Thread: Glock Project?

Glock Project?

I think I got a good deal on this complete G19 frame. $175, looks to be in "like new" condition.
    Not sure what I'm gonna do with it though, I was thinking it could use a Lone Wolf G34 conversion slide, stainless of couse.
    Also thought it may be fun to try to stipple the frame myself, but I'm likely to mess it up.
    What would you do with it? I'd like to hear some ideas, thanks.

If you want to try stippling, just use a template instead of free handing it. It's pretty hard to mess up. Or use a paint marker or something to put a pattern on the grips and then bust out the iron.

If you want to get rid of the finger grooves, it's pretty easy to take a hand file, knock them down a bit and then cut long strips of sandpaper about an inch wide and smooth them even with the rest of the grip. Just put the frame in a vice and use the sandpaper like you're polishing a boot.

The lone wolf barrels are pretty good. I had a threaded one in my G19 for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    If you want to try stippling, just use a template instead of free handing it. It's pretty hard to mess up. Or use a paint marker or something to put a pattern on the grips and then bust out the iron.

If you want to get rid of the finger grooves, it's pretty easy to take a hand file, knock them down a bit and then cut long strips of sandpaper about an inch wide and smooth them even with the rest of the grip. Just put the frame in a vice and use the sandpaper like you're polishing a boot.

The lone wolf barrels are pretty good. I had a threaded one in my G19 for a while.
    Thanks for your input.
    I'm a fan of the finger groves, gonna leave them there. If I do get to sanding on it I will undercut the trigger guard for sure. Seen a few video's on the U-tube, most of the folks will use a template or some outline for stippling. I'm good at metal work, but have never had luck with plastic. I guess if I take my time and go slow.....they make it look so easy on those vids.

Build a carbine perhaps?

My advice if you undercut the trigger guard is do not use a dremel. A lot of guys do and they get away with it but personally I think it's too easy to either melt the trigger guard or take too much off. When I did mine, I used a half round file to get it started and some sandpaper glued to a wooden dowel to clean it up.

And if you do decide to stipple. Keep in mind what you're going to be using the weapon for. If it's going to spend it's time on a rig, that's one thing but if you're going to conceal carry it, be careful on how aggressive you get with the stippling. It will tear up your skin, wear holes in shirts and tear up you car seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    Build a carbine perhaps?
    I like the way you think. I did have an AK/Glock hybreed in mind, but time and money are a limiting factor.

My advice if you undercut the trigger guard is do not use a dremel. A lot of guys do and they get away with it but personally I think it's too easy to either melt the trigger guard or take too much off. When I did mine, I used a half round file to get it started and some sandpaper glued to a wooden dowel to clean it up.

And if you do decide to stipple. Keep in mind what you're going to be using the weapon for. If it's going to spend it's time on a rig, that's one thing but if you're going to conceal carry it, be careful on how aggressive you get with the stippling. It will tear up your skin, wear holes in shirts and tear up you car seats.
    Great advice.
    Not sure where to go with it, leaning towards a long slide though. Just to plink, and use for a truck gun.

Has anyone tried one of these? How do they stay in place?
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...D=1099&CAT=255
    I would think it would slide out at some point, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Adog View Post
    I think I got a good deal on this complete G19 frame. $175, looks to be in "like new" condition.
    Not sure what I'm gonna do with it though, I was thinking it could use a Lone Wolf G34 conversion slide, stainless of couse.
    Also thought it may be fun to try to stipple the frame myself, but I'm likely to mess it up.
    What would you do with it? I'd like to hear some ideas, thanks.

What I would do with it is sell it to me! Lol
    What's up my nigga's

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkilla01 View Post
    What I would do with it is sell it to me! Lol
    I was not sure what the darn thing was worth till after I agreed to a price, it just felt right.
    Looking online, maybe $240 with shipping and transfer?. I think I done good.

I was not sure what the darn thing was worth till after I agreed to a price, it just felt right.
    Looking online, maybe $240 with shipping and transfer?. I think I done good.
    You done damn good bro! Damn good! Boy I've got an extra 19 slide in my safe that would love to have that. I need to find one. So if you ever sell it.......
    What's up my nigga's

You done damn good bro! Damn good! Boy I've got an extra 19 slide in my safe that would love to have that. I need to find one. So if you ever sell it.......
    Fuck that, sell me your slide!
    I'll give you $175 shipped.

Fuck that, sell me your slide!
    I'll give you $175 shipped.

Hey how about we just put um together and ship it back and forth. So we can both use it!!!!! Lmao
    What's up my nigga's

Hey how about we just put um together and ship it back and forth. So we can both use it!!!!! Lmao
    In a free country, we could.

I already got a G19, bone stock sept the extended mag release and extended forward slide release.

In a free country, we could.

I already got a G19, bone stock sept the extended mag release and extended forward slide release.
    Yeah i know. It would be nice to. I've got one to. Bone stock except the extended slide release and a x-300 sure fire on it
    What's up my nigga's

Glocks like to be bone stock. Changing the sights, slide stop or mag release is OK, but you can run into trouble with some of these aftermarket internals.

Glocks like to be bone stock. Changing the sights, slide stop or mag release is OK, but you can run into trouble with some of these aftermarket internals.
    I do not plan on changing the trigger group, may try to smooth it out a bit though. I know, should not mess with perfection.

There really isn't anything to smooth out on a glock trigger. You can lighten it up with a 3.5lb connector but really the only friction zone is the striker/sear engagement area and I don't know that you could get anything out of polishing that.

I shouldn't call it a sear, they call it a cruciform but it has the same function.
    Last edited by ready; 08-03-2014 at 09:30 PM.

There really isn't anything to smooth out on a glock trigger. You can lighten it up with a 3.5lb connector but really the only friction zone is the striker/sear engagement area and I don't know that you could get anything out of polishing that.

I shouldn't call it a sear, they call it a cruciform but it has the same function.
    I read this bull shit.

"How do I get the best Glock trigger (for me):

Lone Wolf 3.5 connector
    Lone Wolf Ultimate Trigger Stop
    Lone Wolf 4 lb striker spring
    Lone Wolf 6 lb trigger spring

Polish the trigger bar "birds head" flat and edge where it contacts the connector also the raised angled edge where it contacts the firing pin safety and the "kick up" edge where it engages the striker leg. Polish the leading edge of the firing pin safety and the face. Polish the face of the striker leg.
    Squirt a little "Flitz" between all bearing surfaces of the trigger system. (everything you polished) Keep it there for a few hundred rounds then clean all the parts and check the bearing surfaces. They should be lapped in completely. If so, replace the Flitz with a small amount of quality grease or oil. If not, add a little more Flits and check it again in a couple hundred rounds.
    Special note: You can use this recipe with any connector, 3.5/5/8. Try them all and pick the one best suited to your style shooting.

FYI: If you have a Glock that has a couple thousand rounds through it your trigger is already lapped in. If you replace the trigger bar or connector in this gun I guarantee it will feel terrible. Any part that is replaced into a lapped system needs to be lapped in itself before a reliable evaluation can be made."

Yeah, I've seen the 25 cent trigger job. I don't know how much of that is placebo effect.

Im sure you're familiar with this but it shows the engagement areas. That gray bar is the connector and the blue the trigger bar/cruciform. The orange tab is the striker. The pull has more to due with the angle of the connector than friction from surface resistance. Everything else is springs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ready; 08-03-2014 at 11:21 PM.