did some checking and it seems like the Eotech eats batteries on or off!

Ordering an Aimpoint PRO.
    Good choice IMO. Sure the battery is a bit off the beaten path but the battery is Lithium so it will have about a 10 year shelf life. I keep 1 as a backup. In another 6 years I'll probably buy 1 more battery. Yes on the 512's eating batteries, though I've not had that with my 2. Recoil evidently compresses the terminals and can lead to issues. Take notice of how the newest Eotechs use CR123 batteries running 90° to the sight body instead of inline like the 512 and other older high end Eotch models. That's their fix to the terminal damage. That said, they still can't get close to the battery life Aimpoint models have.

I am very much looking forward to reading your range report.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Totally forgot I do have one non-STANAG in the "closet"

I will admit that it went in easily, but even fully loaded would not "drop free". I had to give it a good smack to get it out, but that could have been that the weight was not centered on the C/G of the mag and an empty might drop free.

Balance was amazingly nice for a full loaded Beta C-mag, and it did not seem as heavy as I would have expected.

Still 100 rounds of non-stop fun.
    That just looks cool with the beta mag, kinda like a rocket ready to take off

'Nut- Any chance they will offer it in other colors ?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    'Nut- Any chance they will offer it in other colors ?
    Based on the accessories I have seen for it, I would expect to see at least desert tan.

As of now Beretta only lists black, but would not be surprised to see the desert tan and since everyone else has it, a flat dark earth.

Unfortunately with Beretta, either they brag about something that won't be out for years, or surprise the heck out of everyone with something totally unannounced.

I would love one in OD
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I would love one in OD
    Manufacturers seem to prefer tan these days. I'd love to see the Beretta, the Tavor, and all the plastic pistols available in OD or Foliage.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Nothing a can of rustoleum won't take care of. I know some of you guys aren't too keen on spray painting your new toys.

So why is it in a month that you spend more than you want to, Brownell's has a sale that you cannot refuse? $50 off purchases over $300 making the Aimpoint Pro $416 shipped! So basically they are giving free shipping and covering the sales tax.

DOH!!!!

You can get it $416 with free shipping here as well. A few weeks ago they had it for $360 shipped. http://www.lapolicegear.com/aim-12841-pro-optic.html

I have this sight on an AR and love it. Wish I could afford one for every carbine.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 08-04-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Is there any tunnel vision with that optic? Is it sensitive to head movement or cheek weld?

No tunnel vision. Its a true 1x optic and is advertised as being totally paralax free without the need to center the dot. I leave mine on 24/7, never flip up the transparent rear cover, and only occasionally flip the front cover, so its always ready to pick up and use without fiddling with the controls. Battery should last 3 years left on the medium setting (7).

To be honest though I haven't tested it by shooting at close range with the dot all the way to one side or anything to see if the POI would change.

OK...I've used some other tubular sights and when firing from awkward or improvised positions if I wasn't directly behind the optic I would get some tunneling or sometimes complete blackout. You don't notice it if you just plink at the range but when you're laying on your side firing underneath a car you really notice it.

I don't think they were true 1x's either.

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    OK...I've used some other tubular sights and when firing from awkward or improvised positions if I wasn't directly behind the optic I would get some tunneling or sometimes complete blackout. You don't notice it if you just plink at the range but when you're laying on your side firing underneath a car you really notice it.

I don't think they were true 1x's either.
    The dot will exit your field of view before you become unable to see through the scope.

You should actually be able to fire this with the lens cap covered as long as you're used to shooting with both eyes open.

Oops... its upside down. Oh well, you get the idea.

Yup, got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    You can get it $416 with free shipping here as well. A few weeks ago they had it for $360 shipped. http://www.lapolicegear.com/aim-12841-pro-optic.html

I have this sight on an AR and love it. Wish I could afford one for every carbine.
    Your "This" link brings me to ebay and all I see are laser sights for handguns and a Buckhorn iron rear sight more suited to a Winchester lever gun. Later on these pages it sounds like you're describing the Aimpoint PRO sight. It can be left on for 3 years at the 7th brightness setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Your "This" link brings me to ebay and all I see are laser sights for handguns and a Buckhorn iron rear sight more suited to a Winchester lever gun. Later on these pages it sounds like you're describing the Aimpoint PRO sight. It can be left on for 3 years at the 7th brightness setting.
    The only link I included in my post was the LA police gear page with the aimpoint PRO. any other links you see were provided involuntarily by Gunsnet's new advertising partner, "Viglink".

I almost never highlight the words of my text and set them as hyperlinks, so if you see a link in any of my posts that doesn't look like a URL, you can assume it was added by Viglink.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 08-04-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    The only link I included in my post was the LA police gear page with the aimpoint PRO. any other links you see were provided involuntarily by Gunsnet's new advertising parer, "Viglink".

I almost never highlight the words of my text and set them as hyperlinks, so if you see a link in any of my posts that doesn't look like a URL, you can assume it was added by Viglink.
    Holy crap, I hadn't noticed these before now! Hell, 2 of them are in my post commenting on your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Holy crap, I hadn't noticed these before now! Hell, 2 of them are in my post commenting on your post.
    When I first noticed them a few months ago I contacted David thinking it was a virus or hacker, but found that he had installed the software to allow these "Viglinks". Hopefully they are funding the site since we have so few overt advertisers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast